Lie from the NYT

By the way- in the Playboy article in 1990- Trump is complaining that the United States was perceived as being too weak- during Bush 1's Presidency- immediately after Reagan's presidency.
Sounds like Trump is pretty much an unAmerican and fits in with the rest of his behaviors. Maybe billionaires get to play by a different set of rules, to big to fall or be criticized.

How is that a lie, simply because you disagree. The REALITY is that other countries think he's making us look pathetic.

Oh God the irony after you people elected Obama the bend over king.
Imagine the gall for you to say that. What to see bend over?

tumblr_l0vh4pes2K1qztsh3o1_400.jpg

The thread premise is a lie.

And it's true that Trump makes the United States appear ridiculous – indeed, the entire GOP presidential campaign is having that effect.

I couldn't agree more. From an outsiders perspective I'm amazed that the GOP hasn't managed to find someone who is camera friendly and has common sense right wing ideas who the party can unite behind. Any half way decent candidate should wipe the floor with Hilary andthe baggage she brings. Instead the field is full of essentially flawed candidates none of whom can gain any momentum and leaves a loud mouthed and bullying reality TV star as the front runner, his only real policy seems to be to court controversy and to know that no publicity is bad publicity.

Here's the NYT: But Trump is already damaging America’s reputation worldwide by commenting sympathetically about Putin and the Chinese massacre of protesters from the Tiananmen democracy movement.

If you follow their link you find this:

What were your other impressions of the Soviet Union?

I was very unimpressed. Their system is a disaster. What you will see there soon is a revolution; the signs are all there with the demonstrations and picketing. Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That's my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.

You mean firm hand as in China?

When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak ... as being spit on by the rest of the world--

Why is Gorbachev not firm enough?

I predict he will be overthrown, because he has shown extraordinary weakness. Suddenly, for the first time ever, there are coal-miner strikes and brush fires everywhere- which will all ultimately lead to a violent revolution. Yet Gorbachev is getting credit for being a wonderful leader and we should continue giving him credit, because he's destroying the Soviet Union. But his giving an inch is going to end up costing him and all his friends what they most cherish-their jobs.

So the NYT isn't even in the same time zone as the truth. What's interesting is the boldness of the lie. They have no fear that the rest of the media (including the conservative establishment media) will call them on it.

How is that a lie, simply because you disagree. The REALITY is that other countries think he's making us look pathetic.

The reality is other countries think Obama is the one making us look pathetic.

The NY Times didn't mention Gorbachev, and didn't mention Communist dictators at all.
Of course the NYT mentioned the Chinese leaders.

Not really-

When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak ... as being spit on by the rest of the world--

but still waiting for you to point out that blatant lie that upset you so much

Forum List

Back