Louie Gohmert calls for RICO probe to find out who's paying for Honduras migrant caravan

I show "malice" because I point out that Democrats didn't address immigration reform when they controlled Washington? Kindly explain why they didn't?

You on the left have taken a "sticky wicket" issue and politicized it! Why? Because you think it's something you can use against the GOP to keep the Hispanic vote. "Stealing children"? Perfect example of what I'm talking about!
Oh, please! Yes ..STEALING CHILDREN! What else do you call it? And now the pot/kettle argument of why-didn't-Regan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama-fix-it. They all tried to take steps. I don't have a thumb-tip history, but I remember that all Obama could get from the McConnell Senate and Boehner House is DACA and incessant stonewalling.

But that was then and this is now. What are we going to do NOW? I want to sort thru the applicants and you want to send in the US Army. See any chance of a compromise there?

So when parents break the law and have their children removed from their custody...something that happens every single day all across America...is that the authorities "stealing" their children? Obviously not! So what's different about this? It's not been politicized...that's what! By the way...those same children that you deem to have been "stolen" from their parents very likely had just been put in danger by those very same parents when they made the journey to come to America! When we removed them from their parents they were fed, clothed, housed in air conditioned and safe lodging and even schooled! The truth is...most of those kids have never been treated BETTER than they were when they were "stolen"!

As for your claim that it was the McConnell Senate and the Boehner House that kept Democrats from passing immigration reform? That is LAUGHABLE! Democrats controlled the House! Democrats controlled the Senate! Democrats controlled the White House! They passed ObamaCare and the GOP was powerless to stop it! So why didn't they also pass immigration reform? Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO USE IMMIGRATION AGAINST THE GOP!!!
I think you got your first paragraph from German archives. I think that's what they told themselves when they 'absorbed' Polish (blond) children and placed them in German homes.

You've made the so-called "Obamacare" (the ACA) into a thing of Republican-led contempt and only wanted to stop it because you feared Obama's popularity. Republican added some 60 amendments that were compromised into the bill and then all voted against it, making it crystal clear that McConnell did a little adjusting among his troops. Did it ever occur to you most folks wanted it, even knowing it was imperfect. It was still better than what they had. I also think that in spite of the Republican ads about keeping pre-existing conditions that are lies because they are suing to allow insurers to charge more even as they tell you otherwise, I guess you think that one will go over big in Duptopia too?

LOL...so now I'm a Nazi because I point out that the children separated from their parents were probably treated better by us...than they were by their parents? I wish you on the left would lay off all the Nazi references...it's ridiculous and makes you look foolish!
Actually, most folks do lay off the Nazi references. But I cannot help but get chills since I grew up in that period. And I so regret that new generations have grown that do not remember the results of an event that began so similar to today's political climate. When I see a Trump Rally, I cannot help but think of Nuremberg. I remember seeing the adoration on the faces of the crowd as he spoke while he gathered power over the people and surrounded himself with willing confederates. Those who spoke out died first.
Oldstyle, there's a place in the Bible that I quote to myself a lot from the Book of Exodus.
You know the story...about how Joseph got sent to Egypt and worked his way up to Pharoah's BFF because of his wisdom and saving the King's butt by being prepared for famine. But the first chapter of Exodus has one line that explains the whole misery that followed for the line of Jacob. It says, 'and there rose up a Pharoah who knew not Joseph'.

When I look at today's divisiveness and chaos and continual discord here in the land of e pluribus unum, I think of that line.... when I wonder how a land of highest intellect and culture and schools could devolve into the monster of the 20th century, and then look around at seeming parallels..I bite the bullet for the scorn I know you will spew at reminders that there rose up a generation that knew not how the holocaust all began.

I'm curious...did the adoration on the faces of the crowd when Barack Obama spoke give you the same chills? Or is it just adoration on the faces of people who aren't liberals that make you "chilly"? (eye roll)

I show "malice" because I point out that Democrats didn't address immigration reform when they controlled Washington? Kindly explain why they didn't?

