Liberals: Are You Really Happy with your President?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
First of all, don't tell me that he is President of all Americans. The recent revelations about the IRS have put the last nail in that coffin. But the larger question remains: Is this the type of administration you would like future Presidents to model theirs after? Do you really believe in "win at all costs" even when it undermines your supposed core principles?

How in the world did we impose Chicago-style politics on the entire country? Should we move the Capitol back there just to complete the process? Good grief, are we bent on going from bad to worse? When and where will it end?

obama's legacy is going to be as America's Nero. If there is any hallmark of his administration it can be summed up on one word "excess". Massive lavish parties, vacations, junkets, "conferences" going first class all the way. Not only for him, but endemic throughout the regime. And, all taken within the context of ordinary Americans experiencing pain, at the grocery store, at the gas pump, at the sight of a dwindling paycheck. This kind of pain, made even worse by specific instructions from obama, that the pain should be maximized and blamed on republicans.

Do Americans dividing up those bologna sandwiches to the family see the 50 million dollars spend on IRS parties and make the connection between their need and the regime's want? I hope they do. Seriously, I hope they do.

First of all, don't tell me that he is President of all Americans. The recent revelations about the IRS have put the last nail in that coffin. But the larger question remains: Is this the type of administration you would like future Presidents to model theirs after? Do you really believe in "win at all costs" even when it undermines your supposed core principles?

How in the world did we impose Chicago-style politics on the entire country? Should we move the Capitol back there just to complete the process? Good grief, are we bent on going from bad to worse? When and where will it end?

I'm not sure I'd label myself a liberal, but I do tend to like President Obama's Foreign policy platform (with some exceptions of course).

The murky area for me comes with the domestic policies of the presidency, particularly in the area of the economic recovery. Simply put: while we may be recovering, it is slow, slow to the point of relative economic stagnancy. I thought the stimulus was a good idea, the bailouts were in part needed as well, and I appreciated some of the reform, even if the nature of politics lead said reform down a less than optimal path.

Overall, while I have mixed feelings, I don't think he is nearly as bad as think he is. Some people just seem to love to hate him.

I'm not sure I'd label myself a liberal, but I do tend to like President Obama's Foreign policy platform (with some exceptions of course).

The murky area for me comes with the domestic policies of the presidency, particularly in the area of the economic recovery. Simply put: while we may be recovering, it is slow, slow to the point of relative economic stagnancy. I thought the stimulus was a good idea, the bailouts were in part needed as well, and I appreciated some of the reform, even if the nature of politics lead said reform down a less than optimal path.

Overall, while I have mixed feelings, I don't think he is nearly as bad as think he is. Some people just seem to love to hate him.

I think that is called "damning with faint praise."

obama's legacy is going to be as America's Nero. If there is any hallmark of his administration it can be summed up on one word "excess". Massive lavish parties, vacations, junkets, "conferences" going first class all the way. Not only for him, but endemic throughout the regime. And, all taken within the context of ordinary Americans experiencing pain, at the grocery store, at the gas pump, at the sight of a dwindling paycheck. This kind of pain, made even worse by specific instructions from obama, that the pain should be maximized and blamed on republicans.

Do Americans dividing up those bologna sandwiches to the family see the 50 million dollars spend on IRS parties and make the connection between their need and the regime's want? I hope they do. Seriously, I hope they do.

Well, he ain't perfect - but he beats the hell out of McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan.

Maybe you wingnuts should start putting forth saner candidates? You quickly disposed of Jon Huntsman.

I wouldn't really expect any of them to openly admit it. No doubt many are privately disappointed in aspects of this administration. A lot of conservatives didn't become openly dissatisfied with Bush until the 2010 mid terms, so we'll see what happens in 2014. I think it's harder for the libs though to acknowledge any negative feelings, because so many carry long term grudges from the Clinton impeachment, to the "stolen election" in 2000...they feel entitled to being in power.

We? I could tell ( but hoped I was wrong ) he was going to be trouble, just by seeing who his friends and pastor were. And red flags really went up after listening to the First Lady, uttering how proud she was finally, of her country. ( paraphrased ) Of course back in those days, Obammy himself was spouting the good message of transparency and other promises and accusations and insinuations regarding the previous administration:

“This administration also puts forward a false choice between the liberties we cherish and the security we provide. I will provide our intelligence and law enforcement agencies with the tools they need to track and take out the terrorists without undermining the Constitution and our freedom. That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing but protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. It is not who we are. It is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists. The FISA Court works. The separation of powers works. Our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers and that justice is not arbitrary. This administration acts like violating civil liberties is the way to enhance our security. It is not. There are no short cuts to protecting America.”

