Learning Recovery Stalls

Being able to read the most important document in the history of their culture IS NOT a waste of time.

635713591868304817-declaration-presto.jpg

Being able to read it is not the same as wasting time teaching students to write that way. Print by hand provides all the necessary benefits. Although a few of my students have handwriting that is all but impossible to read anyway.

Being able to read it is not the same as wasting time teaching students to write that way. Print by hand provides all the necessary benefits. Although a few of my students have handwriting that is all but impossible to read anyway.
My cursive was never good. My dad printed everything in fairly large letters and was easy to read. No straining over goofy cursive letters. My mother wrote in beautiful cursive; however, it was still laborious for me to read. Except for the artistic, and personal, appeal of cursive there is no good reason to use it. I've never seen a book or article printed in cursive.

Mastery of cursive will become like that of calligraphy, used only as a speciality.

Master of pre-mid 19th century languages going back to ancient times will require that ability.

I'm old enough to say i've been subjected to Rinehart

big whoop, if our educational system focuses on the script, and not the content , it's one more nail in 'school choice'

~S~

Forum List

Back