Living full time on a cruise ship?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013

The residences start at $1 million for the ship's lifetime, according to a press release, and run as high as $8 million. There are also some 24-year leases, which start at about $616,000, according to Storylines' website.

Residents must also pay all-inclusive fees which cover most meals, housekeeping, Wi-Fi, laundry service, gratuities and more.

Those fees start at $61,564 per year for a 237-square-foot interior studio and vary depending on the unit price. Punton noted that residents can rent their homes out when they are not using them. Financing is also available.

If you could afford it...would you do it? Not me. Just the thought of the whole idea makes me shudder.

Everyone I have met who spent time on a cruise ship had nothing good to say about it.

Being at sea is a beautiful experience. Nothing quite equals the view of the stars from mid-ocean, or the view of a sunset over and endless blue-green sea.

That being said, even the largest ship can be quite small when you've spent weeks, months, or years on it.

I think if I were a billionaire I'd seriously consider this... under one condition... if the life of the ship prematurely ends like it sinks or destroyed by fire I get my money back... hell... they could sell all the units and get a multi billion dollar policy and sink the damn thing on purpose.... lol

Everyone I have met who spent time on a cruise ship had nothing good to say about it.

I have spent 60 days cruising and enjoyed every day, wouldn‘t want to go full time though

Like getting an ice cream sundae every day, it eventually loses its appeal

Oh hell no. Boats of all sizes are the debbil.

I use a floatie when I go swimmin though. :)
You use one when you drink water, so as you read that I will run and hide!

The residences start at $1 million for the ship's lifetime, according to a press release, and run as high as $8 million. There are also some 24-year leases, which start at about $616,000, according to Storylines' website.

Residents must also pay all-inclusive fees which cover most meals, housekeeping, Wi-Fi, laundry service, gratuities and more.

Those fees start at $61,564 per year for a 237-square-foot interior studio and vary depending on the unit price. Punton noted that residents can rent their homes out when they are not using them. Financing is also available.

If you could afford it...would you do it? Not me. Just the thought of the whole idea makes me shudder.
You know what Gracie I would do it because I said if I made enough money I would buy me a boat to live on and the wife and my adopted brother can have a cottage in Halifax, so why not live on a cruise ship if I had like hundred million dollars?

Yeah, I can see it now. After they get your money, you conveniently are stricken with covid, Legionnaires Disease are some food borne illness that kills you and they bury you at sea and sell your spot again. Cruising used to be really spectacular, but the last one I went on with Princess during Christmas week 2017 absolutely SUCKED. The food was atrocious and the service was terrible. Of course things may have been better if you paid the extra $$$ for the specialty restaurants. The all-inclusive cruise is gone. No, I wouldn't consider it either. I doubt that I'll ever set foot on another cruise ship. Waste of money.

You use one when you drink water, so as you read that I will run and hide!

You know what Gracie I would do it because I said if I made enough money I would buy me a boat to live on and the wife and my adopted brother can have a cottage in Halifax, so why not live on a cruise ship if I had like hundred million dollars?

Who drinks water?

Who drinks water?
I want a DNA 🧬 to make sure we ain’t related!

Anyhoo, I do want to live on a boat in the next five years in Nova Scotia and just enjoy the ocean until I die, so the cruise ship 🚢 idea sound interesting but after another poster stated they might just kill us so they can sell the space again kind of worries me!

I want a DNA 🧬 to make sure we ain’t related!

Anyhoo, I do want to live on a boat in the next five years in Nova Scotia and just enjoy the ocean until I die, so the cruise ship 🚢 idea sound interesting but after another poster stated they might just kill us so they can sell the space again kind of worries me!

No worries... there's always someone runnin about wanting to kill ya, probably. They say one in every ten drivers you are on the road with is drunk or high and one in every ten people you pass in a day is a psychotic.

We're lucky to be alive, I tells ya.

Weirdly enough- the ocean is one of my favorite places to be, ever, but only on the shore. Boats scare me green.

No worries... there's always someone runnin about wanting to kill ya, probably. They say one in every ten drivers you are on the road with is drunk or high and one in every ten people you pass in a day is a psychotic.

We're lucky to be alive, I tells ya.

Weirdly enough- the ocean is one of my favorite places to be, ever, but only on the shore. Boats scare me green.
So every car and person I pass I am the one out of ten… Just great!

Yeah, I love the Ocean and Texas beaches are not great!

I prefer the West Coast but I want to die in Canada in Halifax, so if I have to come back I hope I am reborn there!

The wife want me to die in the Philippines, but I am thinking that is where she want to kill me at and get away with the murder!!!

If you have that kind of money, why not just get one of these and only bring aboard those whom you trust if you need the company.

Me, I'd staff it with a good crew and Captian and then be very selective on who was around Me.

Forum List

Back