You on the left have taken a "sticky wicket" issue and politicized it! Why? Because you think it's something you can use against the GOP to keep the Hispanic vote. "Stealing children"? Perfect example of what I'm talking about!
Oh, please! Yes ..STEALING CHILDREN! What else do you call it? And now the pot/kettle argument of why-didn't-Regan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama-fix-it. They all tried to take steps. I don't have a thumb-tip history, but I remember that all Obama could get from the McConnell Senate and Boehner House is DACA and incessant stonewalling.

But that was then and this is now. What are we going to do NOW? I want to sort thru the applicants and you want to send in the US Army. See any chance of a compromise there?

So when parents break the law and have their children removed from their custody...something that happens every single day all across America...is that the authorities "stealing" their children? Obviously not! So what's different about this? It's not been politicized...that's what! By the way...those same children that you deem to have been "stolen" from their parents very likely had just been put in danger by those very same parents when they made the journey to come to America! When we removed them from their parents they were fed, clothed, housed in air conditioned and safe lodging and even schooled! The truth is...most of those kids have never been treated BETTER than they were when they were "stolen"!

As for your claim that it was the McConnell Senate and the Boehner House that kept Democrats from passing immigration reform? That is LAUGHABLE! Democrats controlled the House! Democrats controlled the Senate! Democrats controlled the White House! They passed ObamaCare and the GOP was powerless to stop it! So why didn't they also pass immigration reform? Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO USE IMMIGRATION AGAINST THE GOP!!!
I think you got your first paragraph from German archives. I think that's what they told themselves when they 'absorbed' Polish (blond) children and placed them in German homes.

You've made the so-called "Obamacare" (the ACA) into a thing of Republican-led contempt and only wanted to stop it because you feared Obama's popularity. Republican added some 60 amendments that were compromised into the bill and then all voted against it, making it crystal clear that McConnell did a little adjusting among his troops. Did it ever occur to you most folks wanted it, even knowing it was imperfect. It was still better than what they had. I also think that in spite of the Republican ads about keeping pre-existing conditions that are lies because they are suing to allow insurers to charge more even as they tell you otherwise, I guess you think that one will go over big in Duptopia too?

LOL...so now I'm a Nazi because I point out that the children separated from their parents were probably treated better by us...than they were by their parents? I wish you on the left would lay off all the Nazi references...it's ridiculous and makes you look foolish!
Actually, most folks do lay off the Nazi references. But I cannot help but get chills since I grew up in that period. And I so regret that new generations have grown that do not remember the results of an event that began so similar to today's political climate. When I see a Trump Rally, I cannot help but think of Nuremberg. I remember seeing the adoration on the faces of the crowd as he spoke while he gathered power over the people and surrounded himself with willing confederates. Those who spoke out died first.
Oldstyle, there's a place in the Bible that I quote to myself a lot from the Book of Exodus.
You know the story...about how Joseph got sent to Egypt and worked his way up to Pharoah's BFF because of his wisdom and saving the King's butt by being prepared for famine. But the first chapter of Exodus has one line that explains the whole misery that followed for the line of Jacob. It says, 'and there rose up a Pharoah who knew not Joseph'.

When I look at today's divisiveness and chaos and continual discord here in the land of e pluribus unum, I think of that line.... when I wonder how a land of highest intellect and culture and schools could devolve into the monster of the 20th century, and then look around at seeming parallels..I bite the bullet for the scorn I know you will spew at reminders that there rose up a generation that knew not how the holocaust all began.

What do Donald J. Trump's policies have to do with the holocaust? That's the most absurd analogy I've heard on here in a LONG time! There was divisiveness and discord before Trump even decided to run! Has it gotten worse since Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in what was a shocking election to you on the left? Oh yeah!!! I hate to break this to you, Bullwinkle...but that's happening because you progressives are poor losers! REALLY POOR LOSERS!!! You can't seem to grasp that the electorate wasn't on board with your agenda...don't like the leaders of your party very much...and are starting to view you as the Party of Smear! That's on YOU...not on Donald Trump!

