Making Gasoline/Diesel More Afforedable

Thank you for making my point.

Your point was you have no understanding of markets. I'm happy to point that out.

It's the price of crude that is the culprit for high gasoline prices, so if you cap at forty cents above taxes we'd bring the cost of crude and gasoline down from the stupid levels we are currently seeing.

Yeah, cap it at below the cost of production and you'd crush supply.

That would be stupid.

So the only variable is the cost of crude and gasoline which is fixed by the market. Capping would fix the price in the favor of the middle class and poor as the market price of crude and gasoline would fall to match the pump price.

Capping would fix the price in the favor of the middle class

You want to cap the price of gasoline at taxes plus 40 cents, even if the cost of the oil, refining etc is $3.50?

Watch it, Todd. He's got a $165 million portfolio. :lol:

So the only variable is the cost of crude and gasoline which is fixed by the market. Capping would fix the price in the favor of the middle class and poor as the market price of crude and gasoline would fall to match the pump price.

You want to cap the price of gasoline at taxes plus 40 cents, even if the cost of the oil, refining etc is $3.50?

Capping would fix the price in the favor of the middle class and poor as the market price of crude and gasoline would fall to match the pump price.

Look, I'm selling gas at $0.60 per gallon, how long before the price of oil and gas starts to fall?

LOL! He is such a maroon.

Capping would fix the price in the favor of the middle class and poor as the market price of crude and gasoline would fall to match the pump price.

Look, I'm selling gas at $0.60 per gallon, how long before the price of oil and gas starts to fall?

Pay attention. It's $0.40 above taxes.

With short calls, crude oil and gasoline will drop weeks before any law goes into effect.

Jealous?

With short calls, crude oil and gasoline will drop weeks before any law goes into effect.

Yes, way below the cost of production.

The price would skyrocket first, because of stockpiling in anticipation of crashing production once the price drops to $0.40 above taxes.

Given his horrible math skills, it's more like $235K.

Yes, way below the cost of production.

The price would skyrocket first, because of stockpiling in anticipation of crashing production once the price drops to $0.40 above taxes.

Crashing production would be collusion since three companies purchase the vast majority of the crude in the US.

Has anyone pointed out to OP that government makes more money off a gallon of gas than the gas company does?

Has anyone stated exactly why gasoline/diesel needs to be made "more affordable" in the first place?
You hush. The rich guy has spoken, and us proles aren't allowed to question him.

But he's 27.5 times cooler than this guy...

six.jpg

But you made my point for me, and answered why the Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence because concrete alone would cost $32,253,333,300.00. Thank You for playing!

Last edited:

But you made my point for me, and answered why the Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence because concrete alone would cost $32,253,333,300.00. Thank You for playing!
Hear that sound? That's the sound of the last shred of your credibility flushing down the toilet.

Thanks for playing!

Forum List

Back