Making a political bet on the forum

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
What do you think is reasonable? I've seen bets about people leaving the forum, bets about changing sig lines, bets about changing avatars... Zona and Liability probably being the best example.

Recently someone challenged people to make a bet, and pussied out when a bet was offered where the winner gets to pick the loser's sig line for a month. They said they didn't believe the person against them would change their signature if they lost.

So they countered by proposing a bet that compromises both parties privacy by making it a monetary bet over paypal. Would you make a bet that compromises your privacy? Is the party in question a pussy for not taking a sig line bet, even though THEY were the one daring someone to propose a bet?

Last edited:
In 5 months this place will be a nut house....We need a private forum spot like we used to have to post,, without the crazies running amok...

Betting among strangers online is stupid as well as pointless
True but if someone's being super annoying and daring people to bet them, isn't a bet about changing their sig line perfectly reasonable? I mean, if they really believe what they're saying, they should take the bet right?

Betting among strangers online is stupid as well as pointless
True but if someone's being super annoying and daring people to bet them, isn't a bet about changing their sig line perfectly reasonable? I mean, if they really believe what they're saying, they should take the bet right?
I am sure that Boss will be easy meat...
Oh that isn't even in question. But he's not the subject of the thread.

Sig lines or avis are fine. Anything involving money and privacy is retarded.

Gambling is an illness, an addiction, not unlike heroin.

Specifically why? I wouldn't bet money on an election but I don't necessarily think there is anything inherently wrong with it other than if you have a gambling addiction.

Specifically why? I wouldn't bet money on an election but I don't necessarily think there is anything inherently wrong with it other than if you have a gambling addiction.

Any bet on here involving money or privacy, I just think it's dumb. Besides, much more satisfaction for the winner to give the loser a goofy avi or sig line for all to see!

Forum List

Back