🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals value education:FALSE

I just read that California is going to pass a bill that basically says a student doesn't have to pass any standardized testing to get a high school diploma. It also says that they don't have to pass class to get one. I keep hearing that liberals love education but what type of education are you going to get if you don't have to pass anything? Just show up and breathe and you will get a diploma. What is the worth of these diplomas if every retard in the world can get one!
What do you bet they do not take attendance either...

Attendance does not matter to followers (acolytes, sycophants) of the world record holder of number of "PRESENT" votes in both the state and US Senate.

Standardized test scores I agree with. They are no measure of anything. Secondly, it depends where you live. Where I live the private schools are all religious schools and as a lifelong practicing christian I oppose religion being taught by someone other than me as that is indoctrination that so many right wing extremists like to babble about. Quality teachers teach in our public schools and the ones that can't get hired are scooped up by the private schools. I know more about my faith than ANY private religious school teacher knows and therefore I oppose their interpretation of the bible. I feel bad for the private students here...they struggle once they enter the public high school. Our high school has almost an80 percent post grad placement rate. Kids do very well and this is evidenced by how many get college degrees and I can't remember the last graduate that joined the military.

I believe in standardized tests because it proves where the student is academically and what progress he made in the time since the last test. I don't believe that all or most good teachers teach in the private schools. Teachers who feel teaching is like a "calling" will teach in the public schools, even urban schools to use their skills to help the disadvantaged.

However, going to private schools is a good alternative to those who are gifted above the norm and want an accelerated curriculum. As for the religion, bully for you that your teaching of the Bible is better than all of the religious schools existing. If it was that good, you would allow your child to attend a religious school, for you are there to interpret the religious curriculum "accurately" and set you child right.

Standardized test scores I agree with. They are no measure of anything. Secondly, it depends where you live. Where I live the private schools are all religious schools and as a lifelong practicing christian I oppose religion being taught by someone other than me as that is indoctrination that so many right wing extremists like to babble about. Quality teachers teach in our public schools and the ones that can't get hired are scooped up by the private schools. I know more about my faith than ANY private religious school teacher knows and therefore I oppose their interpretation of the bible. I feel bad for the private students here...they struggle once they enter the public high school. Our high school has almost an80 percent post grad placement rate. Kids do very well and this is evidenced by how many get college degrees and I can't remember the last graduate that joined the military.
Eighty percent placement in colleges or jobs? That's not very good for a private school.

I would not allow my child to be taught our christian religion by someone other than myself or my wife. That to me would be a form of indoctrination. I would have sent them to a private school but since our public schools here vastly are better and more rigorous than the private schools I had no choice. Had they attended the private schools I would have ensured that they be exempted from the religious classes.

I would not allow my child to be taught our christian religion by someone other than myself or my wife. That to me would be a form of indoctrination. I would have sent them to a private school but since our public schools here vastly are better and more rigorous than the private schools I had no choice. Had they attended the private schools I would have ensured that they be exempted from the religious classes.

LOL You whine about indoctrination while praising public education....me thinks you have an agenda

80 percent post grad education placement. No military, no just hang around. Signs of pretty good things.

" I would have sent them to a private school but since our public schools here vastly are better and more rigorous than the private schools I had no choice."

And how did you make that determination?

I'm praising public education WHERE I LIVE. It is so much better than anything our dingy private schools offer. Not even close.

I'm praising public education WHERE I LIVE. It is so much better than anything our dingy private schools offer. Not even close.

Well ours attend private schools and the quality of education compared to public schools isn't even close, last year's senior class had a 100% college acceptance

Determination was easy. Nicer buildings, advanced curriculum, gifted and talented programs, great teachers, high graduation and post grad education placement. Test scores were good although to me not important. If you want hi test scores then teach only to the test.

I just read that California is going to pass a bill that basically says a student doesn't have to pass any standardized testing to get a high school diploma. It also says that they don't have to pass class to get one. I keep hearing that liberals love education but what type of education are you going to get if you don't have to pass anything? Just show up and breathe and you will get a diploma. What is the worth of these diplomas if every retard in the world can get one!
Parents keep suing....that's why.

It depends where you live. Our private schools here are regressive and the kids who come in to our public high school struggle because they are behind.

I agree, my little brother attends public schools, it's in a rural setting and he is getting a quality education but the vast majority of public schools are failing to educate the students properly

A lot of inner city schools are plagued with problem children, shitty teachers, and administrators who do little more than interfere. I would let my kids be raised by wolves before turning them over to inner city moonbat factories.

Ours attend private schools and on occasion there are problems with certain teachers, the difference it the problem is addressed not swept under the rug. The schools encourage parents to be very active in their child's education.
Private schools usually REQUIRE the parents to participate in order to be accepted. Different animal altogether from public schools.

It depends where you live. Our private schools here are regressive and the kids who come in to our public high school struggle because they are behind.

Sorry, I'm no buying it, you post as if you're a public school teacher.

If private schools are the answer then let's send every discipline issue, gang member, out of control student to them. Make it mandatory.

I don't buy yours either. You post as a private school teacher. Gotta paint with a broad brush. I call that narrow mindef.

If private schools are the answer then let's send every discipline issue, gang member, out of control student to them. Make it mandatory.

They can't afford them, that's part of the beauty of private schools, they keep the riff raff out and students are not distracted with that garbage

Forum List

Back