Lefty Politico: Trump Is Winning

Maybe Trump isn’t all that loathed. After all, he’s ahead of where Obama was at the same point in his term, and nobody in the press was calling Obama “loathed.”

And his tax cuts are sure a lot more popular with voters than Obama's signature healthcare law.

Trump Is Winning

Should we make the libtardos cry?

From the Boston Herald:

Now, more Americans are starting to discover that they are winners. Millions are starting to receive their Trump tax cuts as employers lower their tax withholdings, leaving more money in their paychecks. And the bill will become more popular as more people learn the good news. Even now, only one-third of Americans think they will see an income tax cut. Many voters are going to be pleasantly surprised. And that does not take into account the bonuses and raises that many Americans are receiving from their employers because of the corporate tax cuts — or the wage increases they will get from the economic growth that tax reform unleashes in the months and years ahead.

When House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., dismissed these tax saving as “crumbs,” she came off as an elitist. A couple of thousand dollars a year may be crumbs to a San Francisco multimillionaire, but to most hard-working Americans that is real money. Indeed, Pelosi is getting slammed by her fellow Democrats for her out-of-touch response. Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II, D-Mo., warned that “language is important” and “we cannot be seen as patricians,” while Joseph Crowley, D-N.Y., a member of the House Democratic leadership, said, “I think for people making $40,000 a year, any increase in their take-home is significant for them.”

Democrats are in a bind because they voted against that increase in take-home pay. The growing public support for tax reform is especially a problem for the five vulnerable Senate Democrats running for reelection in states that Trump won by double digits. All of them will have a hard time explaining why they sided with the “resistance” and opposed giving their constituents a tax cut.

Thiessen: Tax cut ‘surprises’ key to GOP 2018 wins
There go Republicans again giving more free shit away and buying votes. And they can't afford to be so generous. In fact they are giving us money and just putting it on the debt.

"The hypocrisy is astounding": Tax bill shows the GOP’s debt concerns were pure fraud

There is a long-running, almost metaphysical, argument about the GOP’s deficit hawkery. One school of thought holds that it has always been pure cynicism. Republicans passed the Bush tax cuts without offsets and paid for neither Medicare Part D nor the Iraq War. When they began decrying the deficit and debt during President Obama’s administration, under this theory, it was nothing but opportunistic political attacks, and it was obvious they would be abandoned as soon as Republicans regained power.

The response many Republicans gave was that the party had lost its way under George W. Bush, but it had recognized its mistakes and rediscovered its fiscally conservative soul. The Tea Party and its relentless campaign of primary challenges was proof the Republican Party had changed, and would stay changed.

The House and Senate passage of the GOP tax bills shows the cynics had it right.

In the Obama years, Republicans feared a debt crisis
From 1993 to 2016, Charlie Sykes was a right-wing talk show host on WTMJ in Milwaukee. That made him a conservative eminence in Wisconsin, the home state of Rep. Paul Ryan and Sen. Ron Johnson. Sykes interviewed them dozens of times, emceed events at which they appeared, introduced them before screaming crowds. And in speech after speech, interview after interview, they delivered the same message: Debt was the country’s most pressing problem.

Math and economics challenged libtardos can't understand a 1.5% increase in GDP will offset any deficit from tax cuts.
and all increases in prices will eliminate those lol very generous tax cuts drumph gave out

2 years ago you guys said Debt was the country’s most pressing problem.

It's not anymore?

They pretend that they ever said it...lol
weren't they supposed to be the fiscally correct conservative party??lol

I think that party is gone.. The corrupt GOP are making as much money as they can while they babysit.

New name to call this party.. the money grabbing who gives a shit party ..

Remember they blamed Obama for the gap between the rich and poor widening but their tax plan grows the gap even wider.

The party is so excited that they won so they excuse everything, even if it goes against their own political talk points.. They won't be able to use that argument for awhile..

And now the fn madman says he'd would have entered the school EVEN if he didn't have a weapon And I bet his idiot followers believe that The man with the bad heel lol lol lol If he's such a bad ass why spend money on secret service protection?

You can always tell when a topic is not going in the direction the left wants. They show up in droves slinging insults and retorts having much of little to do with the topic at hand. Lol

You can always tell when a topic is not going in the direction the left wants. They show up in droves slinging insults and retorts having much of little to do with the topic at hand. Lol

Well it's a horse shit topic started by a right wing retard. How should it be going?

Is it going well for Trump? I say no you say yes. It's going exactly as we would have expected.

Here is the original thought: Maybe Trump isn’t all that loathed. YES HE IS. After all, he’s ahead of where Obama was at the same point in his term NO HE'S NOT, and nobody in the press was calling Obama “loathed.” BECAUSE HE WASN'T.

And his tax cuts are sure a lot more popular with voters than Obama's signature healthcare law.

Depends on what voters you are talking about. The millions who got affordable healthcare vs. the thousands who really benefitted from Trump's tax breaks to the rich? The one he threw on the debt? The one that's going to cause inflation? That tax break?

Sorry America is not great again. Keep trying.

They pretend that they ever said it...lol

I think that party is gone.. The corrupt GOP are making as much money as they can while they babysit.

Remember they blamed Obama for the gap between the rich and poor widening but their tax plan grows the gap even wider.

The party is so excited that they won so they excuse everything, even if it goes against their own political talk points.. They won't be able to use that argument for awhile..

I live in Michigan. I watched the GOP on a national level talk about never raising taxes. Then Rick Snyder GOP Governor of my state raises our taxes to pay for roads. And what bothers me most is Michigan Republicans didn't blink an eye. They defended the move. They said, "how else are we going to come up with the money?"

Well I'll tell you how. You shouldn't have given the rich and corporations all those tax breaks. That's why we are broke. So when you gave them breaks and then raised our taxes, you essentially shifted the tax burden more onto the middle class.

But middle class and poor Republicans who worship the rich can't get that through their thick skulls.

I have seen several of these posts of yours saying the same thing. Tax cuts cause deficits.
Not overspending? Never overspending. You have been trained to think underconfiscation causes deficits. But it doesn’t. Always and forever, 100% of the time, overspending causes deficits.

I live in Michigan. I watched the GOP on a national level talk about never raising taxes. Then Rick Snyder GOP Governor of my state raises our taxes to pay for roads. And what bothers me most is Michigan Republicans didn't blink an eye. They defended the move. They said, "how else are we going to come up with the money?"

Well I'll tell you how. You shouldn't have given the rich and corporations all those tax breaks. That's why we are broke. So when you gave them breaks and then raised our taxes, you essentially shifted the tax burden more onto the middle class.

But middle class and poor Republicans who worship the rich can't get that through their thick skulls.

I have seen several of these posts of yours saying the same thing. Tax cuts cause deficits.
Not overspending? Never overspending. You have been trained to think underconfiscation causes deficits. But it doesn’t. Always and forever, 100% of the time, overspending causes deficits.
Whatever. Fix it.

But you said we had to do the Iraq war. Clearly we had to rid the world of Saddam. So sure you can say the problem is we spent money but that's bullshit because we had to. We couldn't allow Saddam to have WMD's right? So we had no choice but to spend the money and go to war. No choice. So in this case you didn't tax enough. That's why we had to put it on the debt.

Unless of course you are admitting we should have never invaded Iraq. Then I would agree with you but I'm going to assume as a die hard right winger you are still convinced that invading Iraq was the only right thing we could do given the information we had, however flawed or cherry picked that info was.

So is the debt still a problem or was that just how you felt in 2016?

I take it you're fine with gutting the military then.

Forum List

Back