🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Leftist Butthurt Alert: Trump Going After H1B Visas Next

How terrible Americans will no longer be fired and replaced with a citizen of Pakistan.

“If implemented, the reforms could shift the way American companies like Microsoft Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc. recruit talent and force wholesale changes at Indian companies such as Infosys Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. Businesses would have to try to hire American first and if they recruit foreign workers, priority would be given to the most highly paid. . . . The foreign work visas were originally established to help U.S. companies recruit from abroad when they couldn’t find qualified local workers. In many cases, the companies are hiring for highly technical positions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM. But in recent years, there have been allegations the programs have been abused to bring in cheaper workers from overseas to fill jobs that otherwise may go to Americans.”

Trump’s Next Immigration Move to Hit Closer to Home for Tech.
So now hiring is not based on ability. This is no different than affirmative action. Trump isn't doing what he promised. I'm voting for Keith Ellison in 2020.
How did I know the left love paying minimum wage for jobs that earn +$75K a year?
The lazy white man with his can of Budweiser and his hit of meth, is no match hard working Hindu immigrant who arrives on time and doesn't even drink.
Democrats are worthless no matter what beer they drink.....:lol:

The thread once again shows the lefts love of the 1% and paying low wages to "the little people".

How terrible Americans will no longer be fired and replaced with a citizen of Pakistan.

“If implemented, the reforms could shift the way American companies like Microsoft Corp., Amazon.com Inc. and Apple Inc. recruit talent and force wholesale changes at Indian companies such as Infosys Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. Businesses would have to try to hire American first and if they recruit foreign workers, priority would be given to the most highly paid. . . . The foreign work visas were originally established to help U.S. companies recruit from abroad when they couldn’t find qualified local workers. In many cases, the companies are hiring for highly technical positions in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM. But in recent years, there have been allegations the programs have been abused to bring in cheaper workers from overseas to fill jobs that otherwise may go to Americans.”

So now hiring is not based on ability. This is no different than affirmative action. Trump isn't doing what he promised. I'm voting for Keith Ellison in 2020.

if the visa system wasn't abused there never would have been a problem. Lots of Americans were forced to train the people who would replace them for less money. In those cases, the person laid off was qualified for the job.

Do you or anyone else know of American tech workers that can't find a job? I know that I'm constantly getting job interview offers - it gets annoying.

Well, there are all those workers from Disney, So. Cal. Edison, and Apple; who were fired so that Indian IT workers could have their jobs.

But hey, they were made to train their replacements, so it's all good.

I doubt that the tech industry will be affected by this at all. This would only be meaningful if there were a whole lot of American tech workers that couldn't find a job.

I guess that if this did cut off foreign workers, it would result in American tech workers getting much higher salaries - and American businesses would be screwed.

The tech industry has been decimated. This particularly hits the mid-level support people who used to handle support for Dell, IBM, Apple, HP, etc. Now they are without jobs but the H1B's have full employment!

Radical left Mother Jones reports;

{
Of course, the big tech companies claim H-1B workers are their last resort, and that they can't find qualified Americans to fill jobs. Pressing to raise the visa cap last year, Microsoft pointed to 6,000 job openings at the company.

Yet if tech workers are in such short supply, why are so many of them unemployed or underpaid? According to the Economic Policy Institute (EPI), tech employment rates still haven't rebounded to pre-recession levels. And from 2001 to 2011, the mean hourly wage for computer programmers didn't even increase enough to beat inflation.

The ease of hiring H-1B workers certainly hasn't helped. More than 80 percent of H-1B visa holders are approved to be hired at wages below those paid to American-born workers for comparable positions, according to EPI. Experts who track labor conditions in the technology sector say that older, more expensive workers are particularly vulnerable to being undercut by their foreign counterparts. "You can be an exact match and never even get a phone call because you are too expensive," says Norman Matloff, a computer science professor at the University of California-Davis. "The minute that they see you've got 10 or 15 years of experience, they don't want you."}

How H-1B Visas Are Screwing Tech Workers

Last edited:

Douche, he is already doing what he promised.
No because this is different
I'm afraid to disagree with you, you might call the police on me again.
I actually did call the police that day. I told them what you wrote and they said it was illegal but they said I'd need to go down and report it to the FBI branch. I was late for work so I never got around to it but if I would have, you'd be sitting in a metal cage right now trying to figure out how you're going to spend the next 25 years in there
You are a poor liar.

