Let's get rid of teachers.

Anyone who sends their kids to public schools to be educated is guilty of child neglect.

Most normal folk don't have 50k per year to send their children to private school. Other normal folk don't have the time to home school as they're working their ass off for the one percent.
True, and an excellent case for vouchers.
Vouchers subtract money from public education and funnel it to people who have the wealth to consider private school.

That's a great way to benefit those with money.

And I guess we can just discard the kids who were stupid enough to get poor parents, right?

Last edited:
I can see having them for young kids but in HS and college we should just give the student the textbooks and tell him when to show up for the tests. Why have a human repeat what's in the book?

Everything i learned in HS and college was thru self-study.

One of the best professors I had came out on the first day of class and said that the students were responsible for teaching themselves and he was only there to point them in the right direction. His policy was to assign the readings, at the next class go over the material we had questions on or to clarify something in the first half of the lecture period and the second half was devoted to something he thought was important that the text never addressed. The students were responsible for everything on test time, the texts, other reading, the side information lectures.

I learned far more than I did in other classes where the professor would assign readings and then tell us what we just read.

Let's get rid of teachers

523989_142100432635755_1184660278_n.jpg

Last edited:
You seem to misunderstand the idea of vouchers.
You didn't say who you are referring to.

Vouchers are rarely proposed to be a full ride. They invariably depend on a significant investment from the parent - an investment that parents can make when they are wealthy.

Beyond that, vouchers remove resources that would otherwise be used for all kids in public schools.

It's not good enough to subsidize parents who are interested in education to take their kids somewhere else.

I agree that online lessons is an efficient way to learn. However, the classroom still allows one the opportunity to ask questions when unclear on the subject matter.

Yeah - having someone answer your questions is nice but does it make financial sense.? Teachers are expensive.
Does having a literate population make financial sense?

The vast majority of high schools students should be in a classroom because they don't have the discipline for self study. In adolescence, the hormones are raging. Teenagers have few goals other than acceptance by their peers and getting the attention of the opposite sex. Without a classroom and teachers in high school, the graduation rate would a drop like rock.

The vast majority of high schools students should be in a classroom because they don't have the discipline for self study. In adolescence, the hormones are raging.

Were grammar schools designed to produce the discipline for self study?

Were they designed to make learning interesting much less fun? Are they designed to indoctrinate kids to put up with being bored out of their skulls by memorizing crap.

I was reading about fusion in stars instead of memorizing how to spell words that we never used. I thought that was so peculiar. The sci-fi books had words about science that my teachers never mentioned.

It is because of the crappy grade school that I don't think eliminating teachers can work, not because I don't think the concept could not work. But we would end up with a different culture full of people that would not take crap from authoritarian idiots.

Can't make accounting mandatory in the schools then have economic problems after 60 years but still pretend planned obsolescence ain't happening constantly.

Made to Break reveals the roots of our throwaway culture | Grist

psik

Oh wow, you read sci-fi books? That's so interesting! Why haven't you mentioned it before?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

[

The vast majority of high schools students should be in a classroom because they don't have the discipline for self study. In adolescence, the hormones are raging. Teenagers have few goals other than acceptance by their peers and getting the attention of the opposite sex. Without a classroom and teachers in high school, the graduation rate would a drop like rock.

You don't know that. Lots of HS kids have the discipline. What you really mean is blacks don't, and you're prolly right. That's just tough for them. I'm sick of all this extra money we spend on black kids. That's racism.

[

You don't know that. Lots of HS kids have the discipline. What you really mean is blacks don't, and you're prolly right. That's just tough for them. I'm sick of all this extra money we spend on black kids. That's racism.

All American kids, regardless of race, have less than stellar graduation rates and many in all races are not ready for college.

But, you race-fascist, think that it is the teachers than the parents are the problem.

Republicans shouldn't send their kids to any school except Bible School. That will prepare them quite adequately for future competition in the job market.

Especially in science and technology.

You know you've become truely irrelevant when the only one responding to your stupidity is yourself.

That's because in this particular instance, right wingers are agreeing with me.

[

All American kids, regardless of race, have less than stellar graduation rates and many in all races are not ready for college.

Hey stupid. Everyone agrees there are dumb white kids. But percentage-wise dumb black kids are much much more common. THINK

[

I do know that. I spent two years teaching in high school. Yes, there are some kids that would succeed without teachers but most would not. Kids are a lot smarter today than in my day but they are just as emotionally immature. They're not adults and you can't expect them to act like adults. A proposal to abolish teaching is ridiculous.

[
I do know that. I spent two years teaching in high school. Yes, there are some kids that would succeed without teachers but most would not. Kids are a lot smarter today than in my day but they are just as emotionally immature. They're not adults and you can't expect them to act like adults. A proposal to abolish teaching is ridiculous.

You just admitted you're a HS teacher yourself and you expect people to accept your statement that HS kids need teachers.??? HAHAHA

[

You just admitted you're a HS teacher yourself and you expect people to accept your statement that HS kids need teachers.??? HAHAHA

Whereas YOU never managed to graduate from high school and you expect anyone to take your rantings seriously?

With online textbooks, videos of lessons about most any acedemic topic, and tutorial programs, the old fashion classroom lecture is much less needed.
I agree that online lessons is an efficient way to learn. However, the classroom still allows one the opportunity to ask questions when unclear on the subject matter.

He who opens a school door, closes a prison. - Victor Hugo

Charter schools...:thup:

Forum List

Back