Looking for reasonable explanations for the Paluxy River footprints.

1. The age of the dinosaurs ran from approx 225 - 65 million years ago. Accepted theory is that a large asteroid impact around 65 million years ago caused the dinos and quite a few other species to go extinct. But some early mammal species did survive, and evolution took over and basically they evolved into the myriad mammal species that are alive today, including us. However, hominids did not appear much earlier than about 5-7 million years ago, and those early hominids were more ape-like than human. It wasn't until around 200,000 years ago that Homo Sapiens appeared; there were a number of earlier versions of the Homo species, but by then the dinosaurs were long gone.

2. The Pawluxy river prints are a hoax.

3. So is the carving of a stegosaurus, or whatever it was.

4. There are something like 50 T-Rex fossils in existence, mostly parts rather than the whole skeleton. It ain't like their organic material is going to last that long without being covered up in mud or volcanic ash or something. Which makes the fossils hard to find.
You validate my point. All the evidence you just blow off without proof.

Nobody in his right mind is going to believe that human beings co-existed with dinosaurs. NOBODY. Those that do are operating with something less than a full deck of cards. Everything I said is the accepted theory of what happened to the dinos and the evolution of human beings.

As for your evidence, here you go:

Since the 1930s, dinosaur tracks have been known from the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. What makes these tracks so controversial are claims that as well as the footprints of dinosaurs, there are unmistakably human footprints in the same strata. Even creationists admit that some of them are fakes. In some of the ‘man tracks’, it is possible to make out traces of toes to the side of the ‘foot’, which suggests that they are nothing more mysterious than highly eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks. Some also show claw marks at the ‘heel’ of the print, which is another feature typical of a dinosaur footprint but not of a human footprint. In at least one footprint sequence, there is the inexplicable coincidence that dinosaur tracks and ‘human footprints’ alternate.

The Paluxy River ‘man prints’ may resemble human footprints superficially, but they lack the anatomy of real human footprints. Furthermore, dinosaurs and humans are of very different size and weight, but in the Paluxy River, tracks made by some undisputed dinosaurs and supposed humans are sunk to the same depth in the rock, which suggests that both types were made by creatures of the same general weight; there are tracks, made by different dinosaur species sunk to different depths. In the same way, the distances between footfalls of those tracks made to the same depth are spaced the same distance apart, showing that they were made by creatures with similar stride lengths.

The creationist explanation for how the two sets of tracks are found together does not quite match the scenario they propose. The creatures that made the tracks were supposed to have been running from the rising waters of the Great Flood. However, there are several thousand feet of water-deposited sedimentary rock beneath the footprints and several thousand feet on top of them, both of which ought, according to creationist beliefs about geology, have been deposited by the waters of the same Flood the creatures were fleeing. To have produced this sequence, the base rock would have to be deposited by an early ‘high tide’ of the Flood, which then receded long enough for the dinosaurs and humans to run across the valley and leave their tracks, subsequently covering them with a tidal wave that sealed them with a layer of mud, without damaging them. This sequence would have been repeated on numerous occasions, as the dinosaur and ‘human’ tracks appear in a number of superimposed layers. The biggest problem with this, of course, is the question of where the creatures had remained hidden during the early stages of the universal flood if they were rushing to higher land later. But logic never got in the way of religious dogma…

The tracks were investigated by Glen Kuban in the 1980s, whose investigations showed that the tracks are not human footprints. The supposed “manprints” were made by the same three-toed dinosaurs: they appear to be human because only the middle toe is visible. In a number of cases, “manprints” have subsequently eroded to show their true origin. The TalkOrigins website has a very detailed sub-webdealing with the ‘manprints’.

The Paluxy River ‘footprints’ - Bad Archaeology

Close-up of the tracks

As for the stegosaurus, read this and tell me you really think mankind co-existed with that dinosaur

Stegosaur Carving on a Cambodian Temple? by Glen Kuban
I have touched it, have you?

Every inch of the complexes (which covers the size of Manhatten) have carvings. All of which look like the creatures they represent except for the Hindu creatures. And this is not a Hindu creature.

LOL, touching it makes you an expert? I can't tell if you are really this gullible or whether you're just stirring shit up. Maybe it's both.

