🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Live from the protests in Berkeley

Yeah, it's an expensive town. That's why I live in Oakland.

I have kin in Alameda. They can have it.

Been there too, not even close. I swear, watching the fog roll in over the Golden Gate Bridge, San Fran to the left, Alcatraz sitting there, from the Berkely hills. It's freaking heaven.

I have a view of the bay and the bridges from my apartment in Oakland, too. Not as good as from the Hills, but it's still very nice.

I envy you Sir!

Can't see shit today though, there's a huge storm coming in.

Storm of the century! lol

Whoever was taking the pics that I grabbed to post was VERY close to you ! theDoctorisIn

I have kin in Alameda. They can have it.

Been there too, not even close. I swear, watching the fog roll in over the Golden Gate Bridge, San Fran to the left, Alcatraz sitting there, from the Berkely hills. It's freaking heaven.

I have a view of the bay and the bridges from my apartment in Oakland, too. Not as good as from the Hills, but it's still very nice.

I envy you Sir!

Whoever was taking the pics that I grabbed to post was VERY close to you ! theDoctorisIn

You know, I lived in South Florida during the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons, and a couple hurricanes in NY as well - and last night you could definitely feel the "hurricane's coming" vibe.

Then the storm hit, and it's just rain. Nothing special.

Although if you're 100 miles north of here, it must have hit you pretty hard, from the satellite maps I was looking at earlier. There's some flooding in SF, but nothing exciting around me.

You know, I lived in South Florida during the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons, and a couple hurricanes in NY as well - and last night you could definitely feel the "hurricane's coming" vibe.

Although if you're 100 miles north of here, it must have hit you pretty hard, from the satellite maps I was looking at earlier. There's some flooding in SF, but nothing exciting around me.

We haven't been hit yet here in LA, but them make it sound like it's going to be a doozy.

It's an El Nino year, so I kind of expect these storms.

It certainly isn't helping the economy to allow it. The students get their education but they still don't have money to spend until they pay their loans off years later.
Is colleges something that has become a money pit without the expected return?... Are they operating like a money hungry and greed driven corporation would ? Are they just receiving, recycling then rinsing, receiving, recycling then rinsing ? The rinse is when it is washing it's hands of the corruption/greed it engages in until the next new batch arrives right ? Then there is all the weirdo professors these days, who are more into brainwashing instead of into teaching the basics in which once was considered to be college courses that would graduate you into something worth while afterwards.

Wasn't it that colleges in general were respected institutions once, but slowly they are slipping into something that is not as respected as they once were (is football still holding them up) ? With class warfare on the lips of so many these days, are college students merely walking into a trap when they expect their education to pay dividends in the end, and yet they are hopeful of this even within such a volatile society these days ? Look at the society that we are now living in or have created around us now, and how it has prompted companies to steer more clear of higher education, and instead they opt for the safer lower education when doing business now or is that all about greed also ?

What's happening is the balance within it all has simply gone array these days, and things are changing faster than a speeding bullet, and it is just TOO FAST this change is, but whose keeping score or making sense of it all anymore really?

We haven't been hit yet here in LA, but them make it sound like it's going to be a doozy.

I thought I heard somewhere that they were predicting a big El Nino, but it never materialized. I don't know, I haven't kept up with my oceanography.

I thought I heard somewhere that they were predicting a big El Nino, but it never materialized. I don't know, I haven't kept up with my oceanography.

The El Nino fizzled.

The El Nino fizzled.

That's what I'd heard. Something about the polar vortexes, maybe?

The El Nino fizzled.

That's what I'd heard. Something about the polar vortexes, maybe?

Possibly. The truth is we really have no idea what drives the El Nino/La Nina cycles. We do know they play a significant role in the overall global temperature when they occur, but that is about the limit of our knowledge.

I hope we have a bunch!

It should be noted that the OWS (occupy Wall Street) movement emerged from Oakland Ca. under the leadership of Van Jones who became a communist when he was arrested for leading arson and looting rampages during the Rodney King era. It should also be noted that Jones was appointed to a cabinet post by fellow traveler Barry Hussein until National outcry forced Jones to take the bus back to Oakland.

I envy you Sir!

The satellite did look scary and the foothills got snow!

I am about two hours inland from you and thirty miles north of Sac.

It's still raining, and we did get some wind.

Kinda boring from storms I'm used to.

I do agree there was a hurricane vibe.

I was in this hurricane.
Hurricane Bonnie 1998 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It should be noted that the OWS (occupy Wall Street) movement emerged from Oakland Ca. under the leadership of Van Jones who became a communist when he was arrested for leading arson and looting rampages during the Rodney King era. It should also be noted that Jones was appointed to a cabinet post by fellow traveler Barry Hussein until National outcry forced Jones to take the bus back to Oakland.

:lol:

The Occupy Wall Street movement was initially organized by a Canadian organization called "Adbusters", in 2011 in New York. Van Jones had nothing to do with it.

The Occupy Wall Street movement was initially organized by a Canadian organization called "Adbusters", in 2011 in New York. Van Jones had nothing to do with it.
But we ain't talking about Canadians or "adbusters". Jones is quoted in an interview with CNN in 2011 "the (OWS) movement is ready to evolve into the areas of politics and policy making much like the Tea Party in 2010". When Mayor Bloomberg finally evicted the degenerate OWS protesters from NYC parks, Van Jones warned "this about much more than just one park or one tactic or one city".

But we ain't talking about Canadians or "adbusters". Jones is quoted in an interview with CNN in 2011 "the (OWS) movement is ready to evolve into the areas of politics and policy making much like the Tea Party in 2010"> When Mayor Bloomberg finally evicted the degenerate OWS protesters from NYC parks Van Jones warned "this about much more than just one park or one tactic or one city".

Van Jones was just trying to jump on the OWS bandwagon, just like Dick Armey and the Koch brothers hopped on the Tea Party bandwagon.

But we ain't talking about Canadians or "adbusters". Jones is quoted in an interview with CNN in 2011 "the (OWS) movement is ready to evolve into the areas of politics and policy making much like the Tea Party in 2010". When Mayor Bloomberg finally evicted the degenerate OWS protesters from NYC parks, Van Jones warned "this about much more than just one park or one tactic or one city".
And it continues in all sorts of evolving forms to this very day...

1395366_10152946000638331_305543310556018357_n.jpg

Local storm damage.

Forum List

Back