Liberals go on PC binge in Seattle

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Dear gawd how have we gotten to this place ?

Now liberals are afraid to use the word "citizen" for fear it may offend those that are here illegally.
I swear if I could round up all the liberals and ship them to Canada, I would in a heatbeat.

City officials urge ban on 'potentionally offensive' language

SEATTLE - An internal memo at Seattle City Hall is causing quite a stir. It suggests government workers no longer use the terms "citizen," or "brown bag."*According to the Office for Civil Rights, the terms are potentially offensive and other words should be used."Luckily, we've got options," Elliott Bronstein of the Office for Civil Rights wrote in the memo. "For 'citizens,' how about 'residents?'" Bronstein wrote.The Office of Civil Rights says Seattle serves all residents, whether they're United States citizens or not.And while city leaders publicize "brown bag" lunch meetings as a way to designate a bring-your-own lunch time event, the term has a sorted history.*"It used to be a way people could judge skin color," Bronstein said in a phone interview.*Does the public find it offensive? Most people agree it's not.But the City of Seattle isn't alone. State lawmakers have voted to remove gender specific words in official records.Freshman are now "first-years," journeymen are "journey-level," and penmanship is simply "handwriting."

More: City officials urge ban on 'potentionally offensive' language | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-- C.S. Lewis

GEeeesh. Ridiculous. And that reporter needs to take up spelling lessons again. It should read sordid - not sorted

Now liberals are afraid to use the word "citizen" for fear it may offend those that are here illegally.
I swear if I could round up all the liberals and ship them to Canada, I would in a heatbeat.

SEATTLE - An internal memo at Seattle City Hall is causing quite a stir. It suggests government workers no longer use the terms "citizen," or "brown bag."*According to the Office for Civil Rights, the terms are potentially offensive and other words should be used."Luckily, we've got options," Elliott Bronstein of the Office for Civil Rights wrote in the memo. "For 'citizens,' how about 'residents?'" Bronstein wrote.The Office of Civil Rights says Seattle serves all residents, whether they're United States citizens or not.And while city leaders publicize "brown bag" lunch meetings as a way to designate a bring-your-own lunch time event, the term has a sorted history.*"It used to be a way people could judge skin color," Bronstein said in a phone interview.*Does the public find it offensive? Most people agree it's not.But the City of Seattle isn't alone. State lawmakers have voted to remove gender specific words in official records.Freshman are now "first-years," journeymen are "journey-level," and penmanship is simply "handwriting."

More: City officials urge ban on 'potentionally offensive' language | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

When you start blackballing (i know, i know) phrases that are not even remotely related to any oppression or racism, but merely involve words that are USED in racist connotations, then you lose all sense of sanity.

Brown bag lunches refer to those brown bags that we used to carry lunches in, nothing more.

Most liberals in Seattle think this is stupid. ;)

Predictable. The PC Police will grab as much control over the language as they possibly can.

Watch every damn word you say. After all, this is America.

but they will still kowtow to their marxist masters in order to be 'politically correct'.....it's all part of the propaganda process....

but they will still kowtow to their marxist masters in order to be 'politically correct'.....it's all part of the propaganda process....

Say that again when it doesn't go through

Oh! Wait.... Are they only banned from official documents? Lol

link :link:

This reminds me of that Dallas County official back in 08 or something who took 'offense' when someone used the term "black hole" metaphorically to describe some bureaucratic issue or other. It gets pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Forum List

Back