Zone1 Leftists object to (possible) selection of James Bond actor because….

Depends on the discussion. What Hamas did is what Hamas did. No decent person would support or excuse it. But that doesn’t mean Israel has carte blanche to do as it wishes to Gaza and its civilian population free of criticism.
Israel has not gone Full Dresden or Rape of Nan King yet so why make it seem so

Israel has not gon Full Dresden or Rape of Nan King yet so why make it seem so
In my opinion, it is close to crossing a line if it has not already done so.

And full Dresden? Not so sure it isn’t close to that given the devastation. It strikes me as retribution.

When the conflict is over, we will see.

In my opinion, it is close to crossing a line if it has not already done so.

And full Dresden? Not so sure it isn’t close to that given the devastation. It strikes me as retribution.

When the conflict is over, we will see.
Yep when Israel annexes 20% of Gaza as a buffer zone and oversees / Controls the other 80% for 10 years minimum we will be able to Judge how successful their campaign against Hamas was

No. Talk about your relentless USING of an atrocity to promote your point of view or dismiss discussions you don’t like. Using an atrocity like that doesn’t look good. We all know what Hamas did, but that doesn’t give you a free pass.
Bye.

Yep when Israel annexes 20% of Gaza as a buffer zone and oversees / Controls the other 80% for 10 years minimum we will be able to Judge how successful their campaign against Hamas was
It was a mistake for Israel to vacate GAZA. Now they’ll come back in and control it so Oct 7th does not recur - as HAMAS has threatened to do until all Jews are dead. The majority of Palestinians support that goal, and there’s no way Israel can allow the GAZANs to just live there without supervision.

Too bad no Arab country wants them, but I can see why.

Israel has not gone Full Dresden or Rape of Nan King yet so why make it seem so
When I point out the barbaric, subhuman torture HAMAS perpetuated on innocent Jews as a way of showing how Israel does not engage in such savagery, she mocks it as ”oh here we go with the citation of HAMAS atrocities again.”

It’s the silencing and censoring that libs do. They don’t want it pointed out how Israel does not descend to barbarism the way it was done to them, because they want the Jewish country to look like the bad one. It’s the same reason the libs tore down posters of hostages.

If it doesn’t support their narrative that Israel is responsible, then they try to silence it.

It shows that body count isn’t the measure.

When Jews start shoving Palestinian babies into ovens and/or cutting their little heads off…..or tying toddlers to their parents and setting them all on fire to burn to death….or raping a woman while another slices off her breasts and laughs as he tosses them around….let me know.

There’s no moral equivalence. All HAMAS has to do is surrender and return the hostages, if any have survived 5 months of abuse, and it will be over.

All the Zionist Squatters have to do is pack up their stuff and go back to Europe where they came from.

Yes, what Hamas did was horrific. So is bombing a school full of children. So is running over a peace protestor with a bulldozer. Or a whole range of other things the Zionist occupriers have done to the indigenous people there.

It was a mistake for Israel to vacate GAZA. Now they’ll come back in and control it so Oct 7th does not recur - as HAMAS has threatened to do until all Jews are dead. The majority of Palestinians support that goal, and there’s no way Israel can allow the GAZANs to just live there without supervision.

Too bad no Arab country wants them, but I can see why.

Actually, there are millions of Palestinians already living in Arab countries.

In fact, if they were allowed to return, they would outnumber the Zionist Squatters by quite a lot.

All the Zionist Squatters have to do is pack up their stuff and go back to Europe where they came from.

Yes, what Hamas did was horrific. So is bombing a school full of children. So is running over a peace protestor with a bulldozer. Or a whole range of other things the Zionist occupriers have done to the indigenous people there.
So the 37th Generation Jews of Jerusalem can stay

So the 37th Generation Jews of Jerusalem can stay
Ever notice how libs aren’t accusing Ukraine of genocide? And calling “Death to Ukrainians”? After all, they were attacked by Russia - although obviously not in a savage way designed to torture, like the Muslim terrorists did - and they are defending themselves against the threat.

And in the process, they have killed thousands upon thousands of civilians. Why aren’t Americans screaming for Ukraine to stop the genocide?

Or, let’s flip it. Why aren’t Americans marching and shrieking for Russia to stop the genocide?

Why is only Israel being smeared with this lie?

But what about…but what about…You are conflating multiple events into one thing that have nothing to do with hate crimes against specific groups. Well done.

You’re the one who brought up body counts, not me. So if you want to talk body counts, let’s talk body counts.

Black men kill black men on an almost genocidal scale yet the entire country goes apeshit over a handful of black men killed by cops, claiming racism. I’m betting you said nothing about body counts then. Tell me I’m wrong.
From my perspective, I would be more concerned with ideologies that spawned actual violence against me as opposed to college campus rhetoric or intimidation.

And the Jews on campus who feel threatened? What about that?

If the harassment of Jews is so bad that many are afraid to appear Jewish in any way, how long before the violence starts?

Body count or no body count, what’s happening now with Jews in this country is precisely where violence against a group usually begins. Just ask all the Trump supporters that were assaulted from 2015 to 2020.
That isn’t to say it should be ignored, but any equivalency is lost once you start engaging in violent actions against people.

Did someone equate protests and harassment to violence?

I believe you’re the one conflating; I think you’re seeing an attempt at equivalence that is not there.
The OP seems constantly (in multiple threads) give a pass to her own political side.

Even if that’s true, it’s no more than what the other political side is doing or has done already.

You’re the one who brought up body counts, not me. So if you want to talk body counts, let’s talk body counts.

Black men kill black men on an almost genocidal scale yet the entire country goes apeshit over a handful of black men killed by cops, claiming racism. I’m betting you said nothing about body counts then. Tell me I’m wrong.

And the Jews on campus who feel threatened? What about that?

If the harassment of Jews is so bad that many are afraid to appear Jewish in any way, how long before the violence starts?

Body count or no body count, what’s happening now with Jews in this country is precisely where violence against a group usually begins. Just ask all the Trump supporters that were assaulted from 2015 to 2020.

Did someone equate protests and harassment to violence?

I believe you’re the one conflating; I think you’re seeing an attempt at equivalence that is not there.

Even if that’s true, it’s no more than what the other political side is doing or has done already.
It sure is interesting that the anti-Israel leftists keep insisting that the hostility toward Israel has nothing to do with antisemitism, but somehow….a thread on yet another example of the awful Jew-hate in this country (the antisemites saying they will boycott James Bond movies if a Jew is the star) immediately devolves into leftists smearing Israel with the genocide lie.

IOW, if accusing Israel of genocide has nothing to do with antisemitism, why do antisemites “.explain” the hate for Jews in terms of the Israel genocide smear?

The sad truth is that it’s now become trendy to hate Jews.

It sure is interesting that the anti-Israel leftists keep insisting that the hostility toward Israel has nothing to do with antisemitism, but somehow….a thread on yet another example of the awful Jew-hate in this country (the antisemites saying they will boycott James Bond movies if a Jew is the star) immediately devolves into leftists smearing Israel with the genocide lie.

IOW, if accusing Israel of genocide has nothing to do with antisemitism, why do antisemites “.explain” the hate for Jews in terms of the Israel genocide smear?
Exactly.

Forum List

Back