Look at what a wonderful job of social distancing these Portland protesters are doing !

Way to go guys ! :clap:

I thought Covid-19 was a hoax.
You guys need to get your story straight.

I never said it was a hoax. I think in many places around the country, the precautions went too far, but the virus is real and these dumbfucks may have just given us a new spike here in Oregon.

Then you prefer to stay awy from people and use a mask daily?

It seems like Oregonians don’t give a damn about the stay at home orders, so why should business not fully reopen? I find the idea of two sets of rules imperialistic, bigoted and fascist.

Imperialistic is why we have most of the US we took it from other peoples.

You can't open your hair salon, but you're totally ok to have a city approved march of packed in sweaty screamers.
If you are Oregon too you know how Portland gives Antifa radicals a nice base to operate from.
The mayor keeps the police off their backs and as long as they don't beat people too hard (Andy Ngo)
they can operate with impunity. Not just with impunity but with Ted Wheeler's blessings.

I'm sure the covid virus is the least of the mob's concerns and we all know social distancing is just something that's used to keep churches and hair dressers in their place. If you are in a SJW mob member you don't need to give a damn about the Covid virus.

The authorities here certainly won't bother you about it.

Ted Wheeler fits Portland to a 'T'. I made an oath a # of years ago to never spend another dime inside of Portland city limits. So far, I've been able to stick with it. Why any business would locate in the downtown area of Portland is beyond me. Between Aunt Teefa and the bums, the place stinks to heaven.

Portland rocks. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, especially when the sun shines. You should stay in Hermiston (or whatever hellhole you reside) and OUT of Portland ;)

Portland used to be beautiful however the downtown area has deteriorated, i was there last year, people camping on the sidewalks, the smell of urine, riots a few block from where we were at that weekend. We asked the hotel to let us leave, give us a refund and we went out by the airport and stayed.

I love Portland, but not the downtown area, it has changed.

Portland used to be beautiful however the downtown area has deteriorated, i was there last year, people camping on the sidewalks, the smell of urine, riots a few block from where we were at that weekend. We asked the hotel to let us leave, give us a refund and we went out by the airport and stayed.

Sure. It's like Seattle, San Francisco, LA and any other major city in that respect, I would guess.
The further you get away from the center of town and the homeless population
the more the problem disappears.

Downtown Portland is amazingly seedy and filthy.

Last edited:
Stupid post. 98% of these protesters are wearing masks. They are also outdoors. Let's see if you say the same when Dear Leader packs 25,000 MAGA-hatted, maskless idiots in like sardines when his Greatest Hits Rallies resume next Friday.

No it's not stupid, you're the one being stupid ! You guys have been starting thread after thread crying how we were going to kill grandma if we didn't stay locked down. Now suddenly it's ok for millions nationwide to be out in the streets together yelling and screaming ! If we see a spike in the Covid, it will because of you dumbshits.

Yes there is risk even if outdoors and the vast majority are wearing masks, yes there will be spikes, and yes your post was stupid. Just wait until Donnie packs 'em in starting next week with maskless dummies.

There will not be anywhere near the #'s that you guys are putting out there every single fucking day !

And by the way, you guys blame all of the cases and deaths from Covid, on Trump, and then you turn around and do stupid shit like this. Fucking amazing !

Last edited:
Stupid post. 98% of these protesters are wearing masks. They are also outdoors. Let's see if you say the same when Dear Leader packs 25,000 MAGA-hatted, maskless idiots in like sardines when his Greatest Hits Rallies resume next Friday.

No it's not stupid, you're the one being stupid ! You guys have been starting thread after thread crying how we were going to kill grandma if we didn't stay locked down. Now suddenly it's ok for millions nationwide to be out in the streets together yelling and screaming ! If we see a spike in the Covid, it will because of you dumbshits.

Yes there is risk even if outdoors and the vast majority are wearing masks, yes there will be spikes, and yes your post was stupid. Just wait until Donnie packs 'em in starting next week with maskless dummies.

There will not be anywhere near the #'s that you guys are putting out there every single fucking day !