Tough words these are. They were uttered by President Obama while he was still Senator Obama,
outraged at similar but less widespread monitoring than his administration was just exposed conducting. What prompted this change of heart on the necessity and constitutionality of the procedures found within the Patriot Act?

More:

Call Data Scares Scandal-Weary Americans « Commentary Magazine

Well, he ain't perfect - but he beats the hell out of McCain and Romney.

Maybe you wingnuts should start putting forth saner candidates? You quickly disposed of Jon Huntsman.

he ain't perfect?.....you sure as hell don't convey that with your threads and posts.....what policy of his have you ever questioned?....you have defended the guy even when the topic of the thread is about something that people should be asking questions about....but not you....

I wouldn't really expect any of them to openly admit it. No doubt many are privately disappointed in aspects of this administration. A lot of conservatives didn't become openly dissatisfied with Bush until the 2010 mid terms, so we'll see what happens in 2014. I think it's harder for the libs though to acknowledge any negative feelings, because so many carry long term grudges from the Clinton impeachment, to the "stolen election" in 2000...they feel entitled to being in power.

Anyone that believes perjury is not a crime is a liar. ANYONE that believes the 2000 election was stolen is delusional and ignorant.

What Administration laid the foundation for this?

he ain't perfect?.....you sure as hell don't convey that with your threads and posts.....what policy of his have you ever questioned?....you have defended the guy even when the topic of the thread is about something that people should be asking questions about....but not you....

I defend him because of all the radical wingnut personal attacks, conspiracy theories and witch hunts. Plus, wingnuts even attack his wife - the First Lady (sometimes their children). Hell, you wingnuts are still hopping down the birther trail.

Damn! Seems like you are protecting the little boy georgie here.
Talking about being a NERO. Here is georgie sitting on his stoop reading a book while the largest city he is the leader of, by edict of the supreme court, is attacked.

Anyone that believes perjury is not a crime is a liar. ANYONE that believes the 2000 election was stolen is delusional and ignorant.

How can they be?
If all the current scandals happened during the Bush Administration they would all be going berserk.
Now they are happening with their beloved Messiah at the helm, many realize that Obama is in over his head but they will say nothing since it is the Liberal's duty never to admit they or their candidates are wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

What Administration laid the foundation for this?

George Washington's?

ANother "BOOSH!" call. It's like Obama has done nothing in office except mindlessly execute Bush's policies. Anything good is from Obama's policies. ANything bad is the result of Bush's tenure--five years ago.

How can they be?
If all the current scandals happened during the Bush Administration they would all be going berserk.
Now they are happening with their beloved Messiah at the helm, many realize that Obama is in over his head but they will say nothing since it is the Liberal's duty never to admit they or their candidates are wrong.

And if they happened under the Bush admin you would be on here defending him just like liberals are. I swear politics has devolved into something akin to rival sports teams. Your side can do nothing wrong and you defend them with blind faith.

How can they be?

And if they happened under the Bush admin you would be on here defending him just like liberals are. I swear politics has devolved into something akin to rival sports teams. Your side can do nothing wrong and you defend them with blind faith.

Proof?
No. Plenty of conservatives opposed Bush's policies on the drug benefit, the steel tariff, extending TARP to the auto companies, etc.
There wasn't a peep of dissent from Dems on anything Obama did.

I defend him because of all the radical wingnut personal attacks, conspiracy theories and witch hunts. Plus, wingnuts even attack his wife - the First Lady (sometimes their children). Hell, you wingnuts are still hopping down the birther trail.

bullshit.....there have been plenty of threads here that have not been personal attacks and yet you still never question the guy.....you back the guy no matter what Lakota....

Hell, you wingnuts are still hopping down the birther trail.

if you think im a Wingnut then it should not be hard for you to prove that I....have ever said Obama was not born here.....you find something were i have ever backed that shit and i will banish myself from this forum forever....but i am not worried about that happening.....because you wont....

Forum List

Back