Liberal Prof.: Obama Has Brought Us To ‘Constitutional Tipping Point’

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
people better start contacting their Congress members or get used to the idea of not having ANY Representation OR any say, in YOUR GOVERNMENT

SNIP:
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
February 26, 2014 4:12 pm

During testimony before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday, liberal constitutional professor Jonathan Turley said that the growth of executive power is “accelerating” and that the growth of such power has brought us to a “constitutional tipping point”.

“I believe we are now at a constitutional tipping point in our system,” Turley, who teaches law at George Washington University, said. “It’s a dangerous point for our system to be in, and I believe that your response has to begin before this president leaves office. No one in our system goes it alone.”

Turley noted that while he agrees with the President on most of his policies, it still “does not alter the fact that I believe the means he is doing is wrong” and that the continued acceleration of executive power can be “a dangerous change in our system.”

Turley flatly rejected the Obama administration’s reason for using more executive powers, which the President claims is a gridlocked Congress. “It is simply untrue that we’re living in very different or unprecedented times. The framers lived in these times,” Turley pointed out, noting that back then Congress used the Alien and Sedition Act to arrest opponents and Thomas Jefferson referred to his opponents as the “reign of witches.”

“This is not a different political time, and it shouldn’t be used as an excuse for extra-constitutional action,” Turley warned.

Liberal Prof.: Obama Has Brought Us To ?Constitutional Tipping Point? | Washington Free Beacon

you know it's bad when a liberal professor says obama is trampling the Constitution. people always try to find an excuse or rationalization for their criminal behavior. Dems excel in this imho

Obama should be arrested and tried for treason. Furthermore, we can have a OWS type movement here in the US much like Ukraine did.

We are at that point

-Geaux

Obama should be arrested and tried for treason. Furthermore, we can have a OWS type movement here in the US much like Ukraine did.

We are at that point

-Geaux

Yep and a lot of the people in Congress

they all took an oath, to protect and defend US and our Constitution from this type of in your face tyranny

Obama-I have a pen and a phone

Pelosi-You have to pass the bill to see what's in it

Last edited:

We are at that point

-Geaux

We are not at that point, people who feel they have nothing left to lose rebel against the government, all that people like us do is complain on the internet, not one in ten of us would have the guts to go full on mass protests against the government. It's also important to note that when OWS protested the most heinous misuse of unaccountable power in the world the conservatives went pro-establishment in response. Revolutions are started and fought by the youth and conservatives hate young people even more than the government.

We are at that point

-Geaux

We are not at that point, people who feel they have nothing left to lose rebel against the government, all that people like us do is complain on the internet, not one in ten of us would have the guts to go full on mass protests against the government. It's also important to note that when OWS protested the most heinous misuse of unaccountable power in the world the conservatives went pro-establishment in response. Revolutions are started and fought by the youth and conservatives hate young people even more than the government.

YAWN; more lies and distrotions from the loony left. Many of the same people that were supposedly protesting the "heinous misuse...or power" are now bragging about the RECORD CORPORATE PROFITS on Wall Street under this Progressive president.\
doing drugs; relieveing yourself in a bucket and throwing feces at the police isnt really protesting much

We are at that point

-Geaux

YAWN; more lies and distrotions from the loony left. Many of the same people that were supposedly protesting the "heinous misuse...or power" are now bragging about the RECORD CORPORATE PROFITS on Wall Street under this Progressive president.\
doing drugs; relieveing yourself in a bucket and throwing feces at the police isnt really protesting much

You bought the picture of OWS you were sold by the banking industry sponsored corporate media, and that's why the right cannot be trusted to stand with the rest of us against any kind of oppressive power structure be it corporate or government, in the end you guys respect raw power far too much to carry any fight against them to a satisfactory conclusion. It is far more likely that you would be collaborators.

You bought the picture of OWS you were sold by the banking industry sponsored corporate media, and that's why the right cannot be trusted to stand with the rest of us against any kind of oppressive power structure be it corporate or government, in the end you guys respect raw power far too much to carry any fight against them to a satisfactory conclusion. It is far more likely that you would be collaborators.

"corporate media"

and in the next sentence they are wishing to take a sh*t in the mouth of sarah palin

what a boring idiot you are; full of left-wing talking points

SNIP:

How is the growth of executive power "accelerating" when the President has used fewer executive orders than any previous President?

I think someone is being a drama queen

well nothing is stopping from starting your own personal revolution leftard. be the Joan of Arc of progressive causes! get out there and revolt!!

SNIP:

How is the growth of executive power "accelerating" when the President has used fewer executive orders than any previous President?

because the ones he did do have been doozies you idiot

"corporate media"

and in the next sentence they are wishing to take a sh*t in the mouth of sarah palin

Oh well, just another cowardly keyboard commando runs off at the mouth. If the feds came to your door you would shit your pants and beg to cooperate with whatever they wanted from you.

"corporate media"

Oh well, just another cowardly keyboard commando runs off at the mouth. If the feds came to your door you would shit your pants and beg to cooperate with whatever they wanted from you.

Cowardly keyboard commando? you should look in a mirror

SNIP:

because the ones he did do have been doozies you idiot

Oh yea ....I get it

When HE does it, they are doozies

Next Question: If the growth of executive power is "accelerating". Why has Obama never used a VETO?

Here we have a President who has used his executive powers less than any President in recent history and the right whines about the destruction of the Constitution

Pathetic isn't it?

well nothing is stopping from starting your own personal revolution leftard. be the Joan of Arc of progressive causes! get out there and revolt!!

Damn. More encouragement for the goforit dude to put his fucking ass on the line instead of sitting at a computer on a message board preaching revolution all day long.

But if you can't get a J O B, you sure as hell can't be a leader in the revolution.

But goforit and temple of carmac will be the first to say how bad those ole mean protesters were for OWS. When the people of OWS were doing exactly what goforit says he wants to do. REVOLT. At least the OWS folks had the balls to act.

Pussies like temple and gofor just run their mouths. Or fingers.

We are at that point

-Geaux

You think we care about the OWS and what this thread IS ABOUT? this isn't about CONSERVATIVES
This is about ALL THE PEOPLE in this country....they need to open their eye's of what our government is becoming

Last edited:
"corporate media"

I have passed the test of holding on to my pride in the face of federal power, would you? I seriously doubt it. Only when there is nothing left to lose do people find their true courage, you have things to protect and they threaten you with losing them, would you risk all that to stand up for your principals?

Damn. More encouragement for the goforit dude to put his fucking ass on the line instead of sitting at a computer on a message board preaching revolution all day long.

But if you can't get a J O B, you sure as hell can't be a leader in the revolution.

But goforit and temple of carmac will be the first to say how bad those ole mean protesters were for OWS. When the people of OWS were doing exactly what goforit says he wants to do. REVOLT. At least the OWS folks had the balls to act.

Pussies like temple and gofor just run their mouths. Or fingers.

angry idiot; if you're referring to me i'm not advocating revolution; i'm simply calling for people whining here to take action instead of whining. when did i say or even imply we need a revolution?

you seem ignorant and unable to comprehend what you're reading. but if i'm mistaken and you're not referring to me; because you didnt mention me by name although you used my quote; then i apologize for the misunderstanding

I have passed the test of holding on to my pride in the face of federal power, would you? I seriously doubt it. Only when there is nothing left to lose do people find their true courage, you have things to protect and they threaten you with losing them, would you risk all that to stand up for your principals?

You are fitting for the OWS
a bully and we the people (the 99%) didn't appoint you or the OWS to speak for the rest of us
now go beat your chest somewhere else

Last edited:

Forum List

Back