Let us destroy the desert, for solar

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Yes, lets destroy, we can manufacture 24/7, for the next 100 years, in chemical plants across the world, to cover the entire southwest of America, with solar panels. Never mind the average temperatures will now fry birds and insects instantly, never mind we will need billions of gallons of water to clean them, and never mind the beauty we will destroy.

mojave.jpg

Yes, lets destroy, we can manufacture 24/7, for the next 100 years, in chemical plants across the world, to cover the entire southwest of America, with solar panels. Never mind the average temperatures will now fry birds and insects instantly, never mind we will need billions of gallons of water to clean them, and never mind the beauty we will destroy.

View attachment 538426
Whose wacked out plan is that?

If you never seen one or had one crawl up your arm, you should go exploring. Tarantulas are too cool. Goodbye, dear, great, spider.
tarantula.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, endangered, I have seen a few. Found one on it's back, I rolled it over.
Goodbye turtles, we are going to cover your home with deadly solar panels.
turtle.jpg

Last edited:
Goodbye Chuckwalla, the 1st time I saw this was on a Desert Eagle? While in the USMC, deep in the mojave desert, on 29 palms. A young pfc manning the radios on the cliff came down in fear of the giant monster he saw. He was legit, very afraid. He described it as 3 feet long but it was barely a foot long. It took me a hour to catch it.

Solar is coming for your home. One must walk the desert in spring, it is so beautiful, goodbye gentle friend.
mojave-desert-chuckwalla-b-christopher.jpg

I found one of these once, pretty cool, but just once in my life. A newt.
Goodbye newts, green energy is coming to kill you

triturus-cristatus-caucasian-newt-a-picture-taken-in-the-mountainous-tropical-part-of-abkhazia...jpg

Last edited:
If you have never seen one, you may never see one, if Solar has it's way
Goodbye rattle snakes, I seen a few, not as many as I wished to see, though.
rattler.jpg

View attachment 538426
My, my, Mrs. Elektra, you remain one of the dumbest asses on this board. The max that we would need if we put all the solar in one place, would be a square 100 miles on the side. However, if we cover one percent of the agricultural land with solar, we save water, increase crop yield, and give the farmer a source of year round income. And no need for a single huge installation.

Widespread solar panel usage is a bad idea for the planet.

any solar radiation converted into electricity is solar radiation which does not heat the surface of the earth.

not a smart thing to do in the middle of an ice age.

My, my, Mrs. Elektra, you remain one of the dumbest asses on this board. The max that we would need if we put all the solar in one place, would be a square 100 miles on the side. However, if we cover one percent of the agricultural land with solar, we save water, increase crop yield, and give the farmer a source of year round income. And no need for a single huge installation.
Me, the dumbest, come on Old Crock, you are being modest. Just look at your response to me. what is a square 100 miles? Dont you mean to state it as every other educated American states it? As, 100 square miles?

Old Crock so quick to try to outwit, calling people dumb, while unable to form intelligible sentences.

Widespread solar panel usage is a bad idea for the planet.

any solar radiation converted into electricity is solar radiation which does not heat the surface of the earth.

not a smart thing to do in the middle of an ice age.
How can they believe preventing the sun from reaching thee earth is good.

Democrats know nothing about science

Forum List

Back