1. The age of the dinosaurs ran from approx 225 - 65 million years ago. Accepted theory is that a large asteroid impact around 65 million years ago caused the dinos and quite a few other species to go extinct. But some early mammal species did survive, and evolution took over and basically they evolved into the myriad mammal species that are alive today, including us. However, hominids did not appear much earlier than about 5-7 million years ago, and those early hominids were more ape-like than human. It wasn't until around 200,000 years ago that Homo Sapiens appeared; there were a number of earlier versions of the Homo species, but by then the dinosaurs were long gone.

2. The Pawluxy river prints are a hoax.

3. So is the carving of a stegosaurus, or whatever it was.

4. There are something like 50 T-Rex fossils in existence, mostly parts rather than the whole skeleton. It ain't like their organic material is going to last that long without being covered up in mud or volcanic ash or something. Which makes the fossils hard to find.

Nobody in his right mind is going to believe that human beings co-existed with dinosaurs. NOBODY. Those that do are operating with something less than a full deck of cards. Everything I said is the accepted theory of what happened to the dinos and the evolution of human beings.

Since the 1930s, dinosaur tracks have been known from the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. What makes these tracks so controversial are claims that as well as the footprints of dinosaurs, there are unmistakably human footprints in the same strata. Even creationists admit that some of them are fakes. In some of the ‘man tracks’, it is possible to make out traces of toes to the side of the ‘foot’, which suggests that they are nothing more mysterious than highly eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks. Some also show claw marks at the ‘heel’ of the print, which is another feature typical of a dinosaur footprint but not of a human footprint. In at least one footprint sequence, there is the inexplicable coincidence that dinosaur tracks and ‘human footprints’ alternate.

The Paluxy River ‘man prints’ may resemble human footprints superficially, but they lack the anatomy of real human footprints. Furthermore, dinosaurs and humans are of very different size and weight, but in the Paluxy River, tracks made by some undisputed dinosaurs and supposed humans are sunk to the same depth in the rock, which suggests that both types were made by creatures of the same general weight; there are tracks, made by different dinosaur species sunk to different depths. In the same way, the distances between footfalls of those tracks made to the same depth are spaced the same distance apart, showing that they were made by creatures with similar stride lengths.

The creationist explanation for how the two sets of tracks are found together does not quite match the scenario they propose. The creatures that made the tracks were supposed to have been running from the rising waters of the Great Flood. However, there are several thousand feet of water-deposited sedimentary rock beneath the footprints and several thousand feet on top of them, both of which ought, according to creationist beliefs about geology, have been deposited by the waters of the same Flood the creatures were fleeing. To have produced this sequence, the base rock would have to be deposited by an early ‘high tide’ of the Flood, which then receded long enough for the dinosaurs and humans to run across the valley and leave their tracks, subsequently covering them with a tidal wave that sealed them with a layer of mud, without damaging them. This sequence would have been repeated on numerous occasions, as the dinosaur and ‘human’ tracks appear in a number of superimposed layers. The biggest problem with this, of course, is the question of where the creatures had remained hidden during the early stages of the universal flood if they were rushing to higher land later. But logic never got in the way of religious dogma…

The tracks were investigated by Glen Kuban in the 1980s, whose investigations showed that the tracks are not human footprints. The supposed “manprints” were made by the same three-toed dinosaurs: they appear to be human because only the middle toe is visible. In a number of cases, “manprints” have subsequently eroded to show their true origin. The TalkOrigins website has a very detailed sub-webdealing with the ‘manprints’.

Close-up of the tracks

As for the stegosaurus, read this and tell me you really think mankind co-existed with that dinosaur

Every inch of the complexes (which covers the size of Manhatten) have carvings. All of which look like the creatures they represent except for the Hindu creatures. And this is not a Hindu creature.

LOL, touching it makes you an expert? I can't tell if you are really this gullible or whether you're just stirring shit up. Maybe it's both.
I can sure tell if something is as old as everything around it.

Like all the other evidence shown in this thread, you toss it out without justification simply because it threatens what they tell you to parrot.

Close-up of the tracks

Like all the other evidence shown in this thread, you toss it out without justification simply because it threatens what they tell you to parrot.

LOL, so I should ignore all those respected and credentialed scientists in favor of a guy who can touch something and tell how old it is. 'K.

