Louisiana police officer fired for suggesting that AOC gets shot; 2nd officer fired for agreeing!

This simply shows people don't seem to learn from examples. They mistakenly believe first amendment protections applies to them even on privately owned public platforms such as Fakebook. Then they clutch their pearls and scream censorship and breach of privacy when their own words are used against them to get them fired, in trouble or even booted from said platform. Those same words are archived forever in said private company's servers. Those servers are also used to distribute information from your online profile (legally and illegally) to other outlets, especially when you deliberately set your profile for public consumption! Read the terms of service, people. Otherwise, you can't fix stupid.

Indeed, people never seem to learn these days.

This simply shows people don't seem to learn from examples. They mistakenly believe first amendment protections applies to them even on privately owned public platforms such as Fakebook. Then they clutch their pearls and scream censorship and breach of privacy when their own words are used against them to get them fired, in trouble or even booted from said platform. Those same words are archived forever in said private company's servers. Those servers are also used to distribute information from your online profile (legally and illegally) to other outlets, especially when you deliberately set your profile for public consumption! Read the terms of service, people. Otherwise, you can't fix stupid.

I'm sure that the police department has a code of conduct that you agree to when hired and if you violate that code, they can determine punishment up to and including termination.

When I have a person coming in to interview for a job, I check social media and it does put weight in whether I hire them or not.

I'm sure that the police department has a code of conduct that you agree to when hired and if you violate that code, they can determine punishment up to and including termination.

When I have a person coming in to interview for a job, I check social media and it does put weight in whether I hire them or not.
Many years ago I got a cv with the e mail address - [email protected].
Straight in the bin.

They absolutely do. Every department has a code of conduct and a breach of it can also result in the loss of law enforcement license. There's really no excuse for the officers actions other than he thought he could get away with it. He didn't.

Yep, me too. Employers have been doing this for almost a decade. Again, people simply don't learn.

Straight in the bin.

Lol! Oh yeah, cv = resume bin = waste basket, for the non Britons in the thread. Damn Limeys... :04:

As much as AOC makes me laugh every time she opens her mouth, I don't wish her or anyone shot. Or even dead.

I have many enemies (in real life). And, I probably have enemies on here, too! But I don't wish upon death on any of them.

I believe they (the officers) were over the line. Suggesting anything harmful or even death to someone has never been my cup of tea. I may joke around. But I don't ever mean it personally. Unless my family or I am being threatened. Then it becomes personal.

Now, back to AOC. She is nothing more than an Attention whore. I have said that many times. She thrives on that attention, no matter what comes out of her mouth. Maybe, she isn't getting laid enough. I don't know...and I really don't care.
I am sure there will be someone that will challenge her in her own state, and unseat her. That is to me, the best revenge. IMO

I am sure I will get hate comments on this, and that's fine. It's not like we're ever going to meet in real life.

How about if we just wing her?
When We the People place a badge upon a person to invest in him or her with extraordinary powers, we expect that it goes to a person capable of carrying out this high level of responsibility. How would any member of the community be able to respect a person who talks like these guys do?

As much as AOC makes me laugh every time she opens her mouth, I don't wish her or anyone shot. Or even dead.

I have many enemies (in real life). And, I probably have enemies on here, too! But I don't wish upon death on any of them.

I believe they (the officers) were over the line. Suggesting anything harmful or even death to someone has never been my cup of tea. I may joke around. But I don't ever mean it personally. Unless my family or I am being threatened. Then it becomes personal.

Now, back to AOC. She is nothing more than an Attention whore. I have said that many times. She thrives on that attention, no matter what comes out of her mouth. Maybe, she isn't getting laid enough. I don't know...and I really don't care.
I am sure there will be someone that will challenge her in her own state, and unseat her. That is to me, the best revenge. IMO

I am sure I will get hate comments on this, and that's fine. It's not like we're ever going to meet in real life.

When We the People place a badge upon a person to invest in him or her with extraordinary powers, we expect that it goes to a person capable of carrying out this high level of responsibility. How would any member of the community be able to respect a person who talks like these guys do?
Untile the local law/corrections/judicial fiefdoms with the political fiefdoms start removing crimes from the criminal code, this means nothing.

Untile the local law/corrections/judicial fiefdoms with the political fiefdoms start removing crimes from the criminal code, this means nothing.
Your comment means nothing. Either we have a neutral and honorable police force that all members of the community can respect, or we don't.

These guys showed that they were not worthy of the trust placed in them by their community. What removal of crimes from the criminal code do you want, BTW? Are you thinking of attacking someone?

