Linda Brown, Who Was At Center Of Brown v. Board Of Education, Dies

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Yeah? What was the black graduation rate in 1954? Black dropout rate? Black divorce rate? Out of wedlock black children?

1003379E-B715-4336-9D18-64DA5E1FD631.png

In 1952, the illiteracy rate for blacks 14 years of age or older (10.2 percent) was more than five times that of whites (1.8 percent). More than a quarter of black males (28 percent) completed no more than four years of schooling, compared with less than 9 percent of white males (see Figures 1 & 2).

Yeah? What was the black graduation rate in 1954? Black dropout rate? Black divorce rate? Out of wedlock black children?

View attachment 184923
In 1952, the illiteracy rate for blacks 14 years of age or older (10.2 percent) was more than five times that of whites (1.8 percent). More than a quarter of black males (28 percent) completed no more than four years of schooling, compared with less than 9 percent of white males (see Figures 1 & 2).

And today, none of them can pass a simple English test. And you ignored my other questions, which all have their start in school.

What was the black graduation rate in 1954? Black dropout rate? Black divorce rate? Out of wedlock black children?

You obviously didn’t read below the table I posted. It is there. The divorce rate and out of wedlock children had nothing to do with segregation. It had everything to do with lbj’s “Great Society”.
View attachment 184923

And today, none of them can pass a simple English test. And you ignored my other questions, which all have their start in school.

What was the black graduation rate in 1954? Black dropout rate? Black divorce rate? Out of wedlock black children?

You obviously didn’t read below the table I posted. It is there. The divorce rate and out of wedlock children had nothing to do with segregation. It had everything to do with lbj’s “Great Society”.
View attachment 184923

They have to do with education.

If integration was such a wonderful thing, what do you have to say about today's black Americans who demand segregated housing?

You want to apply a one size fits all. That is ridiculous. I live in a very much culturally inclusive rural area. And we all get along great. My best friend is Black.
In all ethnicities you can find blocks of racism. Doesn’t mean it’s the norm.
Quit trying to force people into a mold of your own biases. Widen your horizons. You might learn something.
View attachment 184923

If integration was such a wonderful thing, what do you have to say about today's black Americans who demand segregated housing?

You want to apply a one size fits all. That is ridiculous. I live in a very much culturally inclusive rural area. And we all get along great. My best friend is Black.
Quit trying to force people into a mold of your own biases. Widen your horizons. You might learn something.
View attachment 184923

You just said forced integration was wonderful. And you didn't answer my question.

No, it was forced segregation. Yes, I did. You just didn’t like my answer.
View attachment 184923

You just said forced integration was wonderful. And you didn't answer my question.

Forced busing. I've read all about it. Are you calling black Americans who want segregation racists?

We can never experience life fully by isolating ourselves.

Forced busing. I've read all about it. Are you calling black Americans who want segregation racists?

Forum List

Back