🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Explain to me why is it my place to pay for other people's food,clothing, housing. Just because you want to give them free stuff doesn't mean everyone fills the need to giveaway freely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I don't want to bankroll someone life for them.

Its time for people to take care of themselves.

Get a damned job. Get two jobs and pay you're own way.

The taxpayers are sick and tired of being forced to support these freeloaders.
Yeah! Those freeloading elderly folks gotta do for themselves! Same for the sick, the infirmed and the children living in poverty! Poor people have too much, while the rich DESERVE a break on their taxes! It's the Christian thing to do!
So....how much time and money do you donate to meals on wheels and the elderly?
My mother gets Meals on Wheels after her hip surgery in December. I've made a fifty dollar a week sustaining donation starting in January when her service began. As she recovers, she will be able to cease the Meals on Wheels service. At that time, I'll donate an additional 200.00 as a pay it forward gesture.
I did the same thing for my dad until he couldn't live on his own any longer. It's a great program.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

Totally false, but a totally predictable response.

No, the article was posted stating that for one, the cuts to these programs do not help meals on wheels and two, only about 3% of funding was in threat. That's not going to end any program and more than likely, not change it one bit.

Yet, the article clearly says that the feds will give block grants to the states instead of supporting these programs. Kansas, and Louisiana, for example, having been put on the verge of bankruptcy by the tea party, are going to end ANY fed money for these programs. Meanwhile:

“It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which they will not be significantly and negatively impacted if the president’s budget were enacted,” Meals on Wheels spokeswoman Jenny Bertolette told CNN on Thursday."

This is not PBS, Planned Parenthood, or Public Radio. This is a program that feeds hungry citizens, while Trump takes his weekly multimillion dollar vacations to his luxury resort, and feeds the military which already spends more that the next seven nations combined. This is not food stamps for drug addicts. This is for children who go to school hungry. This is beyond unconscionable. This is disgusting. And the budget chief who is justifying it because, "there is no proof that hungry children underachieve in school", and, "Meals on Wheels is not effective" is even more disgusting. How the hell hell do you demonstrate the Meals on Wheels is not effective in fighting hunger? The guy is claiming compassion for the impoverished Detroit taxpayer, and at the same time, raising their taxes:

"Under the current tax plan, a single parent pays a 10 percent federal tax rate, or $1,255 on a $34,000 annual income, after applying the exceptions available. Under Trump’s proposed plan, the rate would increase to 12 percent, and with the reduction of various exceptions, the same single parent would be paying $2,280."

Either he is an idiot, or he things that WE are idiots. I can only assume that he thinks that everybody swallows the crap coming out of the White House.
There is a lot of evidence that school lunch programs do a lot of good. However, you don't have to look at any studies just ask any teacher or parent who has tried to teach hunger children. Cutting this program will create a backlash far greater than Trump expects.

Here's a thought: how about parents packing lunches for their own children who are their responsibility?
I'm all for it but do you really think that irresponsible parents will change their way if only school lunch funding is cut?

It's about damn time some cutting is being done. 20 trillion dollars in debt? It's time to get it done

I agree. 20 Trillion is too much.

Let's make the rich pay their fair share and put and end to corporate welfare and expensive weapons systems we don't need.

If you take all the money "the rich" have it would pay for the bloated amount of spending that Obama did for about six months.

I know you Moon Bats never took a course in economics or know your ass from a hole in the ground about fiscal responsibility but don't you think that the best way to deal with massive deficits is not to tax more but to simply spend less? Did you ever think of that Moon Bat?

BBbbut the rich need to pay, be punished for their success and the left loons demand to be taken care of!!!!!! They have needs!!!!!!
You might have a different view of the 'high achieving' rich if you were actually out in the working world rather than spending all of your time here.

17352516_10212675647313240_5147074079585843277_n.jpg
Several HUNDRED MILLION were / have been spent by Soros, the Clintons, and others for Hillary to LOSE and for snowflakes to seditiously protest and oppose the newly elected govt.

They could have used that money instead to fund for YEARS NPR, Meals on Wheels, and everything else they love that Trump's budget cuts. Instead, they pissed their money away on a corrupt, incompetent, criminal LOSER!

