Leave Bill Bellicheck alone!!

I get your point, but I would think the probability of picking up 2 yards changes when it's a 4th down situation. If you really want to do that math, make sure you factor that in.

Of course it matters. The fact that the last two times the Colts got the ball they marched the length of the field and scored touchdowns, each in under two minutes IIRC, also matters.

But if you don't want to throw out numbers I will.

1. I'm giving them at least 50/50 odds of picking up the first down.

2. I'd assign about 90% probability that the Colts score from the 30.

3. I'd even be willing to be conservative and only assign 50/50 odds that the Colts score from their own 30.

When you do the math, the combo of 1 & 2 gives the Pats a 55% chance of winning. So unless you think the odds for number 3 are 45% or less, the decision was sound.

I've seen plenty of decisions I've had to question during and in hindsight, so don't feel so bad.

Be honest and unbiased about your opinion on this...did he have possession at the marker?

I didn't see enough evidence to overturn the call.

IMO, the REAL fuckup was the play called on 3rd and 2. Should have ran a QB sneak on a quick count.

How is it considered hindsight if during live action you're already questioning the decision before it ended up going bad?

All we're saying is the potential risk far outweighed the potential reward. It's got nothing to do with hindsight.

But at least Bill was able to make light of it. Let's hope you're defense was, too.

He is the only person in the world whose hindsight is 20/200.

I think it was the right call. But then again I actually watched the game. :eusa_whistle:

It was a great one, wasn't it? Some peeps here in Indy went to bed before it was over, can you imagine that?

Old Dogbert tried to ask me how I liked my Crow with less than 5 minutes left in the game when you guys were up. I told him the game wasn't over yet, and I was right.

A win is a win, no matter who f*cks it up for the other team! :thup:

I think it was the right call. But one that few coaches would have the balls to make.

Andy Reid probably would have pussed out on 3rd and punted :lol:

And then run a wildcat with a Vick keeper up the middle to run the clock out if he miraculously managed to get the ball back.

As far as gambles go, I still say it was a pretty good one.

At that point in the game, I would definitely agree that the probability of the Patriot's offense picking up 2 yards on one play was higher than the probability that the Patriot's defense was going to stop the Colt's offense with 2 minutes and one time-out left (even if they had to cover 80 yards).

So its a better gamble to give Peyton a 30 yard field than a 70 yard field?

Peyton is in Belechicks head....and it showed

39056133151.jpg
~BH

As far as gambles go, I still say it was a pretty good one.

At that point in the game, I would definitely agree that the probability of the Patriot's offense picking up 2 yards on one play was higher than the probability that the Patriot's defense was going to stop the Colt's offense with 2 minutes and one time-out left (even if they had to cover 80 yards).

So its a better gamble to give Peyton a 30 yard field than a 70 yard field?

Peyton is in Belechicks head....and it showed

Like that was the gamble. :rolleyes:

You're welcome to your opinion, but if defending it requires saying retarded shit, that should be a red flag right there. :lol:

Forum List

Back