Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210901_091038.jpg
20210901_103925.jpg

I guess you could say it was a "shitty" day
20210901_085042.jpg

• Banned
Shark bites behind walls are not a great Idea. Just sayin'!
They last as long as sweat fittings. I've had tons of sweated joints that were leaking when I tear apart bathrooms. Or just valves in general. Of all the pex I've demoed only one failed and it was quite old. They have the same rubber seals in them as any other valve that's behind the wall.
Now if you don't properly clean & install right you will have issues. In the 25 or so years I've used them I've never had an issue.

Shark bites behind walls are not a great Idea. Just sayin'!
I hate plumbing, but have had good luck with Shark Bites. I have two or three in my attic. Quest pipe, not an option. His CPVC, excellent.

They last as long as sweat fittings. I've had tons of sweated joints that were leaking when I tear apart bathrooms. Or just valves in general. Of all the pex I've demoed only one failed and it was quite old. They have the same rubber seals in them as any other valve that's behind the wall.
Now if you don't properly clean & install right you will have issues. In the 25 or so years I've used them I've never had an issue.
Pex is great pro press fittings are very good too thanks for the input. proper installation is what most people don't get right. Any doubts call "the Guy" Thanks gramps

I did a shower
Pex is great pro press fittings are very good too thanks for the input. proper installation is what most people don't get right. Any doubts call "the Guy" Thanks gramps
About 15 years ago that had 18 heads and a built in jacuzzi in the center. It had a control box for all the water leads and was run by a computer that synchronized the water pulses, led lighting and music all together. Massive 60k shower. The majority of the piping ran through a very tall attic and I missed the insulation on 2 pipes. They froze solid and I had to go out with a hair dryer to thaw them out. Had it been copper it would have burst.

Forum List

Back