Let's get rid of teachers.

[

Agreed: Highschool Curriculum has become irrelevant to the core issues it was originally intended to address: Training workers for Industrial/Assembly employment.

Sports and liberal arts crap should not be taught in schools. STEM only.

[

Agreed: Highschool Curriculum has become irrelevant to the core issues it was originally intended to address: Training workers for Industrial/Assembly employment.

We can debate what is, and what is not crap taught in High School all you want; but the fact is that unless you offer an alternative the curriculum content is irrelevalnt. 14-18 year olds will be entertained with basketballs and finger paint as easily as with computers while they are being warehoused and legally unemployable.

We can debate what is, and what is not crap taught in High School all you want; but the fact is that unless you offer an alternative the curriculum content is irrelevalnt. .

I just gave the alternative. It appears you are so dumb you don't know what STEM stands for.

We can debate what is, and what is not crap taught in High School all you want; but the fact is that unless you offer an alternative the curriculum content is irrelevalnt. .

I just gave the alternative. It appears you are so dumb you don't know what STEM stands for.

"dumb":lol:

First you propose to eliminate teachers of anyone 14-18, then you ignore the question about how this demographic would be employed, then you launch into some little soapbox about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.

***unsubscribe***

"Anyone who sends their kids to public schools to be educated is guilty of child neglect."

Well then I guess I should go to prison as I sent all my kids to public school. They got a first class education and are also college grads. They played sports and all the other things that the school offered. Too bad you don't have decent schools but we do. In fact, the private school is really struggling to get kids because they cannot match what the public school offers. Mind you we're not located in a big city with a big percentage of kids who are socio economically challenged either. As far as getting rid of teachers, I've always said the same thing about CEOs.

I can see having them for young kids but in HS and college we should just give the student the textbooks and tell him when to show up for the tests. Why have a human repeat what's in the book?

Everything i learned in HS and college was thru self-study.

You end up with teachers who play the game of telling students things in class that are not in the book and putting it on the tests.

The classroom paradigm is obsolete and could have been modified decades ago but the people running our educational institutions do not want to change it. Plus a significant function of those institutions is psychological conditioning, not education.

We could have had a National Recommended Reading List decades ago.

psik

First you propose to eliminate teachers of anyone 14-18, then you ignore the question about how this demographic would be employed,

HAHAHA. So now we can't fire anyone unless we have another job lined up for them??

[

The classroom paradigm is obsolete and could have been modified decades ago but the people running our educational institutions do not want to change it.

That's for sure. The teachers unions won't even let the schools fire child molesters. Our educational system cares nothing about education. It's all about cushy jobs for useless teachers.

Just saying "get rid of teachers" is undoubtedly a gross oversimplification.

Different students will have different degrees of dependency on teachers straight out of grade school. Some students might be very independent but it could still be useful for them to be able to ask specific questions. Maybe teachers should have lounges instead of classrooms and post the times on the school websites when they will be discussing which subjects. The students could then show up when they need to.

As long as the student maintains a B in the subject he doesn't have to show up at the regimented classes. That would probably have made me get B's in History instead of straight C's. I just sat in class and listened closely to the teacher and never read the book. LOL

psik

Last edited:
"That's for sure. The teachers unions won't even let the schools fire child molesters. Our educational system cares nothing about education. It's all about cushy jobs for useless teachers."

If you are that critical of a teacher it simply proves the fact that you could never handle that so called "cushy job.".

Different students will have different degrees of dependency on teachers straight out of grade school.

Why don't you say what you mean.? Blacks need a physcial teacher and whites-asians don't. Even the few blacks that can read, cannot learn from their reading - they need somene telling them things. Teachers are mainly for blacks and white taxpayers pay for it.

Sort of like saying "I liked science fiction books when I was a stupid kid failing my classes in school" on every fucking thread in the Education Forum is a gross oversimplification.

Sort of like saying "I liked science fiction books when I was a stupid kid failing my classes in school" on every fucking thread in the Education Forum is a gross oversimplification.

ROFL

Where did I say I failed any class in school?

Lying is such an effective form of argumentation.

It just happens to be the case that this story was smarter than most of the teachers I got.

Omnilingual (1957) by H. Beam Piper
Scientific Language: H. Beam Piper?s ?Omnilingual? | Tor.com
Omnilingual - Henry Beam Piper | Feedbooks
http://librivox.org/omnilingual-by-h-beam-piper/

I suppose that is why we really don't have a National Recommended Reading List. How many educators don't doubt that a truly good list would be better than most of them? Isaac Asimov had an IQ of 160. What percentage of teachers score over 125?

But so many people come here and bitch and moan about education but never suggest any specific source of information. We are not going to change the schools any time soon but kids are constantly going through the system. So why not provide the kids with educational sources so they can bypass the dummies running the schools no matter how idiotic Common Core is?

psik

Last edited:
The record is still broken, I see.

But not broken on a silent track with nothing to say. :lol:

psik

Repeating the same irrelevant nonsense endlessly is the same as having nothing to say. Take some time, save up some money, and see if you can buy a single thought on anything else - ever - than "Dur, I liked science fiction, dur, I was a shitty student but I liked science fiction, dur."

:rolleyes:

Repeating the same irrelevant nonsense endlessly is the same as having nothing to say. Take some time, save up some money, and see if you can buy a single thought on anything else - ever - than "Dur, I liked science fiction, dur, I was a shitty student but I liked science fiction, dur."

:rolleyes:

So provide a link to where I claimed to have been a shitty student. How would you know if I didn't tell you?

I said I got straight D's in religion. Straight A's in math.

After decades my opinion of religion has only gone down.

But now lots of SF is free:

Science Fiction (Bookshelf) - Gutenberg

And tablet computers can run simulations that mainframes could not do when I was in school. Kids just need to know the right books.

EveryCircuit by Igor Vytyaz
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.everycircuit&hl=en

Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics (2006) by Stan Gibilisco
teach yourself electricity and electronics

Care to provide a link to a post where you provided any information about anything? You should have said a lot in 32,000 posts. I haven't even done 1,000 and yet you complain. Yeah, the stuff available today should make the teachers a lot better if they are still needed. Where have you told anyone about any of it?

psik

Last edited:

Forum List

Back