Longtime NYC teacher wins court battle, reinstated after firing over COVID vaccine – but remains barred from school

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

A veteran Queens teacher who was fired for refusing to get the COVID vaccine and then reinstated by a judge says she was still blocked from entering her school Tuesday.

A judge last month ruled that Halkias was to be reinstated to the city Department of Education effective Aug. 1, after a protracted court battle over her employment.

Teacher refused a COVID vaccine and was fired. She claimed she was exempt as she was Greek Orthodox.

She won a lawsuit but when she returned to work a security guard-who hugged her, was instructed to throw her out.

The city claims there's an automatic stay of the judge's order since they filed a notice of appeal, unless there's some weird specific rule about this that's not true and they have to apply for a stay.

Her lawyer says it might because she's near retirement and makes good money, but my suspicion is the school system is too entrenched in Covid to accept the loss.

Sigh, we are here in the blue state or blue run population centers.

GWoZxh4XQAAaBHW

A veteran Queens teacher who was fired for refusing to get the COVID vaccine and then reinstated by a judge says she was still blocked from entering her school Tuesday.

A judge last month ruled that Halkias was to be reinstated to the city Department of Education effective Aug. 1, after a protracted court battle over her employment.

Teacher refused a COVID vaccine and was fired. She claimed she was exempt as she was Greek Orthodox.

She won a lawsuit but when she returned to work a security guard-who hugged her, was instructed to throw her out.

The city claims there's an automatic stay of the judge's order since they filed a notice of appeal, unless there's some weird specific rule about this that's not true and they have to apply for a stay.

Her lawyer says it might because she's near retirement and makes good money, but my suspicion is the school system is too entrenched in Covid to accept the loss.

Sigh, we are here in the blue state or blue run population centers.

GWoZxh4XQAAaBHW

So in 4 years she never had COVID once, and thus has never developed natural immunity?

Seems the DOE is in the wrong here.

There is no other DOE. The federal government is the Education Department. I'm just correcting your misuse of the acronym for clarity purposes/.

In a thread about education, you thought I was referencing the Energy Department?

We have a DOE in NY and it's the Education one, not the Energy one.

Talk about quibbling with chickenshit.

Why does she need to claim anything? What happened to MY BODY MY RIGHT? You know, what women claim for having abortions?
I mean:
  • Since when does the state mandate that you MUST get a vaccine in anything NO MATTER WHAT, you have no choice?
  • Who has shown any medical proof that not having the vaccine would have made any difference at all to anyone at the school, especially the kids who had almost ZERO Covid cases?
  • Who doesn't know that the vaccines doesn't even stop you from getting Covid, much less TRANSMITTING it?
So why does anyone need a reason not to get it, much less be fired from their job?

Why does she need to claim anything? What happened to MY BODY MY RIGHT? You know, what women claim for having abortions?
I mean:
  • Since when does the state mandate that you MUST get a vaccine in anything NO MATTER WHAT, you have no choice?
  • Who has shown any medical proof that not having the vaccine would have made any difference at all to anyone at the school, especially the kids who had almost ZERO Covid cases?
  • Who doesn't know that the vaccines doesn't even stop you from getting Covid, much less TRANSMITTING it?
So why does anyone need a reason not to get it, much less be fired from their job?
Because you could transmit the disease to someone else. Even though the vaccine does not stop transmission.
Shit doesnt have to make sense with retarded leftists. Its a 🤡 world.

Because you could transmit the disease to someone else. Even though the vaccine does not stop transmission.

With or without the vaccine, with or without a mask, you can still transmit it. You might grab a doorknob and pick up the virus, then transmit it to a cup or a paper or elsewhere that others pick it up too. Never mind that all the vaccine does is lessen symptoms in the person taking it.

There is no medical evidence that the vaccine does anything other than make the user feel better if he/she gets sick.

I just don't get how states are getting away with vaccine fascism.

Meanwhile, there is almost no risk from Covid to people under the age of 50. Essentially zero to school kids.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.40.17 AM.png

Forum List

Back