Man freed by DNA evidence after 20 years dies a year later

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Another case of Black people being railroaded. This guy was exonerated but dies. I hope the family has grounds to sue whoever sent him to prison.

Man freed by DNA evidence after 20 years dies a year later - CNN.com

"
Wilson was arrested in June 1992, along with his friend Anthony Yarbough, in the slaying of Yarbough's 40-year-old mother, Yarbough's 12-year-old sister and 12-year-old cousin in a Coney Island housing project.

Yarbough was just 18, and Wilson only 15, when they were accused of murder.

Brooklyn detectives placed Yarbough and Wilson into separate interview rooms and coerced false confessions from the two teens, who were later convicted in separate trials."

The same tactics would have been used to get a confession if he had been white.

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought it figures

A white person wouldn't have been put in that situation...its easier to falsely accuse a negro.
Want a fricking tissue?
Amazing how the white feral racists do everything but address the point.
Better go back and read your own comments. You're the one who made the point about being railroaded because he was black. Your point was countered by the fact that cops do that to everybody. They make an arrest, then they send in a different cop who tries to gain their confidence and get them to talk or confess. If they don't confess, they might say something that the cops can use against them in court. Your problem is that you see everything as a racial issue and that is just plain ignorant.

A white person wouldn't have been put in that situation...its easier to falsely accuse a negro.

Bill Cosby?
:lol: It's even easier to falsely accuse a rich man (not saying I think Bill is innocent). The only difference the rich man has legal resources and usually isn't stupid.

Bill Cosby?
:lol: It's even easier to falsely accuse a rich man (not saying I think Bill is innocent). The only difference the rich man has legal resources and usually isn't stupid.
The more connections an attorney has, the more expensive he is. The reason being that he can get better deals for you because he knows all the prosecutors (and judges) on a personal basis whereas a shitty attorney isn't gonna make many friends and won't be able to get you a decent deal. Those are the ones poor people end up with, or even worse, a public defender. Those guys really suck. And like you said, the rich guy isn't as likely to be stupid. The poor guy (and his shitty lawyer) aren't likely to know all the legal technicalities that could be used to get the case thrown out.

Bill Cosby?
The more connections an attorney has, the more expensive he is. The reason being that he can get better deals for you because he knows all the prosecutors (and judges) on a personal basis whereas a shitty attorney isn't gonna make many friends and won't be able to get you a decent deal. Those are the ones poor people end up with, or even worse, a public defender. Those guys really suck. And like you said, the rich guy isn't as likely to be stupid. The poor guy (and his shitty lawyer) aren't likely to know all the legal technicalities that could be used to get the case thrown out.
That is true...except when a person is framed and railroaded as in many cases we see...even the best lawyer isn't gonna free an innocent black man when there is a conspiracy.

I realize you are a jailbird and know the ins and outs of the legal system ;) (had to)...

but you are white. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Bill Cosby?
That is true...except when a person is framed and railroaded as in many cases we see...even the best lawyer isn't gonna free an innocent black man when there is a conspiracy.

I realize you are a jailbird and know the ins and outs of the legal system ;) (had to)...

but you are white. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Hate to break it to you but that's a myth. The government is an equal opportunity railroader. You don't hear about these stories on the news because they can't sensationalize them like they can when blacks are railroaded. PS, there's no conspiracy against blacks, it's against all of us.

My heart goes out to the guy. Our justice system isn't perfect. Although I'd be very hesitant to say racism played a role in this case without evidence. Applying generalizations to individual situations is not a good idea. Yes racism could have been a factor, but it's unfair and dangerous to assume it is without proof.

If he had white privilege he would be alive today
What is "white privilege"?

Wealthy 16-year-old who killed 4 in drunken crash spared jail - NY Daily News

Defense attorneys said the boy suffered from 'affluenza' and blamed the boy's parents, saying they gave him everything he wanted and didn't teach him about consequences.

During the trial, prosecutors said Couch and his pals had been partying with beer they stole from Walmart, and were on another booze run when the crash occurred.

My heart goes out to the guy. Our justice system isn't perfect. Although I'd be very hesitant to say racism played a role in this case without evidence. Applying generalizations to individual situations is not a good idea. Yes racism could have been a factor, but it's unfair and dangerous to assume it is without proof.
For some people, there will never be enough 'proof'.

Forum List

Back