🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Look At The Picture And Tell What Is Wrong

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Okay so the below is a picture of the 1930 Uruguay National Football Team for the first World Cup that obviously was held in Uruguay and Uruguay won.

There is something specifically wrong with ONE of the below players, but he is posing in the picture in a clever way, so that at first glance and perhaps at a few more glances you would not notice what is wrong with him. Can you say which player has something specifically wrong with him just by looking at the below picture:

1601944564822.png

^^^^ I add in the above team the front row the second from the left is the GREAT Héctor Scarone who was considered one of the world's greatest players of his generation, most of his career was spent at Nacional of Montevideo, he had three careers there and in between he played for Barcelona, Inter Milan and Palermo. He played Inside Forward (Inside Right) and in total played 277 games and scored 200 goals, an amazing achievement. He played 51 times for Uruguay and scored 31 goals, beginning in 1917 and the 1930 World Cup Final was his last game for Uruguay.

This is probably not it, but the dude in the brown sweater standing in the left of the picture looks like he is getting a bj from....I'm not sure what that is....some kind of mask.

• Banned
Bottom row, middle player, right hand?

Excellent Frank! His entire right forearm up to his elbow:

1601946374014.png

The middle player that is Héctor Castro and in 1917 when he was aged 13 years in age he was using an electric saw and it slipped and amputated his right forearm. This did not affect his later football career of course, he was a very good Attacking Forward and he scored 16 goals for Uruguay in 23 appearances. He also scored the winning goal in the 1930 World Cup Final which finished Uruguay 4 Argentina 2.

Here are some pictures of him in action:

1601946705823.png

The below pictures back to front, it was his right arm not left arm as the below are photographed other way around:

1601946828142.png

1601946847611.png

Cartoon drawing of him from an old Uruguay football magazine from 1979:

1601946958051.png

• Banned
The ball is spherical not oblong like real footballs are.

Actually there IS a story about the ball. There was some controversy about what ball to use in the 1930 World Cup Final, to use Uruguay's ball or Argentina's ball and so it was decided to use both. In the first half Argentina's ball was used and in the second half Uruguay's ball was used. In the FIFA Museum they have both of them on display. There was later controversy because during the First Half Argentina were winning 2-0 and Uruguay was playing very badly and then during the Second Half when they switched to using the Uruguay ball which was MUCH heavier than the Argentinian ball they started playing very well and scored 4 goals and at Full Time it was Uruguay 4 Argentina 2 and Uruguay won the first Jules Rimet Trophy (Jules Rimet was the President of FIFA from 1921-54)

This is the 1930 Argentina ball which was called The Tiento:

1601947748927.png

This is the 1930 Uruguay ball which was called the T-Model and it was MUCH heavier than the above Tiento:

1601947835336.png

^^^^ Very faded over time, but the below is how the two above would have originally looked as new in 1930:

1601947963996.png

^^^^ They were VERY heavy and made of pigskin leather and inside had a bladder that was inflated and deflated after each match.

This below is how World Cup Footballs have transformed over the years, the pigskin leather ones with the inflatable and deflatable bladders continued until 1966, it wasn't until the 1970 World Cup in Mexico that FIFA started to produce more lightweight footballs, the first of these in 1970 was called Telstar and it became the first of the Adidas made World Cup footballs:

1601948059571.png

• Banned
Okay so the below is a picture of the 1930 Uruguay National Football Team for the first World Cup that obviously was held in Uruguay and Uruguay won.

There is something specifically wrong with ONE of the below players, but he is posing in the picture in a clever way, so that at first glance and perhaps at a few more glances you would not notice what is wrong with him. Can you say which player has something specifically wrong with him just by looking at the below picture:

View attachment 397613

^^^^ I add in the above team the front row the second from the left is the GREAT Héctor Scarone who was considered one of the world's greatest players of his generation, most of his career was spent at Nacional of Montevideo, he had three careers there and in between he played for Barcelona, Inter Milan and Palermo. He played Inside Forward (Inside Right) and in total played 277 games and scored 200 goals, an amazing achievement. He played 51 times for Uruguay and scored 31 goals, beginning in 1917 and the 1930 World Cup Final was his last game for Uruguay.

I notice Toro Liked the above.