Oh the ignorance. It's just plain laughable!

Donald Trump gets approval for 64 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago | Post On Politics

Donald Trump’s Companies Tried to Import at Least 1,100 Foreign Workers

if the visa system wasn't abused there never would have been a problem. Lots of Americans were forced to train the people who would replace them for less money. In those cases, the person laid off was qualified for the job.
Douche, he is already doing what he promised.
No because this is different
I'm afraid to disagree with you, you might call the police on me again.
I actually did call the police that day. I told them what you wrote and they said it was illegal but they said I'd need to go down and report it to the FBI branch. I was late for work so I never got around to it but if I would have, you'd be sitting in a metal cage right now trying to figure out how you're going to spend the next 25 years in there
You are a poor liar.
Nice try. I have the police report and it includes your real name and actual address. I would post it here as proof, but it's against the rules to post people's personal information

Well good then. We all know of of one more feckless butt hurt pussy lib.

That's the end of the U.S.'s tech dominance then
Bullshit; I've worked with hundreds of these Indian monkeys and they suck.
In fact, your statement is a reflection of Indian Nationalism because 99% of BVs hired by Tech Companies are Indians.
And it's all about cheap labor and Institutional Trading.
I wager that someone who calls people Indian monkeys isn't contributing much to our science and tech industries.
I wager that most Indians produce shitty code.
Ever notice why you have to update your Apps several times a week due to "Bug Fixes".
The monkeys can't get it right the first 1,000 times.

A friend's wife supervises coders in INdia. She is a liberal, and toes the company line, but still has bitched about the Indians.

Donald Trump gets approval for 64 foreign workers at Mar-a-Lago | Post On Politics

Maids; not Hi-Tech skilled workers.
And Trump didn't testify before Congress claiming Americans are stupid.

Do you or anyone else know of American tech workers that can't find a job? I know that I'm constantly getting job interview offers - it gets annoying.

I doubt that the tech industry will be affected by this at all. This would only be meaningful if there were a whole lot of American tech workers that couldn't find a job.

I guess that if this did cut off foreign workers, it would result in American tech workers getting much higher salaries - and American businesses would be screwed.
My income hasn't increased in 15 years because corporations can always hire some H1-B coolie from India to do the work for half the price.

Nice attempt a deflection. Oh wait, no it wasn't. A H-1B visa is a H-1B visa.
I imagine in your easily manipulated mind, that all of Trump's branded clothing made in Mexico, Africa and China, isn't being made offshore and wouldn't be subject to Trump's offshore penalty? Right?
Exactly, is the color of the sky in your alternative universe?

I imagine in your easily manipulated mind, that all of Trump's branded clothing made in Mexico, Africa and China, isn't being made offshore and wouldn't be subject to Trump's offshore penalty? Right?
Trump will be subject to the same legislation as everyone else.

Leftist have now become the most devout supporters of big corporations' right to unlimited free labor.

Quite the shift, what happened to the "for the working people" rhetoric? Ah, but international corporations should come first, of course.

Maybe, maybe not; we have conflicts of interest to consider.

Leftist have now become the most devout supporters of big corporations' right to unlimited free labor.

Quite the shift, what happened to the "for the working people" rhetoric? Ah, but international corporations should come first, of course.
It only seems that way to the attention surplus challenged right wing. The left is advocating for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, and some on the left are advocating for unemployment compensation at fourteen dollars an hour, simply for being unemployed.

My income hasn't increased in 15 years because corporations can always hire some H1-B coolie from India to do the work for half the price.

Your salary hasn't gone up most probably because corporations put the kabash on salary increases back when Reagan was President.

Your salary hasn't gone up most probably because corporations put the kabash on salary increases back when Reagan was President.

Why would corporations ever raise salaries if they had that kind of power? They were only able to do it because of a steady supply of cheap foreign labor.

Reagan hasn't been president for almost 30 years... Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.

Forum List

Back