Liberal media names current GOP congress best since WWII

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
As widely reported, the liberal media is spreading the word that the 112th congress, which ended in January had passed the fewest laws in 60 years. And the current Congress is even on a slower pace so far.

Outstanding!

Granted the 15 or so laws they've past this year are far too many. Ideally our bloated government should be measuring how many laws they have repealed rather than new laws they have passed.

But fewer new laws restricting our freedom and spending our money is at least the right direction.

Again, bravo!

As widely reported, the liberal media is spreading the word that the 112th congress, which ended in January had passed the fewest laws in 60 years. And the current Congress is even on a slower pace so far.

Outstanding!

Granted the 15 or so laws they've past this year are far too many. Ideally our bloated government should be measuring how many laws they have repealed rather than new laws they have passed.

But fewer new laws restricting our freedom and spending our money is at least the right direction.

Again, bravo!

Congress should take more vacations.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
How'd that work out for the last "do nothing" Congress? (The 112th have done even less)

But the last "do nothing" Congress had a storm headed its way, yet did nothing to stop it after being warned by GWB this "do nothing." Congress is doing what it supposed to be doing slow down Obama and let the economy recover.

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/10/20081009-10.html

April: Rep. Frank ignores the warnings, accusing the Administration of creating an "artificial issue." At a speech to the Mortgage Bankers Association conference, Rep. Frank said "people tend to pay their mortgages. I don't think we are in any remote danger here. This focus on receivership, I think, is intended to create fears that aren't there." ("Frank: GSE Failure A Phony Issue," American Banker, 4/21/04)

2007 August: President Bush emphatically calls on Congress to pass a reform package for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying "first things first when it comes to those two institutions. Congress needs to get them reformed, get them streamlined, get them focused, and then I will consider other options." (President George W. Bush, Press Conference, the White House, 8/9/07)

Last edited:
How'd that work out for the last "do nothing" Congress? (The 112th have done even less)

1) I don't care how it turned out for them because they are supposed to serve us, not the other way around. And since everything they do involves spending our money or passing more controlling regulation, the less they do the better.

2) Ignoring point 1, they were hated by liberals because liberals want to spend money and pass controlling regulation.

3) And ignoring point 2, you'd have hated them anyway because they weren't Democrats when they did it.

Wow, your point was completely and entirely pointless, wasn't it?

1) I don't care how it turned out for them because they are supposed to serve us, not the other way around. And since everything they do involves spending our money or passing more controlling regulation, the less they do the better.

2) Ignoring point 1, they were hated by liberals because liberals want to spend money and pass controlling regulation.

3) And ignoring point 2, you'd have hated them anyway because they weren't Democrats when they did it.

What an asshole you and Congress are. You know, the country has a serious need that serious people sit down and address and resolve the very real issues the country has.

Instead, we have a group of dicks, that thanks to district gerrymandering, have managed to get themselves elected by a larger group of dicks, and are now fuking up the entire system.

And you applaud this. Screw you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Outstanding!

Again, bravo!

They should take twice the amount the moonbat messiah takes.

They'd be on vacation their entire terms that way, plus probably for a few months afterwards.

What an asshole you and Congress are. You know, the country has a serious need that serious people sit down and address and resolve the very real issues the country has.

Instead, we have a group of dicks, that thanks to district gerrymandering, have managed to get themselves elected by a larger group of dicks, and are now fuking up the entire system.

And you applaud this. Screw you.

I admire your passion even if you actually believe the classic lie, "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help..."

Outstanding!

Again, bravo!

They should take twice the amount the moonbat messiah takes.

They'd be on vacation their entire terms that way, plus probably for a few months afterwards.

I'd like to pass a Constitutional Amendment that for the next 100 years, Congress needs to repeal two laws for every new law they pass and they need to cut $2 for every new $1 they spend.

Forum List

Back