looking for battery overhead indoor light

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..I'm looking for an indoor battery operated light for above my sink ....any ideas? all I see on the inet is motion activated

1636410873399.png

Try RV lights. 12VDC system.

*****SMILE*****

:)

..I'm looking for an indoor battery operated light for above my sink ....any ideas? all I see on the inet is motion activated

Harbor Freight (among others) have those little battery powered lights that are designed like a light switch that are surprisingly bright. I really have no idea how long the batteries last but you could try the rechargeable batteries in them to save some long term money. I have a few someone gave me for power outages. Haven't had to change the batteries yet.

I want battery operated..are they?

I think so. Most RVs have a 100Ah battery that supplies 12VDC to the circuits.

Maybe someone on the board owns a camper? I don't because I don't like dragging that kind of weight behind my vehicle unless I have too. I'll find a nice hotel or cabin, with a kitchenette if possible, if I want to go somewhere for a few nights.

I've been buying cheap solar panels, and just bought a small 400 watt wind turbine generator, to charge the 60 Ah of batteries I have. Going to see if I can cut my heating bill this year in the house. That and if I loose power it'll hopefully keep my pipes from freezing.

Was going to expand it if it works to run some lights in the rooms downstairs so there's at least a night light since they don't have windows.

That way that part of my system is off the grid if I loose power. I have a fire place, candles, and oil lamps, too.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
Go to Google and search "Above cabinet lighting battery operated -motion site:amazon.com"

Amazon does not allow NOT operators on its site, so you have to use Google.

Go to Google and search "Above cabinet lighting battery operated -motion site:amazon.com"

Amazon does not allow NOT operators on its site, so you have to use Google.
I went Amazon...I see a lot of motion detection lights ...I saw some battery lights for art work, but doesn't seem bright enough

I think so. Most RVs have a 100Ah battery that supplies 12VDC to the circuits.

Maybe someone on the board owns a camper? I don't because I don't like dragging that kind of weight behind my vehicle unless I have too. I'll find a nice hotel or cabin, with a kitchenette if possible, if I want to go somewhere for a few nights.

I've been buying cheap solar panels, and just bought a small 400 watt wind turbine generator, to charge the 60 Ah of batteries I have. Going to see if I can cut my heating bill this year in the house. That and if I loose power it'll hopefully keep my pipes from freezing.

Was going to expand it if it works to run some lights in the rooms downstairs so there's at least a night light since they don't have windows.

That way that part of my system is off the grid if I loose power. I have a fire place, candles, and oil lamps, too.

*****SMILE*****

good idea

I went Amazon...I see a lot of motion detection lights ...I saw some battery lights for art work, but doesn't seem bright enough
I found plenty of lights that were not motion detected on Amazon when I used the Google search I mentioned above.

Forum List

Back