🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lindsey Graham Calls for Hearing On Prisoner Release

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, is calling for a Senate Armed Services hearing on the Taliban prisoner swap - [MENTION=22197]James[/MENTION]hohmann - breakingnews.com
it will be interesting to see what comes of this.
some interesting tidbits. In 2010 the taliban were removed as a terrorist organization and in 2011 the UN also removed all sanctions, as well as the release now of their top 5 commanders from gitmo-all of this as a part of US led peace talks with them. Glad to know they released Bergdahl after those first two things happened, and glad they have put down their arms.

awwww... isn't that cute.

i'm sure it has nothing to do with him having a teatard running against him in the primary.

we all know the most Obama-deranged candidate wins! :woohoo:

awwww... isn't that cute.

i'm sure it has nothing to do with him having a teatard running against him in the primary.

we all know the most Obama-deranged candidate wins! :woohoo:

He is entitled to ask; that does not mean his request will go anywhere.

I hope there is an investigation, not only to find out why such a lopsided prisoner swap, but it's looking more and more like this soldier is a deserter and that needs to be brought out.

I think the Republicans should wail and wail and wail about how dare the President get an American citizen released from the Taliban......and wail some more. :D

And if he's an American deserter how will you feel ?
Will you still be happy that we gave away 5 higher ranking Taliban for one deserter, knowing several soldiers were killed searching for a deserter ?

I think the Republicans should wail and wail and wail about how dare the President get an American citizen released from the Taliban......and wail some more. :D

It's easier than actually doing their job.

When was the last time we saw a pub do his job?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh and when find nothing with that "investigation" they'll do a half dozen more.

It's why we call the republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Some have, in the past, but have questions about the exchange. I think calling him a "traitor" is horrible, but some in his unit say he just walked away. I have also read he was looking for liquor (from the Taliban ?), among other accusations.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, is calling for a Senate Armed Services hearing on the Taliban prisoner swap - [MENTION=22197]James[/MENTION]hohmann - breakingnews.com
some interesting tidbits. In 2010 the taliban were removed as a terrorist organization and in 2011 the UN also removed all sanctions, as well as the release now of their top 5 commanders from gitmo-all of this as a part of US led peace talks with them. Glad to know they released Bergdahl after those first two things happened, and glad they have put down their arms.

Similar to the Bush administration reneging on international treaties so that our soldiers could not be tried for war crimes, when, guess what, they committed war crimes.

Will you still be happy that we gave away 5 higher ranking Taliban for one deserter, knowing several soldiers were killed searching for a deserter ?

We can worry about that at the right time.

The "right" time was before the swap.

While the swap looks to be an asinine decision, what the hell does a hearing accomplish? I don't see anything that would be in contention for a hearing.

They should beat Obama over the head for this but a hearing is misplaced and purposeless.

Well, some liberals would have fought for Hanoi Jane had she been imprisoned by the Viet Cong. So it would be typical that if Bergdahl turns out to be a traitor to his country, that these certain liberals would defend him also.

While the swap looks to be an asinine decision, what the hell does a hearing accomplish? I don't see anything that would be in contention for a hearing.

They should beat Obama over the head for this but a hearing is misplaced and purposeless.

I disagree. He broke the law. He's broken many laws. The man should be removed from office. But since that will never happen, hearings are the only way people can expose his defiance of these laws to the public. Such defiance shouldn't ever go unnoticed.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, is calling for a Senate Armed Services hearing on the Taliban prisoner swap - @James hohmann - breakingnews.com

Similar to the Bush administration reneging on international treaties so that our soldiers could not be tried for war crimes, when, guess what, they committed war crimes.

So, as a soldier, you're calling other soldiers war criminals. Do you not hear yourself?

The "right" time was before the swap.

No. The United States Army has not even charged this soldier with any crime. In fact....he has received PROMOTIONS during his captivity. As far as ANYONE knows, this guy is not a deserter. The president acted on KNOWN, KNOWNS!

Assholes!

We are still keeping an eye on them. This year's elections are crucial in determining if they stay on the map....I mean if they can accomplish representative government & wipe out the extremists.

Forum List

Back