Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic.

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic. We could add 20 tw of battery storage too. This way we would never have to depend on fossil fuels again.

438639257_886325943296100_3779213058923721312_n.jpg

Lets cover 1.2% of the Sahara desert with solar panels and we could balance it out with a huge offshore wind farm over the Pacific and Atlantic. We could add 20 tw of battery storage too. This way we would never have to depend on fossil fuels again.

View attachment 935944
One sandstorm and those panels are worthless.

View attachment 935944

Cool. Let's put the world's source of power in a disputed area controlled by the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, so that Algeria and Morocco can go to war over it, and the winner gets to ransom the rest of the world by withholding their electricity.

Western Sahara - Wikipedia

You really haven't thought this out completely, have you?

View attachment 935944
It is one big lie. As soon as the dust covers those panels the energy output is degraded, and the more dust that gets on it, even more degradation happens. I know, because out in Californication near Fresno they have Solar Farms, which most of the time is caked with 3 inches of dust. Then around February, when the rain comes, the panels are clean for one month, then get all caked up again.

You can tell someone is buying stocks in the Green New Deal, because they are so giddy in wanting these boondoggles placed all over the world.

Cool. Let's put the world's source of power in a disputed area controlled by the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, so that Algeria and Morocco can go to war over it, and the winner gets to ransom the rest of the world by withholding their electricity.

Western Sahara - Wikipedia

You really haven't thought this out completely, have you?
Bidenet.png<------Is why they are spontaneous and never think things through.

A great idea, we could line the sahara with electric car charging stations, drive there, and charge our cars.

And of course people say that won't work but I am with you Jessica-stormblower, cause we could then invent a battery the size of a grain of sand that powers our house and lives forever.

Solar panels, are manufactured by the Petroleum Chemical Heavy Industries.

Solar panels, last only 10 years when operating at full capacity (your homes solar never get used at full capacity).

Solar panels do not operate at night.

Solar panels will need water, to be washed. Pumping water will consume 100% of the electricity produced by the Solar panels.

Another reason why that is a terrible idea. Had you done it 10 years ago you would have interfered with a re-greeing equal to the combinded size of Germany and France. in other words , the very thing you are trying to do ultimately (the Green Revolution) you would have hurt seriouisly

700,000 Square Kilometers Of Added Green Vegetation, Climate Change Shrinks Sahara Desert By Whopping 8%!

By P Gosselin on 16. January 2019

Almost daily the CO2 Science site brings reports on the impact of climate change on the living world. Hat-tip: Die kalte Sonne here
Recently, CO2 Science brought up a paper in Nature Communications.

Using satellite images, Venter et al. 2018 found an eight percent increase in woody vegetation in sub-Saharan Africa over the last three decades, underscoring the global “greening trend”.

Because the Sahara is so much larger than the deserts in the USA the liars can say 1%. If they used our deserts, the percentage would of been 100% of the desert covered.
And it would be in their back yard instead of far away and out of sight

But we are speculating

I’d rather hear what Jessica-stormlover has to say

Another reason why that is a terrible idea. Had you done it 10 years ago you would have interfered with a re-greeing equal to the combinded size of Germany and France. in other words , the very thing you are trying to do ultimately (the Green Revolution) you would have hurt seriouisly

700,000 Square Kilometers Of Added Green Vegetation, Climate Change Shrinks Sahara Desert By Whopping 8%!

By P Gosselin on 16. January 2019

Almost daily the CO2 Science site brings reports on the impact of climate change on the living world. Hat-tip: Die kalte Sonne here
Recently, CO2 Science brought up a paper in Nature Communications.

Using satellite images, Venter et al. 2018 found an eight percent increase in woody vegetation in sub-Saharan Africa over the last three decades, underscoring the global “greening trend”.

They are not trying to re-green. The propaganda is such, but the reality is they destroy the earth by the square miles, from the rain forest to the fragile desert environments.

Democrats destroy nature.

"Line losses" mean you can't transmit the power very far economically

Total connected load = (25×3) + (63×3) + (100×1) =
Peak load = 264 / 1.732 x 11 x 12 =
Diversity factor (DF) = 364 /228 =
Load factor (LF) = 490335 / 1.732 x 11 x 12 x 0.8 × 8760 =
Loss load factor (LLF) = (0.8 x 0.3060 x 0.3060) + (0.2 x 0.306) =

They are not trying to re-green. The propaganda is such, but the reality is they destroy the earth by the square miles, from the rain forest to the fragile desert environments.

Democrats destroy nature.
True, but I was showing that the idea is proferred by someone who doesn't know what is going on in the Sahara

True, but I was showing that the idea is proferred by someone who doesn't know what is going on in the Sahara
I realized that, I could have made a separate comment, but my thought was inspired by your comments.

I love the desert, each one is unique and the ones I been to are very diverse. It really is ignorant for anyone to suggest damaging the environment with solar panels. Especially considering how many we need and how often they would be replaced.

Oil companies love solar panels, it is a very large market for their products.

Forum List

Back