I'm curious...did the adoration on the faces of the crowd when Barack Obama spoke give you the same chills? Or is it just adoration on the faces of people who aren't liberals that make you "chilly"? (eye roll)
Nope, I didn't get concerned 'chills' re Obama. I may think that the chest-clutching devotion I saw on some was a bit overboard, but most of it was youngsters who feel everything a little deeper than their more experienced elders. However, the key is the message they are hearing. I also get that same feeling I saw on our kids when Obama get elected of 'chill thrill' when I hear "Amazing Grace" or the " Battle Hymn of the Republic" by a good voice or group of voices.

Oldstyle, you agree with the message Trump is tossing like paper towels to he devotees, but if you could stretch enough to step into my shoes you would hear the same old 'aryan' message our fathers heard of everything to restrictions on some citizens (voter suppression), the cultish adoration of a person, the slow building of a conforming exec branch force (Newt Gingrich Suggests Kavanaugh Could Block Democratic Bid To Get Trump's Tax Returns).

You will point out that there has always been voter suppression of some kind or another. Yes, but did you notice that the American Congress addressed that and that the SCOTUS decided that certain States who used this ploy to keep a status quo were UnConstitutional. Now Scotus says we don't need those laws anymore so the rolled back the laws ensuring every citizen has that right...and look what we now got..an in-your-face attempt in GA and ND to prevent votes.

I am not especially bright, and I am a child of my environment knowing my views are what I see and might be different if chance had placed me somewhere else with different background. But I have tried to be honest in what I see in Trump, and he scares the crap out of me. Not because of what he is, the world is full of guys like him. But because of guys like you who hear his lies, see him change 180 daily, and just don't care. He doesn't just say things that don't happen for cause...he lies thru his teeth, and none of his devotees care, as he attempts to re-inforce his hold on DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA and now SCOTUS.

What do Donald J. Trump's policies have to do with the holocaust? That's the most absurd analogy I've heard on here in a LONG time! There was divisiveness and discord before Trump even decided to run! Has it gotten worse since Trump defeated Hillary Clinton in what was a shocking election to you on the left? Oh yeah!!! I hate to break this to you, Bullwinkle...but that's happening because you progressives are poor losers! REALLY POOR LOSERS!!! You can't seem to grasp that the electorate wasn't on board with your agenda...don't like the leaders of your party very much...and are starting to view you as the Party of Smear! That's on YOU...not on Donald Trump!
Your disagreement is noted, and evidently I do not have the capacity to explain to you. But I will point out that Hillary didn't lose..she got out-gerrymandered.

Your disagreement is noted, and evidently I do not have the capacity to explain to you. But I will point out that Hillary didn't lose..she got out-gerrymandered.

Ah, Gerrymandering is something that comes into play with House races not Presidential races, Bullwinkle. Hillary lost because Hillary was a really flawed candidate who ran a really flawed campaign. She did in fact lose.

Ah, Gerrymandering is something that comes into play with House races not Presidential races, Bullwinkle. Hillary lost because Hillary was a really flawed candidate who ran a really flawed campaign. She did in fact lose.

Yup. Worst campaign I've ever seen. She pretty much beat herself.

Oh and Bullwinkle should know that both parties gerrymander.

Nope, I didn't get concerned 'chills' re Obama. I may think that the chest-clutching devotion I saw on some was a bit overboard, but most of it was youngsters who feel everything a little deeper than their more experienced elders. However, the key is the message they are hearing. I also get that same feeling I saw on our kids when Obama get elected of 'chill thrill' when I hear "Amazing Grace" or the " Battle Hymn of the Republic" by a good voice or group of voices.

