Liberals suspend schoolkid for having paperclip - Could be bent into a weapon

I find it appalling how our public schools are treating such innocent activity. If I were a kid in school today, I would have been expelled in the first week. We always used to play cops and robbers on the playground using sticks that we found as pretend guns.

Yepp, sometimes kids just have to be kids.

On the other hand, lawsuits over the smallest of farts have kind of ruined this for teachers, who have to be ultimately careful. We don't know what kind of pre-history this one school system has already had with some kind of paperclip trauma.

That being said, I personally find it to be ridiculous. If we keep up at this pace, soon we will only be allowing round objects into schools...

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding lawsuits. It's the parents that are way too sensitive. The expect the school to limit ALL risk like it is even possible. If a kid trips and falls in school they get sued now. Again, going back to my childhood and using the mindset of today's parents, my school would have been sued nearly everyday.

Kids got hurt on the swings, see-saw, monkey bars, just running around and we occasionally punched each other. I broke a kid's nose in second grade because he was bullying me. No cops, no lawsuit no media blitz. We were made to apologize to each other and today we still friends, if even only on Facebook. Today, I would have been arrested, my parents sued, the school sued and I would have been expelled. All for defending myself.

Sad state of affairs we live in. Truly.

Just for the record, I said the main issue was lawsuits back in post #8. :eusa_angel:

"If a child is injured by another child with even a seemingly innocuous tool such as this, the parents can sue the school. The school has to be very careful to avoid such lawsuits, which, BTW, the taxpayer is the one who pays for it.

So, what may seem like silly behavior on the part of the school may very well be reasonable measures taken to prevent a lawsuit which taxpayers have to shell out for."

Last edited:
Why do some retards assume the teacher was a liberal? The teacher could have been a right wing douche bag for all the OP knows.
Conservative teachers are about as common as double yolk eggs. Yeah, they're out there but you don't find them very often. Besides, only a liberal would consider a paper clip a dangerous weapon.

people who have actually gone to school know that politics doesn't generally come into play.

if your brand of "Conservative" doesn't become a teacher, it's probably because your brand of conservatives are anti-intellectual and hate education.

if you could, you'd go back to the days of the scopes trial.

Liberals have declared war on everything that is the least bit dangerous - except for cars, the most dangerous instrument of all. !!!

Schoolkids are Now Being Suspended for Carrying Around These Tiny Deadly Weapons in Their Pockets

June 13, 2014

America has suspended kids for allegedly biting Pop-Tarts in the shape of firearms, shooting Hello Kitty bubble guns at the bus stop, and now, we’ve come to the point of no return: A young boy has been punished for bending paperclips.

Sean was brought to the office by a staff member who reported that Sean had a sharp object on him in his right pocket. When asked what he had in his pocket he reported he did not have anything. When asked to empty his pockets he refused. After several minutes Sean emptied his pockets. The contents of his pockets included a cell phone, pen cap, and paper clip. The paperclip was bent in a manner that could allow for use as a weapon.

Where does it state the school official's political affiliation?

Oops, you fail.

This is hilarious. The fact that the usual wacko liberals on this site are struggling like a maniac in a straight jacket to convince sane people that the school officials are not liberals is all the proof we need that they ARE. This is great entertainment. :popcorn::lmao::beer:

Just for the record, I said the main issue was lawsuits back in post #8. :eusa_angel:

"If a child is injured by another child with even a seemingly innocuous tool such as this, the parents can sue the school. The school has to be very careful to avoid such lawsuits, which, BTW, the taxpayer is the one who pays for it.

So, what may seem like silly behavior on the part of the school may very well be reasonable measures taken to prevent a lawsuit which taxpayers have to shell out for."

+50 awesome points for you. :)

The kid was being a little prick in school and got caught

conservatives turn it into their latest pity party

+50 awesome points for you. :)

where's my rep then? :mad:

Last edited:
[Just for the record, I said the main issue was lawsuits back in post #8. :eusa_angel:

This has nothing to do with lawsuits. If it did, the schools would ban pens and pencils too. This is all about teaching kids that the govt controls everything.

[Just for the record, I said the main issue was lawsuits back in post #8. :eusa_angel:

This has nothing to do with lawsuits. If it did, the schools would ban pens and pencils too. This is all about teaching kids that the govt controls everything.

because... well, because you said so

:rolleyes:

Why do some retards assume the teacher was a liberal? The teacher could have been a right wing douche bag for all the OP knows.
Conservative teachers are about as common as double yolk eggs. Yeah, they're out there but you don't find them very often. Besides, only a liberal would consider a paper clip a dangerous weapon.

people who have actually gone to school know that politics doesn't generally come into play.

if your brand of "Conservative" doesn't become a teacher, it's probably because your brand of conservatives are anti-intellectual and hate education.

if you could, you'd go back to the days of the scopes trial.

Oh bullshit. When I was in school I regularly had teachers trying to spin their liberal spew on me. Was sent to the PO several times over it.

:cuckoo:

yap.gif

Perfectly reasonable safety precaution :laugh:

You might be surprised at what is made into shivs in US "correctional facilities". Odd the kid didn't just say, "Nothing but my cell phone....etc." Maybe the brat was suspended for lying.

You might be surprised at what is made into shivs in US "correctional facilities". Odd the kid didn't just say, "Nothing but my cell phone....etc." Maybe the brat was suspended for lying.

He had used the paper clip to poke another student and a teacher saw him place the object in his right pocket.
He was asked what he had in his pocket and he lied about it. When he emptied his pocket, they saw the object that could poke somebody
case closed

He had used the paper clip to poke another student and a teacher saw him place the object in his right pocket.
He was asked what he had in his pocket and he lied about it. When he emptied his pocket, they saw the object that could poke somebody
case closed

Thank you, your honor! :D

Liberals have declared war on everything that is the least bit dangerous - except for cars, the most dangerous instrument of all. !!!

Schoolkids are Now Being Suspended for Carrying Around These Tiny Deadly Weapons in Their Pockets

June 13, 2014

America has suspended kids for allegedly biting Pop-Tarts in the shape of firearms, shooting Hello Kitty bubble guns at the bus stop, and now, we’ve come to the point of no return: A young boy has been punished for bending paperclips.

Sean was brought to the office by a staff member who reported that Sean had a sharp object on him in his right pocket. When asked what he had in his pocket he reported he did not have anything. When asked to empty his pockets he refused. After several minutes Sean emptied his pockets. The contents of his pockets included a cell phone, pen cap, and paper clip. The paperclip was bent in a manner that could allow for use as a weapon.
A blog.....lol

June 13, 2014

A blog.....lol

The story originated as a post on Reddit.

Not even a "blog".

Forum List

Back