WTF happened to Liverpool the other night? Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2 :omg: I watched the highlights of that match and it was shocking, so many of the Villa goals came from deflections off Liverpool players standing in the way, also Adrian was just not even paying attention for 2 of the Villa goals. Looking at the highlights Villa could have even scored more than the 7 they got.

I looked up the Record Statistics and that was Villa's third highest scoring match:

Football League win March 12 1892 Aston Villa 12 Accrington 2
Premier League win February 11 1995 Aston Villa 7 Wimbledon 1
Premier League win October 4 2020 Aston Villa 7 Liverpool 2

And it was Liverpool's third worst defeat:

Second Division defeat December 11 1954 Liverpool 1 Birmingham City 9
First Division defeat January 1 1934 Liverpool 2 Newcastle United 9
Premier League defeat October 4 2020 Liverpool 2 Aston Villa 7

Actually there IS a story about the ball. There was some controversy about what ball to use in the 1930 World Cup Final, to use Uruguay's ball or Argentina's ball and so it was decided to use both. In the first half Argentina's ball was used and in the second half Uruguay's ball was used. In the FIFA Museum they have both of them on display. There was later controversy because during the First Half Argentina were winning 2-0 and Uruguay was playing very badly and then during the Second Half when they switched to using the Uruguay ball which was MUCH heavier than the Argentinian ball they started playing very well and scored 4 goals and at Full Time it was Uruguay 4 Argentina 2 and Uruguay won the first Jules Rimet Trophy (Jules Rimet was the President of FIFA from 1921-54)

View attachment 397640

This is the 1930 Uruguay ball which was called the T-Model and it was MUCH heavier than the above Tiento:

View attachment 397644

^^^^ Very faded over time, but the below is how the two above would have originally looked as new in 1930:

View attachment 397645

^^^^ They were VERY heavy and made of pigskin leather and inside had a bladder that was inflated and deflated after each match.

This below is how World Cup Footballs have transformed over the years, the pigskin leather ones with the inflatable and deflatable bladders continued until 1966, it wasn't until the 1970 World Cup in Mexico that FIFA started to produce more lightweight footballs, the first of these in 1970 was called Telstar and it became the first of the Adidas made World Cup footballs:

View attachment 397646

Lucy Hamilton

You know all this about soccer?

If I wasn't already married, I'd ask you to marry me!

View attachment 397640

View attachment 397644

View attachment 397645

View attachment 397646

Lucy Hamilton

You know all this about soccer?

If I wasn't already married, I'd ask you to marry me!

I have always loved football since I was about 8, I think my entire family have always loved football and of course skiing.

If I wasn't already married, I might ask you also!

I have always loved football since I was about 8, I think my entire family have always loved football and of course skiing.

Austria beat Germany 3-2 at the 1978 World Cup in Cordoba. I remembered that because I read it about 100 times when I was a kid.

I always loved the red/white/red stripes at the top of their stockings symbolizing the Austrian flag.

Castro wouldn't have done too well as a goalie.

Well....so you just KNOW there is a one armed goalkeeper out there! Tudorel Mihailescu he plays in the Romanian Fourth Division for a team I have never heard of before called Fratia Bucharest. He was still playing in 2018 at the age of 50 years:

1601951755469.png

Here he is in action during a 2018 match:

Last edited:

Austria beat Germany 3-2 at the 1978 World Cup in Cordoba. I remembered that because I read it about 100 times when I was a kid.

I always loved the red/white/red stripes at the top of their stockings symbolizing the Austrian flag.

That was the game that Bertie Vogts scored an own goal, which was caused by Sepp Maier being off his goaline but not picking up the ball and Vogts was behind him and it was Wilhelm Kreuz and someone I can't remember coming forward who obviously put Vogts in a panic and he hit the ball in his own net. We had the GREAT Hans Krankl playing, scored our two goals, what a fantastic player he was in club football 582 games and 392 goals, her was our version of Gerd Müller.

That 1978 game was before I was born but I have watched highlights of it. That was a good World Cup, but I think the 1982 World Cup in Spain was a better one.

That was a good World Cup, but I think the 1982 World Cup in Spain was a better one.

The Disgrace at Dijon? That WC?
Actually, IMO, the two greatest games I've seen in WC history were France vs W Germany and Brazil vs Italy in 1982. How Schumacher didn't get sent off for almost decapitating Battiston is beyond me. But it was a great game.
Italy vs Brazil was also a great game where the cheating bastard Rossi got a hat trick.

Forum List

Back