Lot’s a money going to Illinois some for a pension bailout

This is disgraceful, yet another example of the Chicago Way.

Don't be surprised when the democrats now claim the reason why the state is F'ed up is because "Trump refused to meet our needs."

To hell with 'em.

Like I said in another thread dem governors will use this for their bloated and irresponsible financial situation

If you like that, look what the Republican Senate tucked into the last Corona stimulus for people making over a million dollars a year. 43,000 Taxpayers to get a break that averages $1.7 Million Dollars apiece.
How Some Rich Americans Are Getting Stimulus ‘Checks’ Averaging $1.7 Million
A $1.7 million stimulus check?
While wealthy Americans are not eligible for the comparatively measly $1,200 stimulus checks that are now being disbursed to many Americans, they are on pace to do even better. 43,000 taxpayers, who earn more than $1 million annually, are each set to receive a $1.7 million windfall, on average, thanks to a provision buried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. How Some Rich Americans Are Getting Stimulus ‘Checks’ Averaging $1.7 Million

In light of this, at the moment, I cannot work up any righteous indignation for $10 Billion to stabilize pension plans. My phone says the dollars of the break written of in the Forbe article is $7.31 to the 10th power. Has to do with pass through businesses of these 43,000 select million dollar plus per year earners. I am no accountant, but apparently they hire some great ones, and of course the kindly eye or Moscow Mitch and the Republican Senate. Cheers! :cool:

Like I said in another thread dem governors will use this for their bloated and irresponsible financial situation

GIve em twice as much for unemployment than they asked and then burn the request... In Chicago they'll find a way to pilfer that over to their "pension fund"...

If you like that, look what the Republican Senate tucked into the last Corona stimulus for people making over a million dollars a year. 43,000 Taxpayers to get a break that averages $1.7 Million Dollars apiece.
While wealthy Americans are not eligible for the comparatively measly $1,200 stimulus checks that are now being disbursed to many Americans, they are on pace to do even better. 43,000 taxpayers, who earn more than $1 million annually, are each set to receive a $1.7 million windfall, on average, thanks to a provision buried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. How Some Rich Americans Are Getting Stimulus ‘Checks’ Averaging $1.7 Million

In light of this, at the moment, I cannot work up any righteous indignation for $10 Billion to stabilize pension plans. My phone says the dollars of the break written of in the Forbe article is $7.31 to the 10th power. Has to do with pass through businesses of these 43,000 select million dollar plus per year earners. I am no accountant, but apparently they hire some great ones, and of course the kindly eye or Moscow Mitch and the Republican Senate. Cheers! :cool:

In light of this, at the moment, I cannot work up any righteous indignation for $10 Billion to stabilize pension plans.

Illinois is almost $200 billion short in pension and retirement related funding.
Stabilize? LOL!

In light of this, at the moment, I cannot work up any righteous indignation for $10 Billion to stabilize pension plans.

Illinois is almost $200 billion short in pension and retirement related funding.
Stabilize? LOL!
You are probably quite correct. The article only mentioned state lawmaker wanting10 Billion for pensions. $10 Billion is just a drop in the bucket, compared to what the Republican Senate stuck in for 43,000 individuals, mentioned in the Forbes Article. I certainly do not have an hair to pull out for the piddling $10 Billion if the people of this board have no problem with with the $1.7 Million average payout to 43,000 wealthy Americans needing relief. Kind of doubt most of those pensioners have $1.7 Million dollars in their retirement account, whereas the recipients of the Senate Relief make over $1 Million a year, so obviously they need a bailout? Yea, Right. :)

Stabilize? LOL!
You are probably quite correct. The article only mentioned state lawmaker wanting10 Billion for pensions. $10 Billion is just a drop in the bucket, compared to what the Republican Senate stuck in for 43,000 individuals, mentioned in the Forbes Article. I certainly do not have an hair to pull out for the piddling $10 Billion if the people of this board have no problem with with the $1.7 Million average payout to 43,000 wealthy Americans needing relief. Kind of doubt most of those pensioners have $1.7 Million dollars in their retirement account, whereas the recipients of the Senate Relief make over $1 Million a year, so obviously they need a bailout? Yea, Right. :)

$10 Billion is just a drop in the bucket,

Compared to the $200 billion, and getting deeper every year, hole the state has dug itself...yup!

$1.7 Million average payout to 43,000 wealthy Americans needing relief

Yes, allowing people to fully write-off their losses......just atrocious! LOL!

Stabilize? LOL!

Compared to the $200 billion, and getting deeper every year, hole the state has dug itself...yup!

Yep, and an important part of the the Corona virus relief bill to every good trump voter on this board, especially during a national medical emergency crises as declared by the President and put into the emergency legislation by Mitch and the Republican controlled Senate. Probably why the President has bragged so much about the stimulus package.

Stabilize? LOL!

Yep, and an important part of the the Corona virus relief bill to every good trump voter on this board, especially during a national medical emergency crises as declared by the President and put into the emergency legislation by Mitch and the Republican controlled Senate. Probably why the President has bragged so much about the stimulus package.

$70 billion, meh, not that important.

Stabilize? LOL!

beat me to it

it is a tax cut

the article and title from Forbes is misleading

Stabilize? LOL!

beat me to it

it is a tax cut

the article and title from Forbes is misleading
And the perfect time to pass it is as part of the Corona Virus emergency package. Of course, makes as much sense as $10 Billion for pensions. Besides, it many times more than the pension money, the huge tax break was put into the emergency relief bill by the Republican Senate and gives millionaires a reason to donate to the president, almost like a pass through from the government back into the president's campaign, so it's all good. I get it. Fine. Should I rage about the $10 billion for pensions, or is it socially acceptable to not let it work me up?

Forum List

Back