:p

All, of which above rant, has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Trump spends your money like water on himself, instead of on the people of this country who are hungry.
Dude, Obama spent nearly $1 trillion on a FAILED 'jobs' spending program that was packed with over 7,000 pieces of DNC-ONLY BULLSHIT - his 'Stimulus' - and such waste has been going on for DECADES. So why are you only offended NOW?

Oh yeah....Hillary lost, and you have massive snowflake butt-hurt.

LOL! Grow up, lil' partisan snowflake!

This post is so full of holes that it isn't even worthy of a serious response.

Take a look at that chart I just posted, from your link. Tell me what the biggest elephant on that chart is.

Reducing Government spending has to happen. Folks don't like hearing that, but it does have to happen. The Gravy Train is about to derail. The shocking $20 Trillion Debt is only increasing. It isn't going away.

The reality is, the country will survive without the 'Meals on Wheels' program. I know that sounds harsh to some, but it is the truth. But there's gonna have to be many more major cuts. This one is actually very insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

You keep saying that, well the country will still survive if they do a big cut to Defense and International spending. Leave crap that helps OUR citizens alone.

Apparently he's a shill for the MIC. I posted the elephant in the room from his own link and all he can do is
:lalala:

The CIA/MIC run the show. Do you honestly believe that's gonna change? But even they may have to endure some cuts. They'll still run the show though. I don't see that changing.

Got that? For the elderly and veterans it's "cut 'em off and let 'em starve! We got debt!" But for the MIC --- hundreds of times bigger -- it's "yes sir you may have another billion" and he throws up his hands.

As I said --- a freaking shill.

I'm no 'shill.' I'm one of the very few real 'Anti-War' folks left in this country. But i acknowledge reality. We're a warring nation. It's all our People know. They expect endless war. The CIA/MIC are firmly in control of our nation. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

And i agree, our VA is an awful mess. I think it was Obama's biggest shame as President. I truly hope Trump does better. Our Government loves sending folks off to war, but it hates taking care of them when they come home. Another harsh reality.

Last edited:
If Trump would skip one weekend of golf, it would probably buy enough food to feed all the homeless in Kansas City for a year.

What can you do? Some people are irresponsible with money.

Obamacare Website Costs Exceed $2 Billion, Study Finds

Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report | The Huffington Post

Well, if you want to compare government expenses under Obama to Trump's weekend vacations, I know that you are being unbiased. Just three of his weekend golf trips have cost $10 million, and the government is spending half a million dollars a day just to protect Trump Tower. He has been in office 7 weeks, and has taken 7 weekend vacations, each one of which cost the government 6 times his annual salary.There is simply no precedent to this president's lavish lifestyle at taxpayer expense, while he cancels meals for the hungry children, elderly, and disabled..

Trump's 3 Trips to Mar-a-Lago Cost $10 Million and Your Taxes Are Paying For It

I'm not trying to compare anything. It's the constant "YOUR GUY DID THIS or YOUR GUY DID THAT! without looking in the mirror first. All Presidents spend a lot of money for security reasons. As for Trump tower, when school ends and her kid is out for the summer, the rest of Trump's family will move to the White House. He takes weekends off? SO DO I! So do a lot of people.

You don't hold trump to any kind of standard at all, do you? Here is what trump was saying about vacations just weeks ago:

Totally false, but a totally predictable response.

No, the article was posted stating that for one, the cuts to these programs do not help meals on wheels and two, only about 3% of funding was in threat. That's not going to end any program and more than likely, not change it one bit.

Yet, the article clearly says that the feds will give block grants to the states instead of supporting these programs. Kansas, and Louisiana, for example, having been put on the verge of bankruptcy by the tea party, are going to end ANY fed money for these programs. Meanwhile:

“It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which they will not be significantly and negatively impacted if the president’s budget were enacted,” Meals on Wheels spokeswoman Jenny Bertolette told CNN on Thursday."

