Lessons From The Failed War On Drugs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
by War News Updates Editor

734340_505989202777877_1747000442_n.jpg

Our Right To Poison: Lessons From The Failed War On Drugs -- Jochen-Martin Gutsch and Juan Moreno, Spiegel Online

The global war on drugs has cost billions and taken countless lives -- but achieved little. The scant results finally have politicians and experts joining calls for legalization. Following the journey of cocaine from a farm in Colombia to a user in Berlin sheds light on why.

I can't add any comments to this other than to express my agreement.

Read More @ Global Support Grows for Legalizing Drugs - SPIEGEL ONLINE

You'd think that any 'lessons' learned would've been drawn from the Prohibition Era before an utterly futile war against drugs was waged.

Prohibition Era: People still drank, except they forfeited their safety in favour of intoxication with an inferior and occasionally fatal product.

Ban on self-loading handguns in Britain: Gun crime rose overnight with no way of keeping track on the tide of illegal arms sent to meet the criminal demand, which continues to rise to this day.

War on drugs: People will ignore the law in order to obtain the means to intoxicate themselves and others. Just like what happened during the Prohibition Era.

Need I go on?

Forum List

Back