Liberal Media- NBC's Brian Williams is NOW under fire

That's definitely reporting. But that's also ten years old. If they send him out occasionally to be onsite somewhere that's one thing. But his regular day job is to be The Face.

Again if that's now what he's hired for, they'd just stick anybody in there. For whatever reason, commercial TV news operations, both national and local, feel like they need to establish and sell a "brand". And it kind of makes sense-- everything around us is some kind of brand. We don't even vote for candidates; we vote for a brand.

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. You loons are trying to minimize Williams LIES by saying he's not really a reporter, or he hasn't done reporting for a long time.

He's the MANAGING EDITOR for NBC Nightly News. If you think that gives him an exemption from telling the truth, then you really need to get a grip.

"Managing editor" was covered earlier. Empty suit. I agree with Grape Juice -- "reporter" is honorific. He's hired to be a Face.

That said though, it's still moot since neither of these anecdotes were part of the news. They're personal anecdotes.

Thanks for the additional proof that your ideology is bankrupt.

Am I wrong about it? I have yet to see any story that says it came from the newscast.

He reported on the original incident in 2003. It's noteworthy that he later changed his story and NBC did nothing about it.

I don't know anything about that one; I'm here for Katrina. But I watched it and actually he says the other chopper took a hit -- not his.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here, because this doesn't fit.

Brian Williams, Anchor and Managing Editor, "NBC Nightly News":

Brian Williams is seen by more U.S. television viewers on a daily basis than any other individual. Since taking over as anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News in 2004, he has strengthened the broadcast's position as the most-watched newscast in all of television and has become the most highly decorated evening news anchor of the modern era. He has received eleven Edward R. Murrow Awards, twelve Emmy Awards, the duPont-Columbia University Award, the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism and the industry’s highest honor, the George Foster Peabody Award....

Brian Williams - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams - About Us NBC News

This sure looks like they think he's a News Guy, not a Commentator or Entertainer.

Nah. He's a Face. Whether he's a commentator or entertainer, like Hannity et al mentioned above, would depend on the content. But if he was just a "news guy" they wouldn't need a Face. They'd just plunk down whatever (real) news guy was available. There's a reason they package it as "NBC News With Brian Williams" (or whoever, plug in name). They're selling Illusion. If they were selling straight news they could put text up.
Shit, he's not even important at all.

A nobody.

Whole thing don't mean shit.

A nobody who is paid $10M per year to be MANAGING EDITOR and Anchor of NBC's flagship Nightly News.

Exactly -- assuming that's his salary, I guarantee you a stringer -- who's the schlub who actually goes out and gets the story -- doesn't get $10M a year. That's Face money.

Which is what I said his job is in the first place.

:uhh:

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. You loons are trying to minimize Williams LIES by saying he's not really a reporter, or he hasn't done reporting for a long time.

He's the MANAGING EDITOR for NBC Nightly News. If you think that gives him an exemption from telling the truth, then you really need to get a grip.

"Managing editor" was covered earlier. Empty suit. I agree with Grape Juice -- "reporter" is honorific. He's hired to be a Face.

That said though, it's still moot since neither of these anecdotes were part of the news. They're personal anecdotes.

Am I wrong about it? I have yet to see any story that says it came from the newscast.

He reported on the original incident in 2003. It's noteworthy that he later changed his story and NBC did nothing about it.

I don't know anything about that one; I'm here for Katrina. But I watched it and actually he says the other chopper took a hit -- not his.

Yes, on the news he said it was the other chopper - but then in 2007 he revised his "narrative" and started claiming his was shot.

Now then...
... what about that Advocate post?
impatient.gif

Yes, on the news he said it was the other chopper - but then in 2007 he revised his "narrative" and started claiming his was shot.

In a newscast? Four years later?
Who reports news four years on?

So there's an EXPIRATION DATE on the truth?

I didn't say anything about anything "floating by" --

Translation: "I am now channeling Brian.....put your hands on the table and close your eyes" (pogo sneaks a peak around to see if anybody is buying his phony psychic bit)...."Yes Brian, I understand"....pogo then decides to tell the table what the difference is between standing water and water with a current. "Yes Brian, I told them you said you saw a body floating by in 3 inches of water"....pogo sneaks another peak when he starts to hear snickering. "Brian says he saved several negroes and a litter of kittens outside the Ritz and feels he deserves the Medal of Freedom for it". Pogo then realizes he is sitting alone at the table....the others can be heard laughing out in the hallway.
/translation

Last edited:
Clearly your brain operates only at the lower brain stem level. Williams changed his version of his helicopter story over the years. If you think that nobody at NBC noticed, you're incredibly gullible.

