🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lawmakers To Bring Sexual Assault Survivors And Activists To State Of The Union

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
“Because one more victim is too much,” said one advocate accompanying a congresswoman to the event.

At least eight members of Congress plan to bring sexual assault survivors or activists to the State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Many of these lawmakers said the Me Too movement, which has shed light on sexual harassment and other gender-based misconduct across various industries, had inspired them to invite their guests.

“I have never seen such an extraordinary opportunity to change the culture of society in my lifetime,” Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) told HuffPost. “I will use every opportunity to underscore how important it is for us to stay on this issue and clean up the mess that has been impacting women in the workforce for decades.”

Others said they hoped to remind viewers that at least 21 women have accused President Donald Trump of sexual harassment or assault.

More: Lawmakers To Bring Sexual Assault Survivors And Activists To State Of The Union

Sounds great. Giving Trump a dose of his own medicine.

The question is, have all these survivors' cases been properly prosecuted and adjudicated in a court of law? Or are they self-declared victims and their alleged attackers already found guilty without benefit of the law? While I am sure that some, perhaps many, of these allegations have a basis of truth, there are no doubt many that are unfounded and driven by less pure motives. It's a scary time to be a man around these parts.

“Because one more victim is too much,” said one advocate accompanying a congresswoman to the event.

At least eight members of Congress plan to bring sexual assault survivors or activists to the State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Many of these lawmakers said the Me Too movement, which has shed light on sexual harassment and other gender-based misconduct across various industries, had inspired them to invite their guests.

“I have never seen such an extraordinary opportunity to change the culture of society in my lifetime,” Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) told HuffPost. “I will use every opportunity to underscore how important it is for us to stay on this issue and clean up the mess that has been impacting women in the workforce for decades.”

Others said they hoped to remind viewers that at least 21 women have accused President Donald Trump of sexual harassment or assault.

More: Lawmakers To Bring Sexual Assault Survivors And Activists To State Of The Union

Maybe Ivana should be among them too.

Are the democrats using tax dollars to pay the victims of their criminal sexual misconduct to attend with them...?

:p

So let me get this right;

The group of people that have used and abused women for decades, are going to show the world that it's someone else fault.

Is this what they are trying to say?

Will Melania have the guts to show her face during the SOTU? I've heard rumors that Stormy Daniels has been invited to attend.

The Dems just need the company at the SOTU. Because Trump has
been fucking those libs for going on 2 months now...nonstop.

Not a smart move because most of the perpetrators of sexual assault are Democrats. Conyers, Franken, Ruben Kihuen, Slick Willy.

Not a smart move because most of the perpetrators of sexual assault are Democrats. Conyers, Franken, Ruben Kihuen, Slick Willy.

Not true. Trump is the King Molester!

It's an issue, but I think it is silliness to bring them to the State of the Union...for goodness sake.... yes, it is important for all women, but this dog and pony show state of the union address really is not the time and place for this in my opinion....

Our country could blow up in to a constitutional crisis at any moment....and this type of thing is a priority to the Democratic congress critters?

Please..... :rolleyes:

You didn't disprove what I said, numskull.

Lol
Washington redskin, stay out of the firewater... you silly little fucker

Proof?

Another reason to cancel the address and send a fucking letter.

The Constitution only requires that the president address congress from time to time, not have a nationally televised speech where all the partisan fucktards show their fucking asses.

Grandstanding on both sides has gone to the point of stupidity.

Forum List

Back