Legalize Grass?

When you are in a recreational state the prices are competitive I get texts from my favorite vegas dispensary offering me 2 for one deal and sales on ounces etc. In Utah, even with a medical card, the State is out of their freaking minds. They want $60.00 for 3.5 grams Robbery!

So what is considered a good price on an OUNCE (or the 1/4 pound). I've never bought weed by the "gram." I used to get killer red Colombian and Acapulco gold (with some seeds of course) for $45 an ounce. Amazing quality. All anyone needs. Then things started getting crazy with the advent of what they used to call "Hawaiian" or something (Gainsville Gold?) that looked prettier and was totally seedless, but not really any or much better tasting or high that sold for $200 an ounce. It was obviously being grown in the USA and someone was getting very rich.

Now I understand they have all these cute names and strains that look bizarre with pretty colors. All one needs is good, natural, basic weed---- just so long as it has Delta-9 THC.

When you are in a recreational state the prices are competitive I get texts from my favorite vegas dispensary offering me 2 for one deal and sales on ounces etc. In Utah, even with a medical card, the State is out of their freaking minds. They want $60.00 for 3.5 grams Robbery!

So what is considered a good price on an OUNCE (or the 1/4 pound). I've never bought weed by the "gram." I used to get killer red Colombian and Acapulco gold (with some seeds of course) for $45 an ounce. Amazing quality. All anyone needs. Then things started getting crazy with the advent of what they used to call "Hawaiian" or something (Gainsville Gold?) that looked prettier and was totally seedless, but not really any or much better tasting or high that sold for $200 an ounce. It was obviously being grown in the USA and someone was getting very rich.

Now I understand they have all these cute names and strains that look bizarre with pretty colors. All one needs is good, natural, basic weed---- just so long as it has Delta-9 THC.

with states taxes the price is insane but sometimes grand junction offers deal and you can score an ounce for $100-$120 but in other places $180 depends on the state and the tax. Some charge 21 percent tax on top of the price.

with states taxes the price is insane but sometimes grand junction offers deal and you can score an ounce for $100-$120 but in other places $180 depends on the state and the tax. Some charge 21 percent tax on top of the price.

With prices like that, it really leaves a nice opening for folks interesting in growing/importing/selling it outside of the state system.

With prices like that, it really leaves a nice opening for folks interesting in growing/importing/selling it outside of the state system.
my Vegas dispensary sends me daily deals texts and it makes me sad that I'm in Utah. LOL

That's not bad. I'll buy an ounce then grow my own from the seeds. I've noted three well-regarded places in the GJ region, now all I need to do is go way out to Colorado about 2000 miles from me. :sad:

That's not bad. I'll buy an ounce then grow my own from the seeds. I've noted three well-regarded places in the GJ region, now all I need to do is go way out to Colorado about 2000 miles from me. :sad:

Colorado still has better deals than Vegas.

my Vegas dispensary sends me daily deals texts and it makes me sad that I'm in Utah. LOL

I find it hard to believe that there are no independent grass pushers in the tremendous state of Utah.

I find it hard to believe that there are no independent grass pushers in the tremendous state of Utah.

They are more into shrooms and micro-dosing acid and too young for me to go to I'm not a kid. Plus my boss and co-worker friend quit inviting me out with them to party because of my drinking never-ending,

Pot heads can get a freaking plant and grow it in their apartment or a tiny garden and smoke the crap until their brains run out of their ears. Why do they want to sell it to our kids?

They are talking this shit here in Pennsylvania.

I think its a good idea, but it has to be done right.

IMHO, no "Grass Commissions", no special taxes, licenses or regulatory boards, no special "dispensaries".

Allow the weed to be sold in Walmart, Family Dollar, Giant Eagle, Sheetz and Target, as well any mom and pops that want to push the herbs. It would be subject to state sales tax, but nothing outside what someone buying a case of Coke or Pabst.

Eliminate the political plums and patronage out of the Grass Industry, don't let the politicians have a taste.

Lace that shit with some Chinese Fentanyl......and you're gonna get so f**king high..
What I don't understand is why the govt has to be involved in the regulation of the production, acquisition or use of Marijuana at all. A lot of people grow tomatoes , corn, and other vegetable matter with no govt involvement. The Gov is like the Mob " They don't care who gets hurt as long as they get to wet their beak" If it was truly legal the black market would disappear and smugglers from Mexico would be out of business

IMHO, no "Grass Commissions", no special taxes, licenses or regulatory boards, no special "dispensaries".

