Left-wing pro-abortion eugenicists open up after Texas passes sanctity of life law

The left are finally being honest about why they love abortion. It keeps "undesirables" (the "human weeds" Margaret Sanger wrote about) out of their gene pool. These people make Josef Mengele smile.

It's not that Downs syndrome children are "undesireable", it's that they are usually born to older mothers - women over 40, and will require lifetime, full time caregivers. Very few Downs adults are capable of living on their own. Because Downs parents tend to be older, the decision for their child's continuing care needs to be made sooner rather than later.

My youngest was born when I was 41. If she had been a Downs child, I would now be looking at long term care for her now as I'm 72, and would not be able to cope with caring for a Down's child for much longer. She is 31 and would need care to at least age 70 or more. Her siblings all have families of their own and couldn't care for her.

One of our neighbours was the parent of a Down's child. She was in her 60's. Her husband had left her so she was on her own. The child was in the best care facility she could afford for her, but she said if she had it to do over, she would have had the abortion. Not because she doesn't love her daughter, but because her daughter will never have any quality of life, and once her mother is gone, she will have no one.

All of these children used to be institutionalized. Placed in care facilities and left there. Basically abandoned. Caring for them is time consuming and expensive. For poor families, having a Downs child means only one parent can work.

Abortion has given parents the option of deciding whether to have a child they will never be able to care for properly, unless they're wealthy, and having that child lead a limited life in institututions as a result, or trying again with for a child without these limitations.

Forum List

Back