Lexapro is holding me together or my brain

Yeah, that's a SSRI (Selective Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor). Don't 'cold turkey' on this one. It increases serotonin in the brain by blocking it's re-uptake into neurons. This makes more serotonin available that improves transmission of messages between neurons. The effect is to decrease depression. It's kind of like Dopamine but works more like a regulator whereas Dopamine creates chemicals that enhance the reward system and mood. I currently take a different SSRI at a low dose. Cocaine, for instance, stimulates the creation of Dopamine.
I dont really have that much depression

ITS all OCD problems and Anxiety attacks

Yeah, that's a SSRI (Selective Serotonin Uptake Inhibitor). Don't 'cold turkey' on this one. It increases serotonin in the brain by blocking it's re-uptake into neurons. This makes more serotonin available that improves transmission of messages between neurons. The effect is to decrease depression. It's kind of like Dopamine but works more like a regulator whereas Dopamine creates chemicals that enhance the reward system and mood. I currently take a different SSRI at a low dose. Cocaine, for instance, stimulates the creation of Dopamine.
I am just off the Benzos after a 2 month ordeal that put me in the ER

I am just off the Benzos after a 2 month ordeal that put me in the ER
Yeah I read that drowsiness, confusion, sedation and overall weakness can result as side effects of Benzodiazepines. I could be wrong but, I think this is an older medication for depression that seems like a band-aid 'shot gun approach' for depression but not a real treatment. These SSRI's seem to me to be more focused on increasing neuron transmission which I don't know enough about but seems really interesting. More neural communication seems to thwart depression maybe? One wonders what the mechanism is.......More efficient communication causes more neurons to 'agree?' I'm obviously in way too deep here. Sorry.

Last edited:
30 years ago I did a course of anti-depressants, and it worked out fine.

I was taking Pamelor, 25 mg, for about a year. I think they gave me that drug because I knew a broad named Pamela back then.
Never heard of that one

Anxiety for me
Makes my heart race
My breathing is fast and shallow

Xanax helps
But it just puts me to sleep

512x512bb.jpg

I am now only on LExapro at 20 mg
This 20 mg is a good solid dose that is moderate to high moderate

hard to imagine that one tiny pill is holding my brain together

It helps manage my anxiety attacks and OCD
If it's an ssri flush it before you shoot up your orange Julius customers