Low Energy John Boehner joins board of marijuana firm, says his views have 'evolved'

Gee, what will Paul Ryan do?

John Boehner, former House speaker, joining cannabis company board

(And he's not the only Republican)

He said in a statement Wednesday that his thinking on marijuana has "evolved," prompting him to join New York-based Acreage Holdings, along with former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld, also a Republican.

Guess the booze is taking a greater toll on John as he grows older.
)Former House Speaker John A. Boehner said Wednesday he has had a change of heart on marijuana and will promote its nationwide legalization as a way to help veterans and the nation's deadly opioid crisis.

The Ohio Republican, an avid cigarette smoker, has joined the advisory board of Acreage Holdings, a multistate cannabis company. The company also announced that former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld had joined its advisory board.

Weld, a Republican as governor, ran in the 2016 presidential election on the Libertarian Party ticket that was headed by legal-pot advocate Gary Johnson.

Boehner said in a statement his position "has evolved" from opposing to supporting legalization of marijuana.

"I decided to get involved because of the struggles of our country's veterans and the opioid epidemic, after learning how descheduling the drug can potentially help with both crises," said Boehner, 68.

Former House Speaker John Boehner to promote legalizing marijuana

:cheers2:LOL! More Conservative CRAZY! :dunno: Doing the right thang.
Well, Drinks and Doobies for this conservative Boner!.. Oops Boehner
bill-murray-420.gif

btw: Boehner was the first Orange Colored Politician I've seen
Before the Great Orange Douche.

Just a little funny coming from a guy who could not wait until 5 PM to hit the bar in DC.

Maybe he could lay off the booze and cigarettes, let his brain return to normal for a change.

Not really. Pot causes devastating anxiety and depersonalization and derealization issues. Crippling.
Avoid pot websites if you want to do any accurate research on the subject.

Bro, I know folks who have imbibed on pot daily (hourly) for decades. They are fine and in fact it reverses terrible diseases. :p

Opiods are also great short term. But unlike pot it is addictive and as such it causes constipation, taking people for granted, etc., that causes issues.

Last edited:
Not really. Pot causes devastating anxiety and depersonalization and derealization issues. Crippling.
Avoid pot websites if you want to do any accurate research on the subject.

Bro, I know folks who have imbibed on pot daily (hourly) for decades. They are fine and in fact it reverses terrible diseases. :p

Opiods are also great short term. But unlike pot it is addictive and as such it causes constipation, taking people for granted, etc., that causes issues.
Fine.
That doesn't change a thing about the fact that pot is devastating for some people. Get out of the dark, break through the propaganda and educate yourself.

Jesus, pot is great. Get over it. I have grown it and eaten it since the 80's punk.

Life is devastating to some people. Should we make life illegal?

Jesus, pot is great. Get over it. I have grown it and eaten it since the 80's punk.

Life is devastating to some people. Should we make life illegal?
You inject penecillin and shellfish and peanuts into people who have anaphylactic allergies to those substances? What makes you think you can introduce THC into others just because you enjoy it? What’s more, how about you and your ilk get educated to the risks of pot instead of indoctrinated by pot propagandists?
Just keep your ignorance to yourself.

Forum List

Back