Liberals Turn on First Amendment (like this is news?)

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
First, for those who don't know:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You will see liberals right now, today, on this site, calling to prohibit the free exercise of religion, to abridge free speech. You will see liberals right now arguing that people should not assemble and that petitioning the government for a redress of grievances is *treasonous*.

"The First Amendment protects people who are being told to shut up. These days, those people are mostly conservatives."

"Have you noticed a clause in the First Amendment saying that it doesn’t apply to “the powerful?” No, I haven’t either. Of course, when liberals refer to “the powerful,” they don’t mean journalists, liberal philanthropists, labor unions, government officials and so on. They mean people who have money that the liberals would like to get their hands on."

Liberals Turn on the First Amendment Power Line

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You will see liberals right now, today, on this site, calling to prohibit the free exercise of religion, to abridge free speech. You will see liberals right now arguing that people should not assemble and that petitioning the government for a redress of grievances is *treasonous*.

"The First Amendment protects people who are being told to shut up. These days, those people are mostly conservatives."

"Have you noticed a clause in the First Amendment saying that it doesn’t apply to “the powerful?” No, I haven’t either. Of course, when liberals refer to “the powerful,” they don’t mean journalists, liberal philanthropists, labor unions, government officials and so on. They mean people who have money that the liberals would like to get their hands on."

The only things everyone sees are your ignorance and lies

Amendment I

I'm ashamed to say it's not just liberals, even here in mostly conservative Texas there are those who would squash free speech.

Supreme Court to hear battle over Confederate license plates - The Washington Post

"The case comes from Texas, where the Department of Motor Vehicles Board turned down a request for a specialized plate from the Sons of Confederate Veterans, whose insignia contains the Confederate battle flag. The Texas board members have authorized hundreds of special requests — a Texan can celebrate “Dr. Pepper” on his license plate — but rejected this one after receiving tens of thousands of comments about the design, most of them negative.

But a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit employed Souter’s test to decide the board was wrong. A reasonable observer would conclude that the driver of the vehicle, not Texas, was the speaker honoring the Civil War dead, the panel decided."

I can't believe Gregg Abbott appealed the 5th Circuit ruling.

Amendment I

Ah, CJ they DID pass a law about protest signs or protesters shouting within 1500 feet of a presidents speech.
That IS a restriction.

It is? Funny but they still get to shout their hatred and disagreement.
Seems you are confused.

Amendment I

Ah, CJ they DID pass a law about protest signs or protesters shouting within 1500 feet of a presidents speech.
That IS a restriction.

Forum List

Back