What difference would that make? I'd be safer in a massive outdoor crowd with 98% masked people, than at an indoor crowd with 20,000 idiots who want to show Dear Leader how "tough" they are by going maskless.

And LoL - Did you see Donnie's disclaimer? :auiqs.jpg:

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury."

You can't open your hair salon, but you're totally ok to have a city approved march of packed in sweaty screamers.
If you are Oregon too you know how Portland gives Antifa radicals a nice base to operate from.
The mayor keeps the police off their backs and as long as they don't beat people too hard (Andy Ngo)
they can operate with impunity. Not just with impunity but with Ted Wheeler's blessings.

I'm sure the covid virus is the least of the mob's concerns and we all know social distancing is just something that's used to keep churches and hair dressers in their place. If you are in a SJW mob member you don't need to give a damn about the Covid virus.

Ted Wheeler fits Portland to a 'T'. I made an oath a # of years ago to never spend another dime inside of Portland city limits. So far, I've been able to stick with it. Why any business would locate in the downtown area of Portland is beyond me. Between Aunt Teefa and the bums, the place stinks to heaven.

Portland rocks. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, especially when the sun shines. You should stay in Hermiston (or whatever hellhole you reside) and OUT of Portland ;)

There were quite a few homeless panhandlers when I lived there all through the 90's. There are homeless in every medium to large city in the country. You stayed in the wrong part of town. Probably downtown part east of the Willamette or around Burnside on the west.

I've been back for business many times since moving in 2001 and living 90 minutes away out on the coast, I've stayed many times since.

Not once have in 30 years have I ever smelled urine and feces, but I know where to stay. Sounds a tad right wingesque and while possible, rather doubt your contention. Were you staying at a hotel under the Burnside Bridge? ;)

What difference would that make? I'd be safer in a massive outdoor crowd with 98% masked people, than at an indoor crowd with 20,000 idiots who want to show Dear Leader how "tough" they are by going maskless.

And LoL - Did you see Donnie's disclaimer? :auiqs.jpg:

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury."

Yeah, you go right ahead and laugh. Just remember though, you are endorsing literally millions of people coast to coast rubbing shoulders now on a daily basis.

There were quite a few homeless panhandlers when I lived there all through the 90's. There are homeless in every medium to large city in the country. You stayed in the wrong part of town. Probably downtown part east of the Willamette or around Burnside on the west.

I've been back for business many times since moving in 2001 and living 90 minutes away out on the coast, I've stayed many times since.

Not once have in 30 years have I ever smelled urine and feces, but I know where to stay. Sounds a tad right wingesque and while possible, rather doubt your contention. Were you staying at a hotel under the Burnside Bridge? ;)

At the Heathman on Broadway, right next to the Schnitz. We used to go to watch the Blazers there on closed circuit TV back in the late 70's, early 80's, back then it was the Paramount Theater.

I was surprised by the condition however the rioting could have contributed to that. We picked a bad weekend, however it has left a bad taste in my mouth for what I used to think was the most beautiful city in the U.S.

At the Heathman on Broadway, right next to the Schnitz. We used to go to watch the Blazers there on closed circuit TV back in the late 70's, early 80's, back then it was the Paramount Theater.

I was surprised by the condition however the rioting could have contributed to that. We picked a bad weekend, however it has left a bad taste in my mouth for what I used to think was the most beautiful city in the U.S.

Yeah, that's only around 3 blocks from Burnside. There are some great restaurants around there but If you go again, keep it from W Main Street on south toward Portland State. If you go again, PM me and I'll give you a few tips.

I was a huge Blazer fan in the 90's. Used to run into players all the time like Clyde the Glide Drexler, Terry Porter & Jerome Kersey.

It's still a beautiful city - Actually thought about moving back, but the traffic changed my mind last few times I rented a car. It has gotten pretty bad. So I stopped renting cars and started taking The Max Light Rail. It goes pretty much everywhere now for cheap. But the Oregon Coast was pretty much in my blood.

guide-to-portland-dining-month-header-1140x630.jpg

Forum List

Back