Line Item Veto

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
The President asks for a Line Item Veto, problems is Newt and congress passed on under Clinton but the Courts ruled that the law was not in line with the Constitution therefore not valid. Also the term limits was ruled not valid.

The President asks for a Line Item Veto, problems is Newt and congress passed on under Clinton but the Courts ruled that the law was not in line with the Constitution therefore not valid. Also the term limits was ruled not valid.

Yeah, the courts reserved that for themselves. The allow laws to go into effect in a form congress never passed and the president never signed all the time. Go figure.

These massive Bills are also passed in Canada. Almost ll of them have been massive pork and boondoggles and are absurd IMO.

In what business would this fly? Maybe they work, but I can't imagine they are the most efficient.

Last edited:
Most governors have it...

... the President should too...

... would help to eliminate...

... a lotta pork in the budget.

Instead of a line item veto amendment Congress should restore the impoundment power. Then again, I'm not certain the impoundment law is constitutional itself.

They used article 5 to eliminate slavery, but not after a bloody civil war. Imagine how many people would die to protect pork.

I can only think of 535, you know, congress.

The same 535 needed to change it via article 5?

Strange position, that you say those people should change it, and admit those people won't change it.

Not really, the States can do it without them. But I also think it is wrong for the courts to assume a power they deny to the president.

Not really, the States can do it without them. But I also think it is wrong for the courts to assume a power they deny to the president.

The courts can invalidate laws, issue injunctions, and declare people to be guilty of crimes.

Powers you don't want the president to have.

The president can negotiate treaties, command the military, and appoint executives, powers you don't want the courts to have.

Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes, write the laws of the country, and oversee the actions of the executive branch.

Powers you don't want the courts or the president to have.

Seperation of powers. What a concept.

The courts can invalidate laws, issue injunctions, and declare people to be guilty of crimes.

Powers you don't want the president to have.

Not only can they invalidate laws, they can invalidate bits a pieces of a law, or alter them at their whim. Perfect examples are the last two rulings on the ACA.

The Constitution doesn't give them the authority to do any of that, congress didn't authorize it, the courts just took that power and told the other two branches and the country to piss off.

If any law is constitutionally defective it's the courts job to hold it invalid and allow congress, who is the only one with legislative authority, to fix it.

The executive branch can do some rescinding on budget items it doesn't like..

Congress has the power to lay and collect taxes, write the laws of the country, and oversee the actions of the executive branch.

Powers you don't want the courts or the president to have.

Separation of powers. What a concept.
SCROTUS Married COITUS and They Put Their Children up for Adoption

They are three branches on the same poison oak. We, the people, get the twigs from a bonsai tree.

Instead of a line item veto amendment Congress should restore the impoundment power. Then again, I'm not certain the impoundment law is constitutional itself.
Bury Marbury

Why do free people subject themselves to the ignorant and snobbish political theories of the horse-and-buggy era?

What are you babbling about?
Snowflakes Won't Stop Her Drooling

Not what is usually bubbling out of your avatar's mouth.

Forum List

Back