Liberal Law Professor Johnathon Turley warns Congress Obama is destroying the Country

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
You know it's bad when he is saying this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZabKoPtgG3E#t=38[/ame]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZabKoPtgG3E#t=38
Two points!!! The fact he is a law professor does not mean that everything he says is correct. HE IS GIVING YOU AN OPINION. For every opinion like his I could probably find the exact opposite opinion from some other law professor. And second, where do you find these wacko "The sky is falling! The sky is falling," idiots?
Here is something to think about, when you post stupid shit it does not make you look very intelligent.

Two points!!! The fact he is a law professor does not mean that everything he says is correct. HE IS GIVING YOU AN OPINION. For every opinion like his I could probably find the exact opposite opinion from some other law professor. And second, where do you find these wacko "The sky is falling! The sky is falling," idiots?
Here is something to think about, when you post stupid shit it does not make you look very intelligent.

I must have really touched a nerve here.. You didn't even attempt to refute a single thing he said and instead ad hom me which is always a sign that a Liberal simply can not refute the post.

BTW, Johnathon Turley has been the "Go-To" Constitutional Professor for years. If you have never heard of him, you've been living under the big rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Turley

He is a frequent witness before the House and Senate on constitutional and statutory issues.[37][38] as well as tort reform legislation.[1]

Turley has testified in Congress against President Bush's warrantless domestic surveillance program and was lead counsel in a case challenging it. In regard to warrantless wiretaps he noted that, "Judge Anna Diggs Taylor chastised the government for a flagrant abuse of the Constitution and, in a direct message to the president, observed that there are no hereditary kings in America."[39]

When Congressional Democrats asked the justice department to investigate the CIA's destruction of terrorist interrogation tapes Turley said, "these are very serious allegations, that raise as many as six identifiable crimes ranging from contempt of Congress, to contempt of Justice, to perjury, to false statements."[40]

In October 2006, in an interview by Keith Olbermann of MSNBC, he expressed strong disapproval of the Military Commissions Act of 2006.[21]

When the U. S. Senate was about to vote on Michael Mukasey for U.S. attorney general, Turley said, "The attorney general nominee's evasive remarks on 'water-boarding' should disqualify him from the job."[19] On the treatment of terrorism suspect José Padilla Turley says, "The treatment of Padilla ranks as one of the most serious abuses after 9/11...This is a case that would have shocked the Framers. This is precisely what many of the drafters of the Constitution had in mind when they tried to create a system of checks and balances." Professor Turley considers the case of great import on the grounds that "Padilla's treatment by the military could happen to others."[17]

Turley, in his capacity as a constitutional scholar,[41] testified in favor of the Clinton impeachment.[32][42] He was extensively quoted by congressman James Rogan during the Impeachment of Bill Clinton[43]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In 2005, Turley was given the Columnist of the Year award for Single-Issue Advocacy for his columns on civil liberties by the Aspen Institute[1] and The Week Magazine.[44]

He was ranked among the nation's top 500 lawyers in 2008.[45] Turley was found to be the second most cited law professor in the country as well as being ranked as one of the top ten military lawyers.[1]

In 2008 his blog was ranked as the top law professor blog and legal theory blog by the American Bar Association Journal's survey of the top 100 blogs.[46][47]

Turley was ranked as 38th in the top 100 most cited “public intellectuals” in a recent study by Judge Richard Posner.[48]

Last edited:
Obama is doing his best, while Dems cheer, the destructing of the American way of life.

Molon Labe

Kind of shows that liberals think things out and give their honest opinion instead of following a party line like 'I hate him and nothing he does is good'.

Did you even watch the video? Turley is not a "sky is falling" wacko. His presentation is reasonable. The fact that the OP totally misrepresents Turley's message should not surprise you. If you decried Bush's assumption of imperial power, as I did, you should give the video an honest listen Your knee jerk reaction adds nothing to the debate any more than the OP's lie by ommision and exaggeration.

Obama is doing his best, while Dems cheer, the destructing of the American way of life.

Molon Labe

I'd sure like to know where you guy's get this doomsday scenario of "Obama destroys America." The only American thing he has destroyed is the notion you have to be white to be President.

Forum List

Back