local CAL store made me produce proof I was a veteran to get 10% discount

My bowling alley takes our word for it for a great discount on bowling, which includes one guest bowler.

Why the hell would anyone (vet or not) produce ID for a lousy 10% off?
I spend a lot of money at Home Depot, mainly for my company. I don't get the military discount, but I do get the rewards points on what I put on my credit card for the company.

I still carry my last issued ID from when I was assigned to a reserve unit in CA.... its no longer valid but it still works on things like this... I used it to get a discount on some camping gear just a few weeks ago....

I can see their point. If they give everyone who claims vets status a discount, they aren't honoring anyone. I'm lucky though since my state puts vet status on it's drivers licenses.

Veterans can get discounts? I've carried a copy of my DD-214 in my wallet since 1974, and never realized it would come in handy for something.

If you have a USAA membership card, you can use that.

For online shopping, stores/companies typically have you sign in thru ID.me or another similar site to proof of vet status.

Why the hell would anyone (vet or not) produce ID for a lousy 10% off?

Speaking for myself, the latest "toys" I bought for my Jeep Gladiator last week came to over $3k. A discount of 10% on top of the sales price is worth proving I'm a vet.

To me, when there is nothing to hide, a person will abide. In other words, they won't have a problem with showing whatever ID it is that they have. If anything, they should be more than happy to show it to people because it shows that they possess something that not every person on this planet has: courage.

God bless you and our service men and women always!!!

Holly

I'm not sure who wouldn't feel at least somewhat insulted at being insinuated as being a liar. Seems to me it isn't at all about the money, but rather a matter of pride in personal integrity.

Speaking for myself, the latest "toys" I bought for my Jeep Gladiator last week came to over $3k. A discount of 10% on top of the sales price is worth proving I'm a vet.

This one or the newer poser? ;)

1962-Jeep-Gladiator-Pinterest-e1610482204765.jpg

It seems logical to produce proof to get a discount. Lowes is a great supporter of Veterans and I had to furnish an old Veteran I.D. to get on their computer as a Vet. Maybe a Veteran organization I.D. like the VFW or the American Legion would do. I have both.

Forum List

Back