Looks Like Marvel have it's FIRST $2 BILLION Epic - Spiderman Homecoming

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Spider-Man: Homecoming

I predict Spiderman breaks the $2 Bil mark.

What makes a billion dollar superhero movie:
(1) Arguably the most iconic superhero of all time in Spiderman. Right there with Batman and Superman.
(2) The current Spiderman had an awesome first showing in CA3
(3) MCU movie
(4) No real competition. Transformers and the Mummy are duds, WW been out for some time and nothing opens up over the next few weeks that will compete (that as by design, DC and any other studio didn't want to go up against Spiderman)
(4) Huge movie and holiday weekend
(5) Robert Dowe Jr Ironman will provide a bump
(6) Awesome Villain with truly great casting in Michael Keaton
(7) Highly rated by the critics - 91% on rottentomatoes.

I personally can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't see it. Only 3 movies have ever hit the $2 billion mark, none of them comic book movies. The Avengers is the top comic book movie with a worldwide gross of $1.518 billion. I don't think Spider-Man will be that by $500 million.

I think Marvel will be thrilled if Homecoming hits $1 billion.

I don't see it. Only 3 movies have ever hit the $2 billion mark, none of them comic book movies. The Avengers is the top comic book movie with a worldwide gross of $1.518 billion. I don't think Spider-Man will be that by $500 million.

Lol $2 Bil is a stretch, but $500? It is guaranteed $1 Bil. It will pass $500 mil opening weekend.

I collected Spiderman comics (still have a few) as a kid so I am pretty excited.

I love spider man but only collect the Amazing Spiderman series. Its still going to be cool to see and Spiderman never does bad...The 3rd Spiderman broke all box office records and at one time was the movie to beat. So one can only hope.

(1) Arguably the most iconic superhero of all time in Spiderman. Right there with Batman and Superman.
(3) MCU movie
(4) No real competition. Transformers and the Mummy are duds, WW been out for some time and nothing opens up over the next few weeks that will compete (that as by design, DC and any other studio didn't want to go up against Spiderman)

I personally can't wait

I'm going to skip this one and I am a long time Spidey fan

You don't fuck with the origin story

I wait for most films to stream. Most aren't worth a trip to the theater.

I'll see Valerian on the big screen, and probably IT and Dunkirk. Maybe The Dark Tower.

Lol $2 Bil is a stretch, but $500? It is guaranteed $1 Bil. It will pass $500 mil opening weekend.

I collected Spiderman comics (still have a few) as a kid so I am pretty excited.

You misunderstand. I think there is little doubt that Homecoming will make $500 million. I don't think it will do $500 million more than Avengers did, which is what it needs to reach $2 billion.

I'll see Valerian on the big screen, and probably IT and Dunkirk. Maybe The Dark Tower.

LOL, there's a list of movies I'm not excited about. :p

Of the 4, I think Dunkirk has the most potential. Valerian looks to me like it will be too focused on CGI, IT and The Dark Tower are too likely to screw up which parts of the source material they use and which they don't (particularly The Dark Tower, taking an 8 book series and trying to condense it into a single movie), Dunkirk might well be great. I'll watch them all, but they probably won't draw me to a movie theater. I'd be more likely to go see Spider Man, actually. :)

I love spider man but only collect the Amazing Spiderman series. Its still going to be cool to see and Spiderman never does bad...The 3rd Spiderman broke all box office records and at one time was the movie to beat. So one can only hope.

While I did not think Spiderman 3 was as bad as advertised it was pretty bad, but not as bad as the Amazing Spiderman reboot, which made a ton also.

(3) MCU movie

I personally can't wait

The original story has been done twice over and the goblin was getting old.

I still love going to the movies. Delicious popcorn, the seats are so comfortable now and it is just relaxing after a long week.

For me:
IT - the reason I road my bike in the middle of the street and the reason I am still afraid of sewer! Must see.
Dark Tower, War for the Planet of the Apes, Thor 3, Spiderman and Dunkirk

You misunderstand. I think there is little doubt that Homecoming will make $500 million. I don't think it will do $500 million more than Avengers did, which is what it needs to reach $2 billion.

It will definitely hit $1 bil. I think it could end up near or around Civil War

Why isn't Spiderman amazing anymore? :bye1:

I think Dunkirk is the only one I'll go to the movies for. The superhero movies of the last ten years are all hyperbolic action all the time with the sound track as loud as the speakers can handle. Enough with that, I'll be glad when these movies get back to action where it's warranted to tell the story.

Why isn't Spiderman amazing anymore? :bye1:

I think Dunkirk is the only one I'll go to the movies for. The superhero movies of the last ten years are all hyperbolic action all the time with the sound track as loud as the speakers can handle. Enough with that, I'll be glad when these movies get back to action where it's warranted to tell the story.

See the trailer for war of the planet of the apes? Look awesome. Early reviews are confirming it

While I did not think Spiderman 3 was as bad as advertised it was pretty bad, but not as bad as the Amazing Spiderman reboot, which made a ton also.

I do love spiderman..and people might not appreciate the movies. But they are spiderman, come on.

Either way it is going to be a banner year for the MCU. They have never went over $2 bil and they will shadder it:
(1) GoG 2 is at $850 mil and will finish probably at $860
(2) Spiderman is predicted to do as well as CA3 at $1.1 bil
(3) Thor 3 is predicted to do $750 mil. However, it it get good rating, people are pretty excited for a Thor and Hulk team up. I know I am. It could be $1 bil.

Either way:
$860 mil + $1.1 bil + $750 mil = $2.71 bil

If both Spiderman and Thor over achieve like I thing they will, then a $3 bil year isn't out of the equation.

(3) MCU movie

I personally can't wait

The original story has been done twice over and the goblin was getting old.

which is why it didn't need to be bastardized and done again.

Forum List

Back