Liberals suspend schoolkid for having paperclip - Could be bent into a weapon

I wish my school had banned paper clips when I was kid. I hated doing more than one page of homework.

How do you know the school admin is liberal? Or is everything you don't like in the world liberal? Because nothing in that article says that it was a liberal.

But as an aside, I hate these school suspension story. You only get one side of the story because legally a school can't comment so the media can sell it as that's exactly what happened and it creates animosity toward schools when legally they can't defend themselves and their decisions. It's insanity.
The only insanity at-work here is the school administration in-question.

How do you know the school admin is liberal? Or is everything you don't like in the world liberal? Because nothing in that article says that it was a liberal.

But as an aside, I hate these school suspension story. You only get one side of the story because legally a school can't comment so the media can sell it as that's exactly what happened and it creates animosity toward schools when legally they can't defend themselves and their decisions. It's insanity.

More than likely, if we use common sense and reason in looking at this story, there have been incidents in the school of kids poking each other with bent paper clips or other objects.

It's true, we only get one side of the story and it is blown out of proportion, and it assumes all public schools are administered by liberals and that their policies are all extremely foolish and bordering on a psychotic PC agenda.

My experience of schools and incidents like this is that there will be a lot of background to the problem: there has probably been an ongoing problem with kids using such materials to poke others ; and there is the potential for injury. If a child is injured by another child with even a seemingly innocuous tool such as this, the parents can sue the school. The school has to be very careful to avoid such lawsuits, which, BTW, the taxpayer is the one who pays for it.

So, what may seem like silly behavior on the part of the school may very well be reasonable measures taken to prevent a lawsuit which taxpayers have to shell out for.

In any case, we should know the whole picture before we make judgements.

All that being said: where do you draw the line? Plenty of seemingly innocuous things can be used to caused injury. :dunno:

So, are we all still umbraging against the dying of the light about a story that is much more about good school discipline than it is about a fucking paperclip?

Hmmmm....

Or, alternatively, that is is more about the lack of proper school discipline, and the lack of common sense and compassion, in the administration of such questionable discipline, than it is about the paperclip.

The teacher told the student to cease, the student continued on; thus the suspension, EARNED.

Forum List

Back