Oldstyle, you agree with the message Trump is tossing like paper towels to he devotees, but if you could stretch enough to step into my shoes you would hear the same old 'aryan' message our fathers heard of everything to restrictions on some citizens (voter suppression), the cultish adoration of a person, the slow building of a conforming exec branch force (Newt Gingrich Suggests Kavanaugh Could Block Democratic Bid To Get Trump's Tax Returns).

You will point out that there has always been voter suppression of some kind or another. Yes, but did you notice that the American Congress addressed that and that the SCOTUS decided that certain States who used this ploy to keep a status quo were UnConstitutional. Now Scotus says we don't need those laws anymore so the rolled back the laws ensuring every citizen has that right...and look what we now got..an in-your-face attempt in GA and ND to prevent votes.

I am not especially bright, and I am a child of my environment knowing my views are what I see and might be different if chance had placed me somewhere else with different background. But I have tried to be honest in what I see in Trump, and he scares the crap out of me. Not because of what he is, the world is full of guys like him. But because of guys like you who hear his lies, see him change 180 daily, and just don't care. He doesn't just say things that don't happen for cause...he lies thru his teeth, and none of his devotees care, as he attempts to re-inforce his hold on DOJ/FBI/CIA/NSA and now SCOTUS.

You think the Trump Presidency is "scary"? Really? Has he used the IRS against his political opponents? Barack Obama did! Has he used FISA court warrants to spy on his political opponents? Obama did! Has he used Executive Orders to do an end run around Congress? Obama routinely did! So why is the Trump Presidency "scary" to you? Because he's doing good things with the economy? Because unemployment is at historically low levels? Because he's reworked trade agreements that were bad for Americans and replaced them with ones that are better for us? Because he wants to make our border secure and actually reform an immigration system that anyone with even a dollop of common sense admits is broken?

Bullwinkle doesn't appear to understand what Gerrymandering is. It's something that politicians in power do to make it harder for challengers to defeat them in an election. Both parties do it and have for a long time but in order to do so...you have to be the party in power in your State.

Adoration? Hardly. He's just the Former President of the United States.

You think the Trump Presidency is "scary"? Really? Has he used the IRS against his political opponents? Barack Obama did! Has he used FISA court warrants to spy on his political opponents? Obama did! Has he used Executive Orders to do an end run around Congress? Obama routinely did! So why is the Trump Presidency "scary" to you? Because he's doing good things with the economy? Because unemployment is at historically low levels? Because he's reworked trade agreements that were bad for Americans and replaced them with ones that are better for us? Because he wants to make our border secure and actually reform an immigration system that anyone with even a dollop of common sense admits is broken?
Probably even makes the trains run on time too, right? And build autobahns.
Unemployment at low levels does not mean better off, which is the goal....to improve the quality of life thru employment. But believe me when I tell you that if you are either working, getting ready for work, or sleeping...and no time for anything else, that's existence but not living. What trade agreements have been reworked as opposed to simply being re-named? Reform the immigration system? Ha! How about eliminate it?

Lets get to the Tea party talking points you cite...The IRS against political opponents, like who? And you overlook the XO master we now enrich to slam Obama? FISA Court warrants to spy on political opponents? Yeah, sure! Except all this is little more than unproven Fox talking points and screeches from people and orgs mad about being investigated even though they were NOT charged or prosecuted.

Bullwinkle doesn't appear to understand what Gerrymandering is. It's something that politicians in power do to make it harder for challengers to defeat them in an election. Both parties do it and have for a long time but in order to do so...you have to be the party in power in your State.
FYI, My State has gerrymandering on the ballot this election. Our Prop 2 is to create a board to monitor against.

Unemployment at low levels does not mean better off, which is the goal....to improve the quality of life thru employment. But believe me when I tell you that if you are either working, getting ready for work, or sleeping...and no time for anything else, that's existence but not living. What trade agreements have been reworked as opposed to simply being re-named? Reform the immigration system? Ha! How about eliminate it?