Your comment means nothing. Either we have a neutral and honorable police force that all members of the community can respect, or we don't.

These guys showed that they were not worthy of the trust placed in them by their community. What removal of crimes from the criminal code do you want, BTW? Are you thinking of attacking someone?
We have made everything a crime if pushed. How about removing or reducing fines and fees to start. You can look at state and local criminal code books and they are like encyclopedias. Your the one biatching about officers and their mouths through social media. You want freedom. This is a path to it. Or you want others to pay the resources for others.

Straight in the bin.

That would be one I'd interview just because I wanted to see who the hell would have that email address.

I had a guy that on his resume was that he cooked the best bacon. Who can screw up bacon?

Straight in the bin.

That would be one I'd interview just because I wanted to see who the hell would have that email address.

I had a guy that on his resume was that he cooked the best bacon. Who can screw up bacon?
A Vegan

I think that's fine. An officer says something like that, he should be fired. Even though she is a vile idiot, you can't be an officer and say something like someone needs shot.

Once again, this is a prime example of how the right-wing is flat out better people than the left. If a left-winger said that, we would hear endless excuses, and how they were just joking, and all this other nonsense.

We have made everything a crime if pushed. How about removing or reducing fines and fees to start. You can look at state and local criminal code books and they are like encyclopedias. Your the one biatching about officers and their mouths through social media. You want freedom. This is a path to it. Or you want others to pay the resources for others.
About what, specifically are you complaining? Give me examples.What are the flaws in our criminal codes?

The police officers were out of line, the police department acted in line with American values and let them go. Don’t say stupid stuff and you won’t get fired.
I have mixed feelings. I get why there was a punishment at all, but should a firing be what it is when saying something stupid is all that the cops are guilty of?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. If a person has to be guilty of anything, what would you rather the person be guilty of, saying something stupid or doing something stupid?

He is law enforcement, encouraging people to break the law. That is plain moronic. He should be fired for being a moron.
If the cops truly were for real on what they were talking about, then yes, being fired is what should've been done, but is there anyone on this planet who actually has never said anything like that about another person? Probably very few if not none at all and so why should the punishment that the cops got be that severe when other things could've been done? A good long suspension without pay I think would've been a sufficient enough punishment, especially if the two cops had never once been any kind of issue before.

Holly

P.S. How bad of a punishment did Madonna and that Kathy Griffin lady suffer after making the statements that they decided to put out there?

The police officers were out of line, the police department acted in line with American values and let them go. Don’t say stupid stuff and you won’t get fired.
I have mixed feelings. I get why there was a punishment at all, but should a firing be what it is when saying something stupid is all that the cops are guilty of?

Holly

P.S. If a person has to be guilty of anything, what would you rather the person be guilty of, saying something stupid or doing something stupid?

He is law enforcement, encouraging people to break the law. That is plain moronic. He should be fired for being a moron.
If the cops truly were for real on what they were talking about, then yes, being fired is what should've been done, but is there anyone on this planet who actually has never said anything like that about another person? Probably very few if not none at all and so why should the punishment that the cops got be that severe when other things could've been done? A good long suspension without pay I think would've been a sufficient enough punishment, especially if the two cops had never once been any kind of issue before.

Holly

P.S. How bad of a punishment did Madonna and that Kathy Griffin lady suffer after making the statements that they decided to put out there?

Two private citizens and two police officers that work for law enforcement with a code of conduct rule. They didn't just talk, they posted it on social media, which to me was stupid, just sayin. I would probably have had them both issue a public apology, suspended them without pay for two weeks and made them go to counseling.

The left wing hypocritical double standard again. Authorities know who this guy is who is making multiple death threats against Matt Goetz and family. ‘I’m Coming After You’: Matt Gaetz Shares A Horrible Death Threat With Tucker Carlson
But the chief judge in the Northern California circuit court has ignored all calls about going after this psycho.
In Louisiana they police their own officers. Double standard.

Yeah and what about that college professor who put forth the idea that all cops should be shot in the back.

Wonder if his sorry ass got fired??

The left wing hypocritical double standard again. Authorities know who this guy is who is making multiple death threats against Matt Goetz and family. ‘I’m Coming After You’: Matt Gaetz Shares A Horrible Death Threat With Tucker Carlson
But the chief judge in the Northern California circuit court has ignored all calls about going after this psycho.
In Louisiana they police their own officers. Double standard.

Yeah and what about that college professor who put forth the idea that all cops should be shot in the back.

Wonder if his sorry ass got fired??

He is still at Cal-Davis polluting young minds.

Forum List

Back