Snipers call the spot where the brain stem meets the top of the spinal column the "apricot"....that's where you put the round; it shuts down any possible recoiling body movements.....I believe this might have happened to pogo.

So there's an EXPIRATION DATE on the truth?

Nope.
I said that as far as I knew neither of these stories was put out in a news report and asked you if I was wrong. You then linked me to a 2003 report -- which doesn't contain the story but reports accurately that the other chopper took a hit. (And one would think the existence of that report alone would have put the lie to the 2007 version, long before now)

But all you gave me was a "in 2007 he revised his narrative". No news report.

This is your way of telling me I was right then?
It's fine if it is. Nobody else seems to be able to bring themselves to say it either.

I didn't say anything about anything "floating by" --

Translation: "I am now channeling Brian.....put your hands on the table and close your eyes" (pogo sneaks a peak around to see if anybody is buying his phony psychic bit)...."Yes Brian, I understand"....pogo then decides to tell the table what the difference is between standing water and water with a current. "Yes Brian, I told them you said you saw a body floating by in 3 inches of water"....pogo sneaks another peak when he starts to hear snickering. "Brian says you he saved several negroes and a litter of kittens outside the Ritz and feels he deserves the Medal of Freedom for it". Pogo then realizes he is sitting alone at the table....the others can be heard laughing out in the hallway.
/translation

Feel free to link to where I refer to a "body floating by".
I wasn't there. I wouldn't know what floated by. Nor would you.

This is still sailing clear over your head isn't it...

Other than Hoss_Fly and maybe a few others, I'm probably the only one around who's seen an RPG fired (several times) and the resulting damage (only a few times). The discrepancy being that after 100m the projectile's accuracy starts degrading....at 200m it becomes an unguided projectile and may head in most any direction...and this is assuming the intended target is stationary. So the chances of an RPG hitting a bird in flight, even one as large as a Chinook, is highly unlikely...

The pic I saw of the damage on that particular Chinook looked more like a heavy caliber machine gun round than an RPG. There is also mention of a door-gunner on that Chinook which I never saw in my time because the Chinook is not an attack craft. If there was a door-gunner, he would probably have taken out any enemy cadre close enough to have fired an RPG in the first place.

I would have thought even you would have figured out by now that nobody is quoting you....it's what Lyin Brian claimed. And yeah, it's sailing over my head because it's light as air......most caught lies are.

EDGETHO SAID:

“I was the one that introduced the study of Logic Fallacies into this Message Board.”

Clearly you don't 'study' what you've 'introduced,' as you commit logical fallacies time and again.

I would have thought even you would have figured out by now that nobody is quoting you....it's what Lyin Brian claimed. And yeah, it's sailing over my head because it's light as air......most caught lies are.

Then you'd have to talk to him, not come whining to me. My reason for coming here is to expose the bullshit in the premise of the article that set this off. The source even caught itself and backtracked its own bullshit, but everybody seems to just go :lalala:

EDGETHO SAID:

“I was the one that introduced the study of Logic Fallacies into this Message Board.”

Clearly you don't 'study' what you've 'introduced,' as you commit logical fallacies time and again.

He's "studying" them by giving us examples. And I must say he's damn good at that.

:lalala:

Now that I have that out of my system. Who really cares?

So ... the guy with perfect hair and a personal makeup director embellishes and makes up stuff. Big deal. It isn't like any one expects News or anything from the show. Everyone knows that it is all pretend.

:lalala:

Now that I have that out of my system. Who really cares?

So ... the guy with perfect hair and a personal makeup director embellishes and makes up stuff. Big deal. It isn't like any one expects News or anything from the show. Everyone knows that it is all pretend.

Even if they like to pretend they don't know it's pretend.

Yes exactly, there's a good reason they call the presentation a "show".

Williams LIES
Did your snaggle tooth accidentally hit the S at the end of LIE?

And why are you characterizing it as a lie? A lie is an intentional falsehood. You know, like what you say about Obama all the time. Williams has not intentionally told a falsehood. He says he remembers it wrong. Why is that not good enough for you, partisan hack? <---That's why.

And, according to you, the next time you lie about Obama you have lost all credibility.

Forum List

Back