Allow the weed to be sold in Walmart, Family Dollar, Giant Eagle, Sheetz and Target, as well any mom and pops that want to push the herbs. It would be subject to state sales tax, but nothing outside what someone buying a case of Coke or Pabst.

Eliminate the political plums and patronage out of the Grass Industry, don't let the politicians have a taste.

Why would you give even more money to the big box stores? The Waltons don't need any more damn money. We should break up those monopolies, not given them exclusive rights to anything.

Dispensaries pay rent, hire staff, create jobs. I love my dispensary. Pot loving heads who know their products. If they're sold out of what I was looking for, they're good at making suggestions.

Lace that shit with some Chinese Fentanyl......and you're gonna get so f**king high..
What I don't understand is why the govt has to be involved in the regulation of the production, acquisition or use of Marijuana at all. A lot of people grow tomatoes , corn, and other vegetable matter with no govt involvement. The Gov is like the Mob " They don't care who gets hurt as long as they get to wet their beak" If it was truly legal the black market would disappear and smugglers from Mexico would be out of business

I live in a small town. The town's FaceBook page this fall was full of "I know who you are and I saw what you did" posts for the young local asshats out stealing "special plants". With pot being legal and all, many irate residents called the cops and handed over their surveillance videos. Arrests were made. The little shits are hopefully, on their way back to jail.

I have no issues with the government getting involved at all. The Pink Kush I used to pay $80 a quarter from from my dealer, is $40 at the dispensary, plus $5.20 tax. I'm still further ahead. The product is grown to safe standards, locally, with known safe fertilizers and pesticides.

Stupid idea, pushed by stupid, selfish potheads who don't give a second thought to the lives, families, and communities destroyed by that trash.

Stupid idea, pushed by stupid, selfish potheads who don't give a second thought to the lives, families, and communities destroyed by that trash.

I know of no one whose life was destroyed by pot. I know a lot of people whose lives have been helped by the medicinal benefits of the herb, myself included.

I know of no one whose life was destroyed by pot. I know a lot of people whose lives have been helped by the medicinal benefits of the herb, myself included.

I have seen too many bright energetic kids with great futures and unlimited potential, turn in just a few months into unmotivated slugs barely able to keep their blood shot eyes open, and devoid of any ambition or concern for their own welfare, let alone for the outcome of their future. Old hippies and assorted other adult scumbags who just want to indulge their own feel good moment don’t pause to think about what this shit does to children, children, children. Read that carefully, I said children. Their families their communities all of it gets destroyed by this shit and I have seen it far too many times. All this crap about medicinal uses when there are other medicines that perform the same task, or distractions about banning alcohol instead, miss the entire point that careless and irresponsible pieces of shit are all too willing to avoid just so they can sit there and have their little smoky smoky and get a little buzz on for a second. Nothing else matters in the world or for the sake of the entire country except that they can sit and have a little fucking smoke for their little two fucking minutes and their little fucking pointless lives while others lives are ruined by it.

Last edited:

I have seen too many bright energetic kids with great futures and unlimited potential, turn in just a few months into unmotivated slugs barely able to keep their blood shot eyes open, and devoid of any ambition or concern for their own welfare, let alone for the outcome of their future. Old hippies and assorted other adult scumbags who just want to indulge their own feel good moment don’t pause to think about what this shit does to children, children, children. Read that carefully, I said children. Their families their communities all of it gets destroyed by this shit and I have seen it far too many times. All this crap about medicinal uses when there are other medicines that perform the same task, or distractions about banning alcohol instead, miss the entire point that careless and irresponsible pieces of shit are all too willing to avoid just so they can sit there and have their little smoky smoky and get a little buzz on for a second. Nothing else matters in the world or for the sake of the entire country except that they can sit and have a little fucking smoke for their little two fucking minutes and their little fucking pointless lives while others lives are ruined by it.
You should blaze a fatty and relax nobody is trying to force you to do anything you don't want too. Or your Kids if you have any that lived. Nobody is demonizing pot anymore how can they when alcohol has destroyed many more lives than pot ever will. Alcohol is the driving factor behind many of Americas family and social violence. Pot is the Driving force behind Little Debbie sales

Forum List

Back