Lets get to the Tea party talking points you cite...The IRS against political opponents, like who? And you overlook the XO master we now enrich to slam Obama? FISA Court warrants to spy on political opponents? Yeah, sure! Except all this is little more than unproven Fox talking points and screeches from people and orgs mad about being investigated even though they were NOT charged or prosecuted.

Unemployment at low levels doesn't mean better off? Did you just claim that? Let me explain how this works, Bullwinkle! When unemployment is high then people are forced to take whatever jobs they can get and put up with all kinds of demands from employers to keep those jobs. When unemployment is at historically low levels then employers have to compete to GET and KEEP good employees so wages go up and benefits are included!

Those would be trade agreements with the EU and trade agreements with both Canada and Mexico!

You want to eliminate the immigration system? Really? That's the dumbest thing that will be posted on this board today, Bullwinkle! Congrats...you're #1!

FYI, My State has gerrymandering on the ballot this election. Our Prop 2 is to create a board to monitor against.

Would you care to explain how Gerrymandering would affect a Presidential election? Duh?

Oh, so when members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Barry speak you don't think there was some SERIOUS adoration going on? Come on...it was an eight year long slobbering love affair with Obama and the main stream media! He's not just another President of the United States he was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media!

Unemployment at low levels doesn't mean better off? Did you just claim that? Let me explain how this works, Bullwinkle! When unemployment is high then people are forced to take whatever jobs they can get and put up with all kinds of demands from employers to keep those jobs. When unemployment is at historically low levels then employers have to compete to GET and KEEP good employees so wages go up and benefits are included!

Those would be trade agreements with the EU and trade agreements with both Canada and Mexico!

You want to eliminate the immigration system? Really? That's the dumbest thing that will be posted on this board today, Bullwinkle! Congrats...you're #1!
As usual you read me wrong. I indicated Trump wants to eliminate the immigration system to everyone except those who are content with their own countries.

Oh, so when members of the media spoke about getting a tingle up their leg when they heard Barry speak you don't think there was some SERIOUS adoration going on? Come on...it was an eight year long slobbering love affair with Obama and the main stream media! He's not just another President of the United States he was the culmination of forty years of Affirmative Action and the liberal takeover of the education system and the media!
Sheesh, one guy, Chris Mathews said that and here you are 8 years later saying memberS of the media? And have now assigned the emotion to every member not on Trump TV?

Fool. The guy in charge of the IRS under Obama was a hold over from Bush because Republicans wouldn't pass Obama's nominee. Gawd you're stupid.

Bush holdover Douglas Shulman, followed by acting commissioner Steven Miller were in charge of the IRS during the scandal. It was Obama's nominee, John Koskinen, that stopped the practice.

How come you clowns don't know anything. Just the most stupid people on earth. If you are going to make claims, make sure you have "FACTS", not "alternative facts".

Fool. The guy in charge of the IRS under Obama was a hold over from Bush because Republicans wouldn't pass Obama's nominee. Gawd you're stupid.

Bush holdover Douglas Shulman, followed by acting commissioner Steven Miller were in charge of the IRS during the scandal. It was Obama's nominee, John Koskinen, that stopped the practice.

How come you clowns don't know anything. Just the most stupid people on earth. If you are going to make claims, make sure you have "FACTS", not "alternative facts".

The person that worked with the Obama White House to illegally target conservative groups was Lois Lerner, R-Derp! You remember Lois...she's the one who took the 5th so she wouldn't have to explain what it was that she did? Koskinen was the guy Obama brought in to cover up what Lerner did. He's the guy who hid the fact that the IRS had erased hard drives that contained emails dealing with the targeting of conservative groups and contacts with the Obama White House. Are those the "FACTS" that you're talking about?

Sheesh, one guy, Chris Mathews said that and here you are 8 years later saying memberS of the media? And have now assigned the emotion to every member not on Trump TV?

Oh, you think that Chris Matthews was alone in his adoration of Barack Obama? Sheesh is right, Bullwinkle!

Forum List

Back