"Logan" review by John Nolte......it may be worth giving a look....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am not a huge Hugh Jackman "Wolverine" fan....the character doesn't appeal because he essentially could not be killed....he couldn't be shot, cut, or bashed because of his adnvanced healing and bones covered by adamantium.......if he faced a guy with the sword, he didn't really need any technique....just take the cut and spear him with his claws...

Maybe this movie might be okay....

'Logan' Review: The Best Wolverine So Far Perfectly Captures Obama's America

Part "Mad Max," part "Shane," "Logan" is a worthy successor to both and one filled with a number of grace notes. My favorite being a rare moment of normalcy for Logan when he spends the night with a Christian, gun-toting family in Oklahoma City -- one of the few able to hang on in Obama's America, and only able to do so thanks to the Second Amendment.

"Logan" is plenty violent, action-packed (but grounded), and extremely moving in places. This is supposed to be our goodbye to both Jackman's and Stewart's role in the franchise. In this day and age, that is never a sure thing, but if it is, both the Wolverine and Professor X could not ask for a more fitting farewell.

I am not a huge Hugh Jackman "Wolverine" fan....the character doesn't appeal because he essentially could not be killed....he couldn't be shot, cut, or bashed because of his adnvanced healing and bones covered by adamantium.......if he faced a guy with the sword, he didn't really need any technique....just take the cut and spear him with his claws...

Part "Mad Max," part "Shane," "Logan" is a worthy successor to both and one filled with a number of grace notes. My favorite being a rare moment of normalcy for Logan when he spends the night with a Christian, gun-toting family in Oklahoma City -- one of the few able to hang on in Obama's America, and only able to do so thanks to the Second Amendment.

"Logan" is plenty violent, action-packed (but grounded), and extremely moving in places. This is supposed to be our goodbye to both Jackman's and Stewart's role in the franchise. In this day and age, that is never a sure thing, but if it is, both the Wolverine and Professor X could not ask for a more fitting farewell.
Actually he can be killed, but it's difficult. He killed a character that had his own ability for super healing in an earlier movie by beheading him.

Actually he can be killed, but it's difficult. He killed a character that had his own ability for super healing in an earlier movie by beheading him.

Everyone should pretend that movie never happened. :p

I'm very hopeful for this movie. The trailers have been excellent and most of the reviews are good. Of course, it will probably disappoint. :lol:

Still, an R rated Wolverine movie has some potential. He is a character less suited to PG-13 than many other super heroes.

Actually, if you mean the first Dead Pool, he didn't kill him.....Dead Pool's head was still alive and therefore, according to the comics he can even regenerate that....

Saw it over the weekend. I have not seen all of the X men movies just because they don't interest me much but I have seen Wolverine...which I liked.

Best part of the movie was the scenery. It was filmed in NM so very familiar setting.

Worst part...Very bloody which I normally don't like. You kind of expect it with Wolverine though.
I also dont really like movie's where everyone dies. The story was good so I dealt with it.

Other than that...it was entertaining. And so i guess it did it's job ...which is really all I ask for in a movie anyway.

I liked Logan. It gave us far and away the best look at what fighting with those claws as weapons might look like. It was not as good as some of the reviews I read about it; this was not the best comic book movie since The Dark Knight. It was a quite enjoyable movie, though. I loved some of X-23's fight scenes, particularly. A good movie for Jackman and Stewart to go out on.

Forum List

Back