This is not PBS, Planned Parenthood, or Public Radio. This is a program that feeds hungry citizens, while Trump takes his weekly multimillion dollar vacations to his luxury resort, and feeds the military which already spends more that the next seven nations combined. This is not food stamps for drug addicts. This is for children who go to school hungry. This is beyond unconscionable. This is disgusting. And the budget chief who is justifying it because, "there is no proof that hungry children underachieve in school", and, "Meals on Wheels is not effective" is even more disgusting. How the hell hell do you demonstrate the Meals on Wheels is not effective in fighting hunger? The guy is claiming compassion for the impoverished Detroit taxpayer, and at the same time, raising their taxes:

"Under the current tax plan, a single parent pays a 10 percent federal tax rate, or $1,255 on a $34,000 annual income, after applying the exceptions available. Under Trump’s proposed plan, the rate would increase to 12 percent, and with the reduction of various exceptions, the same single parent would be paying $2,280."

Either he is an idiot, or he things that WE are idiots. I can only assume that he thinks that everybody swallows the crap coming out of the White House.
There is a lot of evidence that school lunch programs do a lot of good. However, you don't have to look at any studies just ask any teacher or parent who has tried to teach hunger children. Cutting this program will create a backlash far greater than Trump expects.

Here's a thought: how about parents packing lunches for their own children who are their responsibility?
I'm all for it but do you really think that irresponsible parents will change their way if only school lunch funding is cut?

If the parents are irresponsible, then they have no business raising children.

If the parents are irresponsible, then they have no business raising children.
There's not a big adoption market for school-aged kids. How do you propose to address that?

If Trump would skip one weekend of golf, it would probably buy enough food to feed all the homeless in Kansas City for a year.

Well, if you want to compare government expenses under Obama to Trump's weekend vacations, I know that you are being unbiased. Just three of his weekend golf trips have cost $10 million, and the government is spending half a million dollars a day just to protect Trump Tower. He has been in office 7 weeks, and has taken 7 weekend vacations, each one of which cost the government 6 times his annual salary.There is simply no precedent to this president's lavish lifestyle at taxpayer expense, while he cancels meals for the hungry children, elderly, and disabled..

I'm not trying to compare anything. It's the constant "YOUR GUY DID THIS or YOUR GUY DID THAT! without looking in the mirror first. All Presidents spend a lot of money for security reasons. As for Trump tower, when school ends and her kid is out for the summer, the rest of Trump's family will move to the White House. He takes weekends off? SO DO I! So do a lot of people.

You don't hold trump to any kind of standard at all, do you? Here is what trump was saying about vacations just weeks ago:

I wonder where Trump learned that from???

So you are saying that Trump lies just like Obama? Is that supposed to defend his actions and hypocrisy?

Trump is now up to 10 days of golfing in 8 weeks. To my knowledge, Trump has not spent a single weekend in the White House. It is all one long vacation, at our expense..

So you are saying that Trump lies just like Obama? Is that supposed to defend his actions and hypocrisy?

Merely pointing out your guy did the exact same thing. Maybe you heard the saying........people in glass houses.............

Merely pointing out your guy did the exact same thing. Maybe you heard the saying........people in glass houses.............

Whether you like it or not Obama was OUR guy and Trump is now OUR guy. If Obama did something wrong it doesn't justify Trump doing it. Wrong is wrong, we should be striving for better not making excuses.

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

Same old lies from the same old fascists.

You fuckwads never change.

[

Are you calling liberals Fascists? Are you aware of what fascism means?

No, I'm pointing out the fact that you and your fellow democrats are fascists. There is nothing even remotely "liberal" about you.

Are you aware of what liberalism means?
I'm not a democrat nor do I support big bloated government control, beurocracy, nationalism, or authoritarian . You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Whether you like it or not Obama was OUR guy and Trump is now OUR guy. If Obama did something wrong it doesn't justify Trump doing it. Wrong is wrong, we should be striving for better not making excuses.

Slade, you are a pretty transparent poster. You like to constantly claim that you have no political side, but always defend the left at least 90% of the time while never defending the right. Then, when somebody puts you in the corner about how a left made mistakes or did the same thing as a right,it's back to "we are all for one and one for all!"

Forum List

Back