"Look how nimble and agile they are! Wonder if squirrels ever fall out of their trees?"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
They do. One did here yesterday with a loud thud on the ground. Sat there a moment and I imagined, "Damage report!" - "Damage assesment underway Sir!" :) Ran off and up another tree seemingly fine.

But watching them in the trees here now I'm only more nervous and anxious watching them. Especially when they leap from the thinnest branch to the adjacent tree. Gasp every time. :)

They do. One did here yesterday with a loud thud on the ground. Sat there a moment and I imagined, "Damage report!" - "Damage assesment underway Sir!" :) Ran off and up another tree seemingly fine.

But watching them in the trees here now I'm only more nervous and anxious watching them. Especially when they leap from the thinnest branch to the adjacent tree. Gasp every time. :)
Sitting on my front porch I have seen a squirrel fall off a limb from 20' three times in the past two years. When I hear a "thud" I see him laying there a few seconds, then sit up, shake his head a few times like "WTF happened?" and wander off.

Forum List

Back