Lifespan prolonged by inhibiting common enzyme

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Lifespan prolonged by inhibiting common enzyme
November 29, 2017

The lifespans of flies and worms are prolonged by limiting the activity of an enzyme common to all animals, finds a UCL-led study.

The enzyme - RNA polymerase III (Pol III) - is present in most cells across all animal species, including humans. While it is known to be essential for making proteins and for cell growth, its involvement in ageing was unexplored until now.

The study, published today in Nature by researchers from UCL, the University of Kent and University of Groningen, found that the survival of yeast cells, and the lifespans of flies and worms were extended by an average of 10% following a modest reduction in Pol III activity in adulthood.

Read more at: https://phys.org/new...enzyme.html#jCp

Wow, awesome news! Please expand this to include larger and more complex animals.

• Banned
18. What is the recent development in Rapamycin research?

Evidence from preclinical studies on several organisms including mice has shown Rapamycin to increase lifespan by 60%. Equipped with this evidence Rapamycin has entered clinical trials, where it is being studied on middle aged dogs as an anti aging pill. Currently Rapamycin is in phase 2 of the trials.http://agscientific.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Dog-Pill-Image.png
At high doses, Rapamycin is used successfully in human patients to prevent organ transplant rejection and to fight cancer. At low doses, Rapamycin slows aging and extends lifespan in several organisms, including mice, with few or no side effects.
18 facts about Rapamycin

Damn, I'd need a doctor to get my hands on this! The next question to be considered is it safe?

18. What is the recent development in Rapamycin research?

Evidence from preclinical studies on several organisms including mice has shown Rapamycin to increase lifespan by 60%. Equipped with this evidence Rapamycin has entered clinical trials, where it is being studied on middle aged dogs as an anti aging pill. Currently Rapamycin is in phase 2 of the trials.
At high doses, Rapamycin is used successfully in human patients to prevent organ transplant rejection and to fight cancer. At low doses, Rapamycin slows aging and extends lifespan in several organisms, including mice, with few or no side effects.
18 facts about Rapamycin

Damn, I'd need a doctor to get my hands on this! The next question to be considered is it safe?
I'm sure it will come at a cost, or have some negative side effects.

It may be a good alternative for democrats who ritually sacrifice children and cannibalize them in satanic rituals because they think it will keep them youthful.

As an alternative they could just put some Rapamycin on their pizza.

It may be a good alternative for democrats who ritually sacrifice children and cannibalize them in satanic rituals because they think it will keep them youthful.

As an alternative they could just put some Rapamycin on their pizza.
That explains this:
9824446_600x400.jpg

Forum List

Back