Actual video of the man who made those tracks

giphy.gif

Close-up of the tracks

LOL, so I should ignore all those respected and credentialed scientists in favor of a guy who can touch something and tell how old it is. 'K.
I'm saying take no ones word for anything. Use an open mind. Look at the evidence and draw your own conclusions. Don't start with dinosaurs were 70 million years ago, that's a bias.

There is no threat to my faith with a billion year old earth. But my interest in geology and archeology has me outside the box of what they teach in schools.

I'm saying take no ones word for anything. Use an open mind. Look at the evidence and draw your own conclusions. Don't start with dinosaurs were 70 million years ago, that's a bias.

There is no threat to my faith with a billion year old earth. But my interest in geology and archeology has me outside the box of what they teach in schools.
Fundamentalists will tell you you are going to hell for believing the earth is older than 6000 years old.

Just saying...

It gets frustrating.

Fundamentalists will tell you you are going to hell for believing the earth is older than 6000 years old.

Just saying...

It gets frustrating.
BS. I'm a fundamentalist and I've never heard that in my life.

Claiming dinosaurs were 70 million years ago is not a bias. It is supported by substantial scientific evidence
There is no evidence of man being around even one million years ago

Just saying...

It gets frustrating.
I have been told that.

Just saying...

It gets frustrating.
I have been told that.
So? Lots of people make up lies about what the Bible says. Mormon faith is built upon such lies.

Claiming dinosaurs were 70 million years ago is not a bias. It is supported by substantial scientific evidence
There is no evidence of man being around even one million years ago
How old that fossil?
70 million years
How do you know that?
The rocks there are that old.
How do you know the rocks are that old?
It has a 70 million year old fossil in it.

Read it, studied it, had it hammered into me in college. What you stated is wrong, sorry.
So we can't tell what strain a virus is from DNA? Pfft

Yes, we can.
So your argument fails. Their DNA is not changing.

No, sorry, my argument is intact, your logic fails. One does not logically exclude the other.
Link away.

There's a link about logical fallacies? I mean other than a dictionary?

A dozen finds? Not sure what that means.

From what I have read in regards to the fossilization (there are more than a few processes) process, it takes very specific conditions for it to happen.

It has been suggested that all of these T rexes along with millions of other dinosaurs from thousands upon thousands of different species were wiped out a couple thousand years ago. Covered by mud, which according to some is all that needs to be done for fossilization to happen.

Six T rexes?

Something is not making sense here, at all.
Neither does soft tissue in a dinosaur bone.

When have we found soft tissue in a dinosaur bone? That's news to me. There is that foot from a prehistoric bird, but I'm not aware of another.
Here's a link with the official spin, for which I say pffftt.

Controversial T. Rex Soft Tissue Find Finally Explained

Interesting, that was news to me. Looks like it was the iron that preserved it. The theory does still have its detractors among the science community. It still changes nothing really.
Put raw iron outside for a week and tell us what happens

Put raw iron in a bucket of oil and leave it for 1000 years, there will be no rust. Rust needs oxygen.

Neither does soft tissue in a dinosaur bone.

When have we found soft tissue in a dinosaur bone? That's news to me. There is that foot from a prehistoric bird, but I'm not aware of another.

Interesting, that was news to me. Looks like it was the iron that preserved it. The theory does still have its detractors among the science community. It still changes nothing really.

Put raw iron in a bucket of oil and leave it for 1000 years, there will be no rust. Rust needs oxygen.
We are talking microscopic amounts. The oxygen in a T. rex body is plenty needed for oxidation.

So we can't tell what strain a virus is from DNA? Pfft

Yes, we can.

No, sorry, my argument is intact, your logic fails. One does not logically exclude the other.
Link away.

Like I said, you can't support your position because it's wrong.

We are talking microscopic amounts. The oxygen in a T. rex body is plenty needed for oxidation.

No, likely since the creature died, there was very little oxygen in its body.

3 guesses at what the O in H2O stands for.

Yes, we can.

Link away.

Like I said, you can't support your position because it's wrong.

I don't have to prove it because you didn't yet disprove it. Your answer is illogical and wrong. Try again. Otherwise I am right. And by the way, I am.

3 guesses at what the O in H2O stands for.

You actually think that the the bound oxygen in water causes rust?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back