Life getting rough for VA Governor

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
One of his big donor's paid $15,000 to cater his daugher's wedding, $80,000 for his wife to promote her business, and "tens of thousands" of dollars to buy his wife designer clothing?

As a Virginian I'm extremely disappointed. Governors of this state can basically work on auto-pilot because of how successful this state is. What was he thinking?

And he was hoping to run for President. :cool:

Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's Spending Scandal Gets Worse

Troubles worsen for Virginia's Bob McDonnell - The Maddow Blog

Ah. It's Bob "stick a wand in it" McDonnell.

He's is definitely a character. Although while I think Rachel Maddow can be fun, she sees life through very partisan glasses and IMO she spins things so much that I often don't take what she says at face value.

Yes, Maddow is like so many other partisan hacks on the Left and Right, a master at the lie of omission.

As for McDonnell, I am waiting for the usual statements that all Republicans are equal scum to McDonnell simply by being Republicans.

• Banned

He's is definitely a character. Although while I think Rachel Maddow can be fun, she sees life through very partisan glasses and IMO she spins things so much that I often don't take what she says at face value.

True I didn't realize she was one of my sources oops.

I've just been hearing about this a lot on the radio and decided to post about it. I met the guy once and didn't think he was so bad. But I feel quite a bit of pride from being born and raised in this state and even though I disagreed with a lot of this guy's view I still supported him for his position. But now I just see him as shameful

Last edited:
Yes, Maddow is like so many other partisan hacks on the Left and Right, a master at the lie of omission.

As for McDonnell, I am waiting for the usual statements that all Republicans are equal scum to McDonnell simply by being Republicans.

All politicians are equal scum, simply by being politicians. No need to limit it to Republicans. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, not a big fan.

I thought it was only liberals?? I like to take the feminist point of view... All men are scum. :tongue:

One of his big donor's paid $15,000 to cater his daugher's wedding, $80,000 for his wife to promote her business, and "tens of thousands" of dollars to buy his wife designer clothing?

As a Virginian I'm extremely disappointed. Governors of this state can basically work on auto-pilot because of how successful this state is. What was he thinking?

Another faker, just keep voting democrat. Are you disappointed evertime obama takes a vacation for millions?

• Banned

Another faker, just keep voting democrat. Are you disappointed evertime obama takes a vacation for millions?

:confused:

:cuckoo:

I thought it was only liberals?? I like to take the feminist point of view... All men are scum. :tongue:

feminist-looks-like-funny-shirts.jpg

Get some freaking perspective. Clinton pardoned the most notorious corporate criminal in history while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted list for a million dollar donation to his library fund. Obama is spending 10 Million on a vacation to his homeland in Africa. If you want to accuse the Va. governor of a crime go ahead. Otherwise you need to worry about real issues.

Get some freaking perspective. Clinton pardoned the most notorious corporate criminal in history while he was on the FBI 10 most wanted list for a million dollar donation to his library fund. Obama is spending 10 Million on a vacation to his homeland in Africa. If you want to accuse the Va. governor of a crime go ahead. Otherwise you need to worry about real issues.

"Real issues." Expensive vacations and pardons? :cool:

Really? You want to talk about those?

Tu quoque fallacy aside, I'm sure if McDonnell had managed to elevate himself to the White House, his corruption would have escalated to match the position.

And a Governor who is owned by special interests is a very real issue, my friend.

it might even be legal but it just gives-off the wrong impression ESPECIALLY if he or his AG have national ambitions like the amnesty-loving t-partier- :up: Rubio (R) ;)

Forum List

Back